Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I actually like it for the many times I'm stopped at a light. But if it makes things easier to pull up to a charger or parking, I can disengage it via the shortcut. So I'm assuming you have less of an issue pulling forward to a charger or parking?
Ya, makes small movements much easier. I still would prefer a creep option, but the limited times where I'd find the autohold useful are massively outnumbered by the times I find it an issue.

I also hate using it on any ice car, except for when sitting in drive-throughs

·
Registered
267 Posts
I hear ya. However, at least in my case, having a shortcut does allow me to anticipate the times it's useful vs not.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I actually like it for the many times I'm stopped at a light. But if it makes things easier to pull up to a charger or parking, I can disengage it via the shortcut. So I'm assuming you have less of an issue pulling forward to a charger or parking?
I pretty much have that set up, also. Hold Assist is set up as a shortcut. I agree that, with small movements, disabling HA is what works best. I'll then double click the paddles (in manual mode) to go to max regen (to get that "engine drag" effect) so that I'm not just freerolling toward the charger station. It's really too bad that you can't keep that engine drag when in reverse. I live in a pretty hilly area, so using HA when street driving works well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone, sorry for not posting yesterday. But it was my drive day.

Went to to the dealership at noon and was on the road at 2:30! Small hiccup getting the myAudi app to work. That took the longest.

Drove the 350 miles in 7 hours, with 2 stops at the EA chargers. I did one last one right by my house since my 240 won’t be installed until later this week ☹.

I just want to thank everyone for their help and reassuring me that everything will be ok.
Here are three photos from the trip. First one was at a rest stop, to adjust my seats better and the second was my FIRST charge ever. It was at a EA site. Man those cables are freaking heavy. It took me at least five tries to get the car close enough so the cable would not rest on the car. It is weird not having rolling motion like a normal car to inch closer. The best part was there was another etron charging🤣.
Congrats! Just picked up my 2021 etron here in the Pacific northwest. Any issues doing key verification mad using the app? The dealer told me key verification is down because of audi updates. I've tried to verify my account multiple times since then over the past two days , but have not gotten an agreement number to give to the dealer and have been unable to verify and start using the myaudi app. Am I doing something wrong, or is this an audi app/update problem? Sejal, have you had problems?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Congrats! Just picked up my 2021 etron here in the Pacific northwest. Any issues doing key verification mad using the app? The dealer told me key verification is down because of audi updates. I've tried to verify my account multiple times since then over the past two days , but have not gotten an agreement number to give to the dealer and have been unable to verify and start using the myaudi app. Am I doing something wrong, or is this an audi app/update problem? Sejal, have you had problems?
Yes, Audi cloud services were down until Friday afternoon, April 29, but are back up now.

I'm not sure what you are talking about here. Are you talking about setting yourself up as the Key USER using the Key User code? Or, about creating a MyAudi account, where you enter in your VIN number for your car? The Key User code should be on the little plastic strip that came with your key fobs. The VIN number, which you have, is used in setting up your MyAudi account. The Key User code is entered through your MMI after you log in to your MyAudi account on the MMI and is used to activate the remote services.

I'm not sure what you mean about getting an "agreement number" to give to your dealer, but that may be about setting up your complimentary Audi Connect services. Audi Connect has three tiers of service: Care, Prime, and Prime Plus. "Care" is free to everybody and automatic. In addition to that, you get 6 months complimentary subscriptions to the Prime and Prime Plus plans and I think the dealer is involved in activating that for you (possibly the agreement number you mention ?).

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
154 Posts
If this is your first Audi, one does need to sign Audi Key User Agreement so that the dealer can validate you as the owner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, Audi cloud services were down until Friday afternoon, April 29, but are back up now.

I'm not sure what you are talking about here. Are you talking about setting yourself up as the Key USER using the Key User code? Or, about creating a MyAudi account, where you enter in your VIN number for your car? The Key User code should be on the little plastic strip that came with your key fobs. The VIN number, which you have, is used in setting up your MyAudi account. The Key User code is entered through your MMI after you log in to your MyAudi account on the MMI and is used to activate the remote services.

I'm not sure what you mean about getting an "agreement number" to give to your dealer, but that may be about setting up your complimentary Audi Connect services. Audi Connect has three tiers of service: Care, Prime, and Prime Plus. "Care" is free to everybody and automatic. In addition to that, you get 6 months complimentary subscriptions to the Prime and Prime Plus plans and I think the dealer is involved in activating that for you (possibly the agreement number you mention ?).
I attempted to perform a key verification using the myaudi app, which then asks for the dealer to authenticate my identity. This requires my providing them with a Key User Agreement number, which I have not received despite attempting to validate through the app multiple times. Reached out to the dealer, who said that the service has been down from their end, but not sure what exactly he is talking about. The end result is that I cannot access any remote features or use the app.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If this is your first Audi, one does need to sign Audi Key User Agreement so that the dealer can validate you as the owner.
Yes this is my first Audi and have not yet signed the Audi Key User Agreement because the of the reasons mentioned above, unless I am missing something.

On an unrelated note, does the app allow for remote frunk opening like in Teslas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I attempted to perform a key verification using the myaudi app, which then asks for the dealer to authenticate my identity. This requires my providing them with a Key User Agreement number, which I have not received despite attempting to validate through the app multiple times. Reached out to the dealer, who said that the service has been down from their end, but not sure what exactly he is talking about. The end result is that I cannot access any remote features or use the app.
This is the email I received when trying to verify. The agreement number is blank in the email, and the link to the app doesn't work.

You have selected the "Dealer" verification method. In order to complete verification, please visit an Audi partner with your printed agreement or agreement number. For security reasons, you will need to confirm your personal data to them using an identity document.

Your agreement number is:

Your contract is available in Audi connect User Management:

·
Registered
785 Posts
This is the email I received when trying to verify. The agreement number is blank in the email, and the link to the app doesn't work.

You have selected the "Dealer" verification method. In order to complete verification, please visit an Audi partner with your printed agreement or agreement number. For security reasons, you will need to confirm your personal data to them using an identity document.

Your agreement number is:

Your contract is available in Audi connect User Management:
Ahh, this is in addition to all the other stuff I mentioned. My dealer got my MyAudi account running before I left with the car, so he must have already had the Key User Agreement number on hand. The Key User Agreement number, as I recall, enables the Audi Connect services--the CARE tier everyone gets for free, and the Prime and Prime Plus which you should get for free for your six month trial.

The Key User set up is a separate set up and I had to deal with myself (which enables remote services that allow you to control car functions via the MyAudi app.)

Since you have to contact your dealer anyway, I'd give them a call. They can probably look up the key user agreement number after you verify to them who you are. That should then give you all the Connect services.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts