Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Set up your driver profiles to the keys, especially if the car has another regular user. The e-Tron was my first Audi, and it took me a bit of fiddling to figure this part out, but once it's set it's so great to have your seat positions, etc. in the morning :)

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't bother with the 110volt charging option. Get a 220 at home and you will have peace of mind knowing he car is charged and ready to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Newbie here, but we had 220v outlets installed in our garage, and the Audi charger seems better than "good enough!"
We also tried the "Electrify America" charger at the local big box, and had trouble at first... Our plan was not activated.
Back to your first question, the first thing I'd be sure to do is budget time to sit with the sales person or tech adviser at the dealership. These cars have SO MANY features and settings, you have to study the manual (and ask questions) to get full value. And the value is INCREDIBLE!
Enjoy converting electrons to adventures! (Even better when you first convert photons to electrons!)
Joe

·
Registered
160 Posts
The Audi charger works great! However, if you are going to use it at 110v for awhile, be sure the charger lights up for charging at 100% (this is toggled by holding the power button for 3 seconds). When I first got mine, I did not know this and the charger started at 50%. At 110v, this is not enough current for the car to recognize it, so the car switched to "waiting for timer" mode. As a newbie, it took awhile to figure out the problem. By far the WORST thing about this car is the manual!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good advice! We also stumbled upon the 50% vs. 100% toggle, but the best move is to install a compatible 220V outlet!
The Audi charger is just fine with that!

·
Registered
160 Posts
A 220V is how what I have using the Audi charger. I admit I have not gone on any long distance trips, but 99% of my usage is local....never anywhere near 200 mi in one day. With a 220V in-garage charger there is never a range issue. I think some on-the-fence people think its like having to go to the gas station everyday. I find the fit an finish of my etron is impeccable and Aud's implementation of regen/braking/coasting is a lot of fun to drive!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Set up your driver profiles to the keys, especially if the car has another regular user. The e-Tron was my first Audi, and it took me a bit of fiddling to figure this part out, but once it's set it's so great to have your seat positions, etc. in the morning :)

Enjoy the car!
Please share with me the process to set up driver profile to the key.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Please share with me the process to set up driver profile to the key.
Go to Driver Profiles in the car's settings and load one of them. Then whatever settings you select will link that profile with the key that you have on you at that time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts