Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
New owner here. Got mine on Earth Day :) . Leased a Prem Plus Manhattan Gray on Black SUV. Got it from out of town and it was delivered to me but unfortunately dealer forgot to include the user manual. I’m really enjoying it but it‘s taking a lot of time to figure out some of the functions. BMW driver for last 20+ years so many of the things I need to learn are more about getting used to Audi than anything else. User manual finally showed up so I plan to do some study this weekend!

860 miles so far mostly highway - been using this as the family car so far and doing 5 to 30 mile runs to son’s sports events. Family loves it. most luxurious car we’ve ever owned. Other family car is an Acura MDX. I’ve been driving in dynamic mode and love the ride comfort and the near instant access to power. Getting about 2.3miles/kW so far. I had a 240V outlet (50A circuit) installed in the garage and that made everything better in terms of range anxiety. I haven’t had any experience with a public DC fast charger yet. Looks like Electrify America is nowhere close to me!

Before taking the plunge I tried Tesla Model 3 and Model Y, Mustang Mach E, VW ID.4, Polestar 2, and tried to get into an I-Pace but had no luck finding one to test drive. I’m in Dallas area and no other manufacturer was doing the kind of incentives that Audi were. That was the only thing that made it affordable! If the deal didn’t work I was going to get a used BMW PHEV. Very glad the deal worked!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Picked up mine two month ago. Love it as well. Also in Texas :)

View attachment 1959
New owner here. Got mine on Earth Day :) . Leased a Prem Plus Manhattan Gray on Black SUV. Got it from out of town and it was delivered to me but unfortunately dealer forgot to include the user manual. I’m really enjoying it but it‘s taking a lot of time to figure out some of the functions. BMW driver for last 20+ years so many of the things I need to learn are more about getting used to Audi than anything else. User manual finally showed up so I plan to do some study this weekend!

860 miles so far mostly highway - been using this as the family car so far and doing 5 to 30 mile runs to son’s sports events. Family loves it. most luxurious car we’ve ever owned. Other family car is an Acura MDX. I’ve been driving in dynamic mode and love the ride comfort and the near instant access to power. Getting about 2.3miles/kW so far. I had a 240V outlet (50A circuit) installed in the garage and that made everything better in terms of range anxiety. I haven’t had any experience with a public DC fast charger yet. Looks like Electrify America is nowhere close to me!

Before taking the plunge I tried Tesla Model 3 and Model Y, Mustang Mach E, VW ID.4, Polestar 2, and tried to get into an I-Pace but had no luck finding one to test drive. I’m in Dallas area and no other manufacturer was doing the kind of incentives that Audi were. That was the only thing that made it affordable! If the deal didn’t work I was going to get a used BMW PHEV. Very glad the deal worked!!
Congratulations on your new e-trons guys! Welcome to the forum!

@xiaoabai is the e-tron your daily driver or a secondary vehicle?

@SunnyAllen from your experience how did the Model 3, Model Y, Mach-E, ID.4, and/or Polestar 2 compare to the e-tron?

·
Registered
2020 e-tron Sportback First Edition
8 Posts
Let’s hear good stories:
700mi driven so fazer over a month or so, with zero issue, zero, none, nada. Only pure joy.
Currently getting around 260 on the GoM with mi/kwh on the 2.8-3.0 range. North Texas, which means it’s been pretty hot outside.

Love the car, the suspension, drivability, interior.
I’ve owned a 750 and a XC60 T8 and this has become my favorite car so far.
D.
Edit: 2021 Sportback Prestige Navarro Blue, photos added. View attachment 1934 View attachment 1935 View attachment 1936
Love the photos and the colour!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

So you actually drove the Polestar as well. I tried all the others minus I-Pace.
The suspension is what made me go to the e-tron. Hard to beat air suspension once you get used to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations on your new e-trons guys! Welcome to the forum!

@xiaoabai is the e-tron your daily driver or a secondary vehicle?

@SunnyAllen from your experience how did the Model 3, Model Y, Mach-E, ID.4, and/or Polestar 2 compare to the e-tron?
After reading a few forum posts, i think my experiences with the others are pretty similar.

Tesla Model 3 and Y were very interesting from a performance perspective. I just didn’t like the interior or the build quality. Wind noise, poor seals, and panels weren’t great. But for the performance (and the amazing resale value) I could have over looked those elements. the kicker for me was the lack of info on a traditional dash. Didn’t like having to look across to the center display to see my speed. I also found the 3 wasn’t great ergonomically. I was ok with a BMW3 series and other sedans but not the model 3.

The Polestar 2 seemed like a great package but I would have tired of the interior. As one reviewer said they made the interior for vegans (I’m vegetarian but still didn’t like it). for the non negotiable price I would have liked more up market finishes and materials.

The Id4 is a good package but it’s not worth considering if you’re looking for luxury or performance.

The mustang Mach E was pretty good all around. I liked the styling, the performance, promised range and more. But overall it was still a Ford (not that there’s anything wrong with that!).

Loving the E-tron’s luxury interior, performance and driving dynamics. Range could be a little better but this is meant to be our secondary car so it will work. Leased it because I can see technology changing at a pretty fast clip over the next few years. And the incentives in April were pretty sweet

·
Registered
2020 etron 50 Black Edition
57 Posts
Looks gorgeous in Navarro blue and a sportback too. Great choice. enjoy. Still loving the quiet and finding excuses to go out.. :cool: 😁

·
Registered
45 Posts
Use “Lucken“ commented on the sound levels of the e-Tron versus BMW, and that got me thinking. I have a sound meter app on my iPhone, so why not check things out.

Now I know this is not very “scien-terrific”, but this is what I found for my three vehicles. This is for your reading pleasure only, and no warrantee is made regarding the validity of the results. 😁

All data is dB(A).

The cars are a 2021 Audi e-Tron Prestige, with the standard tires and wheels, a 2020 BMW 750Li with the low-profile high-performance tires, and a 2018 Ford F-350 Limited (one-ton pickup with 4 wheel drive, 6.7L turbo diesel). Results are averages over identical routes. All routes are relatively flat, and run at a constant speed.

25 mph on a street near my house: (this is a short stretch, which could be why the results are opposite of what is expected).
Audi 62
BMW 59
Ford 58

35 mph on a local arterial
Audi 59
BMW 60
Ford 59

45 mph on a different arterial
Audi 59
BMW 61
Ford 61

80 mph on freeway
Audi - no data. I had a reading of 70, but it could have been dB(Z) instead of dB(A).
BMW 66
Ford 68

·
Registered
379 Posts
Something makes no sense here. My anecdotal experience is the Audi is the quietest car I’ve ever been in, and I’ve been in some very quiet cars. Now add to that the Car and Driver review of the e-Tron that said only a $335,000 Rolls was quieter and then only by 1db! They measured the e-Tron at a mere 62db at 70mph (see link below). That’s quite different than your measurements. Of course they use professional recording gear, so I’d expect their results to be more accurate.

I appreciate your tests, but to say an F-350 turbo diesel pickup was quieter by 4dB at 25mph (a very significant amount!) and tied with the Audi at 35mph, defies credibility and logic.

It almost sounds like the e-Tron’s windows were open or the radio was playing. 😆

·
Registered
955 Posts
The iPhone I'm sure has a very narrow frequency range it can sample. Also, I think Audi has "tuned" the acoustics to allow mid-range sounds....sirens, etc,...enter the vehicle---probably the same range the iPhone can sample.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hopefully Car and Driver used more sophisticated tools and procedures than I did!

The low speed test was short - maybe 5 blocks. It was on a slight down-grade too, so the ICE vehicles were practically idling. There are a lot of variables that can affect the noise level. At low speeds the Audi is broadcasting sound, too. If I had a longer sample the results would probably have been more like what we would expect.

In none of the tests was I accelerating. The diesel rumbles quite a bit when I put the hammer down, and the V8 in the BMW will let you know it is there too.

A lot of the sound is tire on pavement. Rubber hardness, tread pattern, and pavement texture affect the sound. If the comparisons are not at the same time on the same road the results can vary quite a bit.

Anecdotally, the Audi is the quietest of the bunch. Audi has done a fine job with it. I was almost surprised my BMW scored as close as it did, as it gets quite a clunk on rough pavement. Not a good thing when you think about the cost of that car.

I am not surprised that my truck fared reasonable well. This is not a work truck! Ford sets these upper trim level trucks up for old guys like me to use for recreation, with really nice interiors and features. On the highway it is actually smoother and quieter than my 2016 BMW X5 was. The very long wheelbase helps with that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats! It certainly is a nice car with a nice ride and options. I’m at 17k and had a drive system cooling error come up as well as a charging issue. The fault was cleared and an update installed for the charging error. Hoping nothing further but it’s an Audi and from past experience, I expect there will be other issues. As long as they resolve them, I’m fine.
i hope they don’t charge us arm and legs for the code and error issue after basic warranty expires.

·
Registered
223 Posts
After reading a few forum posts, i think my experiences with the others are pretty similar.

Tesla Model 3 and Y were very interesting from a performance perspective. I just didn’t like the interior or the build quality. Wind noise, poor seals, and panels weren’t great. But for the performance (and the amazing resale value) I could have over looked those elements. the kicker for me was the lack of info on a traditional dash. Didn’t like having to look across to the center display to see my speed. I also found the 3 wasn’t great ergonomically. I was ok with a BMW3 series and other sedans but not the model 3.

The Polestar 2 seemed like a great package but I would have tired of the interior. As one reviewer said they made the interior for vegans (I’m vegetarian but still didn’t like it). for the non negotiable price I would have liked more up market finishes and materials.

The Id4 is a good package but it’s not worth considering if you’re looking for luxury or performance.

The mustang Mach E was pretty good all around. I liked the styling, the performance, promised range and more. But overall it was still a Ford (not that there’s anything wrong with that!).

Loving the E-tron’s luxury interior, performance and driving dynamics. Range could be a little better but this is meant to be our secondary car so it will work. Leased it because I can see technology changing at a pretty fast clip over the next few years. And the incentives in April were pretty sweet
Good choice leasing since it's your second car. How long is your lease for?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts