Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been two months since I became the owner of the e-tron. I bought it through Costco auto program and got a lot of discount and I am very satisfied. The car is the 2019 e-tron prestige.

For the first month, I drove without paying attention to electric economy, but when fully charged, the driving distance dropped 180 miles. Then, as a result of electric-efficient driving, it currently shows 234 miles. Everything is satisfactory, but the window wiper shakes and I went to the service center, but I still have the same problem.
Also, when opening the door opening handle in the car, it sometimes does not open, making it embarrassing. I'm Charlotte, North Carolina, and I'm planning a long trip, but I don't think it's available yet, so I use the SQ5 at home when I go far. I am satisfied so far.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

I had an issue with the wiper blades stuttering, but after replacement, it's been solid. And yeah, there have been a few posts regarding the odd electric/mechanical behavior of the door handles. You kind of have to unlearn how you've been opening them. Try pulling the handle all the way, a bit quicker. If you pull too slow, it only partially unlocks. Not sure they they felt the need to over complicate something like a door handle, but my guess is that it has to do with the soft close feature. Which is a neat trick, but not super useful. At least not for me anyway.

In either case, enjoy!

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
81 Posts
I'm also having this issue. From SYMAWD at Audiworld: "You need to push out as you pull the handle. Here is a video I made to show that. If you pull the handle then push it won't open, if you push as you pull, there's no problem."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts