Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we’ve had our E tron 55 Quattro a couple off weeks now and are very pleased. We have a charging pod at home which does us fine, but we will need to use a public charging station one day. Are they free or do we need an account or card? Are there some which are better than others?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome @JoeyD

By charging pod do you mean a Level 2 charger or Level 1? I've been looking at Level 2 chargers to lessen my dependence on public chargers.

Also, what public chargers have you found to be the most common around you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We’ve got a 7 pin type 2, 7kw charge master. We haven’t tried any public chargers so not sure what ones there are or the setup of how it all works.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We’ve got a 7 pin type 2, 7kw charge master. We haven’t tried any public chargers so not sure what ones there are or the setup of how it all works.
I suggest using plugshare.com to figure out what public chargers are near you (or your long distance route). Then you'll want to download the apps associated with those charging networks.
It's no fun to get to the charger and have to setup an account, add your credit card, etc. so you may as well do it from the comfort of your home when you have time to research and set them up.
Not sure if its still part of the deal but when we purchased our e-tron we got 1 megawatt of Electrify America charging, which is literally all of the fast chargers in my region.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts