Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Etron Sportback 55 Launch edition
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

We have a 2021 Etron Sportback 55 launch edition (20MY) just have a few niggles. Car has around 1100 miles on it now

Driving in central london, the range seems to be about 160 miles......seems seriously low

the car doesnt creep forward, is there a setting for this?

Also can you get media and nav data on the virtual cockpit at the same time?

Has anyone managed to add an extra user to their myAudi account?

On the navigation is there a setting to show which lane is best to be in?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hey guys

We have a 2021 Etron Sportback 55 launch edition (20MY) just have a few niggles. Car has around 1100 miles on it now

Driving in central london, the range seems to be about 160 miles......seems seriously low

the car doesnt creep forward, is there a setting for this?

Thank you in advance
Congratulations on your E Tron. Now the learning experience begins!
To answer a couple of these questions:

1) No, the E Tron does NOT have a Creep mode. The car free rolls forwards and backwards. In fact, if you deal with any hilly territory, I recommend you turn on Hold Assist, which will lock the brakes after you fully engage them and the brakes will remain locked until you touch the accelerator. There is also a Hill Hold Assist feature, which is always on and cannot be turned off, that will, when you full brake, hold the car briefly (a couple of seconds) to give you time to shift your foot from brake to accelerator.
2) The 160 mi setting depends on a lot of factors. If you stop frequently, the battery may not have time to warm up to the optimal range, which will lower the efficiency. The cabin comfort settings you use will impact miles. Are you charging your car to the 80% full State of charge, or to the 100% SOC? What does the GOM (Guess-O-Meter) tell you you mileage should be when you have charged it to the full SOC?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I havent found a way yet to display both fully - it does show me across the very top that I am on Radio 5 Live or whether Im playing from media / etc

(Example taken from website picture).

Yes and no - I did manage to after about 50 attempts and trying through the website my.audi site as well as the app (cant remember which one worked), but then I did a MMI reset and a app reset and it removed all authorised drivers - and now I cant even add myself at the moment - I think my.audi is having connectivity issues / server issues still since maintenance or something.

I am waiting on an email following a web chat that the assistant advised me he had to forward on to technical to deal and will get back to me.

Cant help on that at moment - will let you know in a weeks time as going away and using the navigation down the motorway and around and about so will be watching what navigation aids it brings up on the virtual cockpit etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations on your E Tron. Now the learning experience begins!
To answer a couple of these questions:

1) No, the E Tron does NOT have a Creep mode. The car free rolls forwards and backwards. In fact, if you deal with any hilly territory, I recommend you turn on Hold Assist, which will lock the brakes after you fully engage them and the brakes will remain locked until you touch the accelerator. There is also a Hill Hold Assist feature, which is always on and cannot be turned off, that will, when you full brake, hold the car briefly (a couple of seconds) to give you time to shift your foot from brake to accelerator.
2) The 160 mi setting depends on a lot of factors. If you stop frequently, the battery may not have time to warm up to the optimal range, which will lower the efficiency. The cabin comfort settings you use will impact miles. Are you charging your car to the 80% full State of charge, or to the 100% SOC? What does the GOM (Guess-O-Meter) tell you you mileage should be when you have charged it to the full SOC?
Thank you for your response

the 100% GOM is 171miles. She does do a lot of short journeys. I have an EV myself and the
journey consumption on my car EV is about 15% better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent found a way yet to display both fully - it does show me across the very top that I am on Radio 5 Live or whether Im playing from media / etc
View attachment 2004
(Example taken from website picture).

Yes and no - I did manage to after about 50 attempts and trying through the website my.audi site as well as the app (cant remember which one worked), but then I did a MMI reset and a app reset and it removed all authorised drivers - and now I cant even add myself at the moment - I think my.audi is having connectivity issues / server issues still since maintenance or something.

I am waiting on an email following a web chat that the assistant advised me he had to forward on to technical to deal and will get back to me.

Cant help on that at moment - will let you know in a weeks time as going away and using the navigation down the motorway and around and about so will be watching what navigation aids it brings up on the virtual cockpit etc.
Thank you for the info.
Car seems to have some really obvious features missing that other EV manufacturers do. Hopefully all solved with a software update

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Thank you for your response

the 100% GOM is 171miles. She does do a lot of short journeys. I have an EV myself and the
journey consumption on my car EV is about 15% better.
To me, even accounting for driving style, etc., in the GOM, 171 at 100% seems a little low for a 2021. Are you sure that the car via the MMI is set up to charge to 100% and not the recommended default of 80%? Mine is a 2019, so it would be interesting to hear what other 2021 owners have to say. The 2019 has an EPA of 204. I generally just charge to 80%, and my GOM will report with a full State Of Charge between 150 and 160 miles, close to the 163 I would theoretically expect. This is with ambient temps in the 40 to 60 F range. Your 171 miles is what you would expect with an 80% charge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To me, even accounting for driving style, etc., in the GOM, 171 at 100% seems a little low for a 2021. Are you sure that the car via the MMI is set up to charge to 100% and not the recommended default of 80%? Mine is a 2019, so it would be interesting to hear what other 2021 owners have to say. The 2019 has an EPA of 204. I generally just charge to 80%, and my GOM will report with a full State Of Charge between 150 and 160 miles, close to the 163 I would theoretically expect. This is with ambient temps in the 40 to 60 F range. Your 171 miles is what you would expect with an 80% charge.
I have a '21 e-tron. At 100% SoC, I typically get a GOM estimate of >220 mi. I usually drive in Dynamic / S mode, and use the e-tron as a daily driver (commute, errands) in the San Francisco Bay Area (~70-80 deg F these days).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a '21 e-tron. At 100% SoC, I typically get a GOM estimate of >220 mi. I usually drive in Dynamic / S mode, and use the e-tron as a daily driver (commute, errands) in the San Francisco Bay Area (~70-80 deg F these days).
Pretty much the same here. Also in the Bay Area. If I stop charging at 80% I am normally showing GOM of 190mi or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last time she fully charged I saw the myAudi app read 100% battery with range 171 miles hence I’m assuming she is charging to 100%. Would I be right in assuming this? This pic of driving data may show more clarity........

·
Registered
360 Posts
It will most likely be the numerous short trips that will be making the GOM say that - especially if you are only getting 1.7kWh each trip.

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019
61 Posts
If you are doing mostly short trips, especially with a lot of climate control use, expect very low miles/kWh and lower range on the GOM.

Take a longer trip on a nice day, and expect to see the GOM much larger after that, at least for a while.

My 2019 USA GOM has been as low as 170 miles and as high as 230 miles.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yeah, those are low efficiency numbers, most likely for a lot of short trips. An optimal operating battery will typically be north of 2.3. You can set up your cockpit display to show efficiency. Take it out for a drive and see how long it takes for the car to get up into the 2.3 range.

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Sportback Premium Plus
5 Posts
I've had my 2021 Sportback for about 4 weeks. At an 80% charge, the guessometer indicates around 200 miles. That's about what I am able to get. I drive on efficiency all the time and drive prudently. This car is great! Has exceeded my expectations as far as miles per KWH (2.8 average).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts