Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member with an e-tron that has had and is having lots of issues.

UK launch edition.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sorry to hear.

I actually know someone who experienced similar issues to this (it was shared to an EV blog):

"I wanted to bring this to your attention. Last week I saw articles posted on various sites highlighting queues of tesla vehices at a few of the most busy Supercharging stations during the recent holiday travel. I'm sure those people were able to charge and continue on their way. I'm an e-tron owner and had a much worse experience. We had problems at each location we stopped at and eventually had to turn back because a location had no working chargers (electrify america). I feel like the problems e-tron owners have had for the last 6 months with charge plugs getting locked to the port is going under reported. Audi has mentioned a firmware update a few months ago but nothing is happening.

I'm an EV advocate and want to see the best future for EV's. All non-Tesla EV's entering the market are depending on Electrify America for DC fast charging but the experience so far has been terrible. Our experience is one of many."

Keep us posted on how it goes with resolving them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I recently eked into an Electrify America with 10mi remaining on my eTron, 40 miles from my destination in 17°F temps. I was briefly relieved to find the oasis of ten 150kW-300kW stations. However, after connecting, I couldn’t get past initialization stage and my blood pressure began to elevate. Calling into EA, I had to move my etron to three different stations before a successful connection made it past initialization. My hands and face were painfully frozen at this point. Because as you all know, the connection requires a little patience. EA was very supportive and acknowledged the difficulty with a courtesy charge. IMO, if you encounter a problem, jumping on a quick call to EA gets things moving along. I’m really looking forward to the day that the kinks all get worked out. Best of luck! Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts