Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My 55 Sportback was delivered yesterday, very happy so far with the car apart from 2 x things that I can't solve at the moment.

1.Cannot for the life of me get the App to link to the car, the 'set key user' function just wont work. Tried so many things but believe there may be a widespread issue with the Audi servers causing this 9although oddly some people seem to have resolved it themselves??)

2. Charging timer - what a pain, it was so easy on my previous car (BMW i3). I now have to set a charge time and cabin heat schedule separately as I want the charge to finish at 04:30 when my Octopus Go cheap electricity tariff ends but then want the car to be warmed up for 07:30

If anyone has solutions to my issues above, which are minor but slightly spoiling the enjoyment of the car please post a link or reply!

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
182 Posts
Best of luck with 2. That's not how it works.

·
Registered
148 Posts
2. Charging timer - what a pain, it was so easy on my previous car (BMW i3). I now have to set a charge time and cabin heat schedule separately as I want the charge to finish at 04:30 when my Octopus Go cheap electricity tariff ends but then want the car to be warmed up for 07:30

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Rumour has it that there have been some app registration issues for the past three weeks. Have you spoken to the dealer or the concierge service?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I use Octopus Go and you set up the car like this (on a non-smart charger). You can do it through car or app (well, you can't :))
Set up Advanced Charging for your home location (easiest if you do this while at home but you can enter an address).
Set up location
Set a target level and, if you want a minimum level but you can do that later.
Set up the preferred interval to be for Octopus Go, it may be best to be a bit conservative, so make the interval 00:32 to 04:25.
Then, whenever the car's physically at the above location, it will prefer to charge in the time window set. You don't have to do anything else other than set up a 'normal' timed charge and tell the car to use that before plugging it in at the end of the day.
So, with an instruction to be warm and at 80% by 09:35, my car's overnight charging was like this.

With not a lot of effort up front the car charging is financially optimised.
If you have a Pod Point charger you may have a different experience...

·
Registered
2020 e-tron 50 Sport Grey with roof rails, privacy glass, storage.
17 Posts
There is a thread on here about problems with app registering - search for "myAudi".

I've got the same problem. Someone said they are porting their cloud hosting this week so it should work after that. Not great to be honest.

·
Registered
Audi e-tron 55 Launch Edition
6 Posts
Hi all

My 55 Sportback was delivered yesterday, very happy so far with the car apart from 2 x things that I can't solve at the moment.

1.Cannot for the life of me get the App to link to the car, the 'set key user' function just wont work. Tried so many things but believe there may be a widespread issue with the Audi servers causing this 9although oddly some people seem to have resolved it themselves??)

If anyone has solutions to my issues above, which are minor but slightly spoiling the enjoyment of the car please post a link or reply!
Got our 55 two days ago. Also unable to ‘set key user’ Problem with Audi server apparently that is in the process of being resolved. Nothing we can do to fix unfortunately.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome to the forum @CFB! You're not the only one that's had issues with the MyAudi app.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts