Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the group and new to the Audi E-Tron.

Can anyone tell me why the car is saying it’s charged to 100% but there is only 146 miles available? When the car was delivered to me it was just short of a full charge and it was on 236 🙈 is there something I’m not doing right? Basically followed Instructions to charge it but even after 12-13 hours charging its still only reached 146 😢 hoping someone can shed some light on this please 🙏🏻

·
Registered
8 Posts
The range display is based on an algorithm that includes things like your driving history and temperature etc. I generally charge to 90% and at that level the range can vary from 148 to 170.It doesn’t help that I live on top of the hill, so when I get home my history shows very high consumption and the range reflects that. When I drive from the top to the bottom I actually gain 10 miles of range with slightly (1-2%) less charge. I have seen the display read as high as 206, on 100% charge, after a long drive where I got very good efficiency.

I for one would prefer they show us the percentage of charge on the range display as well as the calculated range so we could have a better idea of how the battery is working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It took a couple weeks to get used to the algorithm but it seems my sweet spot is to drive in allroad (s) using adaptive cruise (street and highway), with massaging seats on and a/c eco mode I average 190-196 miles at 90% charge. I’m usually around 2.3 a 2.6mi/kWh. I’ve still got a lot to learn. The first few days I was about 1.2 - 1.7mi/kWh.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Can anyone tell me why the car is saying it’s charged to 100% but there is only 146 miles available? When the car was delivered to me it was just short of a full charge and it was on 236 🙈 is there something I’m not doing right? Basically followed Instructions to charge it but even after 12-13 hours charging its still only reached 146 😢 hoping someone can shed some light on this please 🙏🏻
I have the same problem . Is it a 55 Quattro that you have ? I’ve booked mine into Audi dealership for battery check .

·
Registered
61 Posts
On our second *EV, I find that dealers are EXTREMELY unhelpful when it comes to your concerns regarding battery capacity (usable) and range. Unless something is very very off, they are of no help. Just my observation. For what it is worth, in Seattle (where 20+% grades are the norm), we see between 1.5-2.0 mi/kWh in WINTER. In summer, I have seen 2.0-2.5mi/kWh in mostly city driving.

We did just get the latest service pack and for the first time in 10 months of ownership, as I was gliding down a grade towards a bridge, I saw the car register 5.4 mi/kWh. I drive that all the time and have never seen a trip average higher than 2.8 prior to this upgrade. (for reference, we have 21" wheels on a Prestige unit). Two days in however, it seems to be settling back to the summer 2-2.5 range for a trip (with stops/starts and steep hills).

If you are on relatively flat (no hills or significant grades), I would say something could be wrong. However, if you are an aggressive driver or have a LOT of STOP/STARTS (read traffic lights or stop signs), this will kill your range.

·
Registered
1 Posts

you might check your charge settings you may not be set at a target of 100% (home screen-vehicle-charging and efficiency-charge settings)

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi

I had the same problem six months ago, every time i had less miles available at 100% charge and the problem was on the battery they had to replace one cell that was affecting the others and limiting the charge, my recommendation is to bring the car to the dealer, they pass a test that indicates the problematic cell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts