Audi e-tron Forum banner

New owner...already concerned.

Tags
new owner
4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  me101 
#1 ·
I picked up my new 2021 etron this week and within 48 hours it is back at the dealership(so, so disappointing 😞) So I was given a loaner(that was not an etron) as I waited. The diagnosis: (1) wheel speed sensor failure and (2) coolant pump/valve failure. Parts are coming from Germany so I'm looking at 2 weeks until the pump replacement part arrives. I asked for a new car but that didn't work. Anyone here on this forum with experience with a similar problem or advice in how to navigate Audi customer service?

#2 ·
As far as I know, the car has to be in the shop for 30 days in the first 6 month for you to get full refund, according to lemon law
Then you basically would not pay anything for using this car (they’ll refund everything) and you can either buy another car from them or from another company
Good luck!

#7 ·
Depends on State. In Washington State, out of service for 30 days qualifies:

What are a Reasonable
Number of Repair
Attempts?
A “reasonable number of attempts” for most
eligible vehicles has occurred when:
1. Diagnosis or repair of the same “serious safety
defect” has been attempted two* or more times
(with at least one during the “eligibility period”)
and the defect continues to exist;
OR
2. Diagnosis or repair of the same
“nonconformity” has been attempted four*
or more times (with at least one during the
“eligibility period”) and the defect continues to
exist;
OR
3. A vehicle has been out-of-service for diagnosis
or repair of one or more nonconformities or
serious safety defects (whether or not repaired)
for a cumulative total of 30* calendar days, with
at least one ‘attempt’ for each defect and 15*
of those days occurring during the “eligibility
period

#8 ·
Agree with keeping track of all service visits and issues, but don’t mention lemon law to the dealer.

They likely have no ability to get the parts in any quicker. Another 2 weeks and you will have have an easy lemon law case, whether that occurs this year, or later on.

LL for time (30 days) is often 2 years, 24k miles but you must check your state’s law.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.