Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let’s hear good stories:
700mi driven so fazer over a month or so, with zero issue, zero, none, nada. Only pure joy.
Currently getting around 260 on the GoM with mi/kwh on the 2.8-3.0 range. North Texas, which means it’s been pretty hot outside.

Love the car, the suspension, drivability, interior.
I’ve owned a 750 and a XC60 T8 and this has become my favorite car so far.
D.
Edit: 2021 Sportback Prestige Navarro Blue, photos added.
98FA5E27-B120-46DB-9EE1-B506DCCDF09B.jpeg
BEC86933-1978-4088-AC51-2150D9293AF7.jpeg
C1568990-9719-44AB-A236-51B0F04F7220.jpeg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats! It certainly is a nice car with a nice ride and options. I’m at 17k and had a drive system cooling error come up as well as a charging issue. The fault was cleared and an update installed for the charging error. Hoping nothing further but it’s an Audi and from past experience, I expect there will be other issues. As long as they resolve them, I’m fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have driven the car only once or twice, as it is my wife’s car. She really likes it, and loves not having to pump gas!

The technology is much more involved than anything she has driven before, but the salesman at the local dealership has been great (and patient) with her.

Ours is Navarro Blue also, with the light beige interior and Prestige trim. It is a very nice color combination.

We looked at the Mustang Mach-e and Volvo XC40 Recharge, and the Audi is a much nicer ride. It is not as nice (or as fast) as my 750Li, but it did not cost as much either 😉

·
Registered
45 Posts
I will have to pay attention to that, and make a comparison. The Prestige trim has some quiet features, like special glass. One of the things I liked about the E-Tron was the smooth and quiet ride.

O, by the way, I mean compare the E-Tron to my BMW, not to a Rolls 😁. The BMW felt a bit extravagant to me.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I will have to pay attention to that, and make a comparison. The Prestige trim has some quiet features, like special glass. One of the things I liked about the E-Tron was the smooth and quiet ride.

O, by the way, I mean compare the E-Tron to my BMW, not to a Rolls 😁. The BMW felt a bit extravagant to me.
No, I know what you meant. :) I was just saying if Car & Driver felt in their experience only a $350,000 Rolls was marginally quieter, I’m sure the e-Tron, with its electric drivetrain, is quieter than any BMW out there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Our E-Tron has the standard tires, too, which helps with noise and comfort. The optional low-profile tires look good, but lots of soft rubber helps with comfort.

The dealership showed my wife a deep cubby, or storage bin, just to the left of the steering wheel. I don’t think either of us would ever have looked for a bin there! It just might be really handy - maybe the owners manual and registration could go there.

·
Registered
955 Posts
The dealership showed my wife a deep cubby, or storage bin, just to the left of the steering wheel. I don’t think either of us would ever have looked for a bin there! It just might be really handy - maybe the owners manual and registration could go there.
I discovered that cubby by accident....seems like it goes on forever. I have to be careful about what I put in it, since it can be a deep reach to retrieve it!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Lots of owners say the etron lets them down because there's nowhere for sunglasses, they've clearly not found that cubby hole!
LOL - I found the cubby hole (thanks to posts on here...) unfortunately cant find my sunglasses now and have this feeling that they are in a similar cubby hole that was hard to find in the Volvo V90 that I had and have returned...oh well - someone is getting a free pair of sunglasses LOL :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
If the worst thing you can say about your car is that you do not have a place for your sunglasses, you have a mighty fine car!

We do like ours. We have not tried a public charging station, but that is OK. It is unlikely we will take long trips with it, so charging at home is just fine.

We ought to try a public charging place just to see how it works. Eventually we will surely need to use one, and should be prepared.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I picked up my e-Tron in Minnesota and drove it back to Naperville, IL. This was my first EV. Thank god for this forum and the one on AudiWorld. Everyone walked me through everything. I was so freaked out after reading all of the horror posts. 1000k miles and nothing crazy so far. I drive 85 mi round trip each day, in auto mode and cruise set to 77 mph. I really love the car.

By the way '21 Glacier White Prestige with the Black Optic Package.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I picked up my e-Tron in Minnesota and drove it back to Naperville, IL. This was my first EV. Thank god for this forum and the one on AudiWorld. Everyone walked me through everything. I was so freaked out after reading all of the horror posts. 1000k miles and nothing crazy so far. I drive 85 mi round trip each day, in auto mode and cruise set to 77 mph. I really love the car.

By the way '21 Glacier White Prestige with the Black Optic Package.
Argh, that’s the config I wanted. Ended up getting the Blue one, as my username says.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
664 Posts
Sounds like 32+ years (11764 days) of day in and day out driving at 85 miles a day "). I am picking, yes, I am :) But it is fun to do so from time to time ...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts