Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Just taken delivery of a Navarra Blue 55 Sportback really delighted with the car! I have a couple of questions tho.. it doesn't seem to have keyless entry is this the case?
Also I don't seem to be able to get headlight animations?
Apart from that it's a wonderful car!

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
I believe all trim levels have keyless entry. Mine is a Premium + and has it.

I think headlight animations are only available on the Prestige. I’m not sure if it’s an option on other trims.

Yes, it is a wonderful car. Enjoy it and good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Thanks not sure if UK model specs are different to US but I would be hugely dissapointed and very surprised that a £80k car doesnt have keyless entry. My VW polo has it as standard!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
No, I have read here from others from the UK that you only get keyless entry if you get the package that includes (I think) the premium stereo system. Not standard in the UK. You might poke around this site a bit.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
No, I have read here from others from the UK that you only get keyless entry if you get the package that includes (I think) the premium stereo system.
My jaw is right now somewhere 2 floors down and it will take time to find it. Yes, my 2010 Polo I used to own looong time ago had keyless entry and it was not top of the line by far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In that case it is very poor from Audi! unbelievable that it isn’t standard. I didn’t even check the specs before ordering as I thought something like that was standard on most cars these days.
Headlight animations not too concerned but keyless entry is a must just saves the hassle of getting the keys out of my pocket and the wife’s handbag!

·
Registered
148 Posts
What's your trim level - S-Line, Sport, etc?
Keyless entry - at least as far as the 2020 S-line is concerned - was an option; part of the convenience(?) pack - yes, the one with the B&O music. You do actually have a somewhat limited keyless entry - the charging ports can be opened and the cable released when the key's close to the car!
Manufacturers tailor the specs to the market, it seems. Clearly US citizens are so used to keyless as to be aghast when it's not there whereas they can squeeze some coins for the feature out of other markets. There may also have been some issues with insurance for the feature in Europe, at least in the early days. While that has likely been sorted out now, it remains a less 'essential' feature.
The animations come with Digital LED matrix lights. Regular matrix lights are fitted to all other e-trons and enabled on S-lines upwards from new and by FOD on others. The other side of the coin here is that the animated headlights have been slower to catch on in the US as (please correct me if I'm wrong) they have been slower to be homologated. This is a rare example of the US exhibiting more taste than us Europeans.

It is a great car nevertheless and you have picked the correct colour. That's 'colour'.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's your trim level - S-Line, Sport, etc?
Keyless entry - at least as far as the 2020 S-line is concerned - was an option part of the convenience(?) pack - yes, the one with the B&O music. You do actually have a somewhat limited keyless entry - the charging ports can be opened and the cable released when the key's close to the car!
The animations come with Digital LED matrix lights. Regular matrix lights are fitted to all other e-trons and enabled on S-lines upwards from new and by FOD on others.
Manufacturers will tailor the specs to the market. Clearly US citizens are so used to is as to be aghast when it's not there whereas they can squeeze some coins for the feature out of other markets.
It is a great car nevertheless and you have picked the correct colour. That's 'colour'.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine's the S Line so it's not even the bottom trim it definitely should be standard. Oh well I'll have to get over the disappointment but otherwise it's a great car had many admirers coming over to look at the car!

·
Registered
428 Posts
My jaw is right now somewhere 2 floors down and it will take time to find it. Yes, my 2010 Polo I used to own looong time ago had keyless entry and it was not top of the line by far.
Did your jaw reach terminal velocity? Two floors probably wouldn’t do it, but good luck finding it anyway. 😄

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
This highlights how difficult it is to shop for one of these cars. So many features packaged in so many ways along with confusing terminology. Even a lot of what you know about features from one Audi model does not necessarily translate to another model. Plus, dealing with an EV adds its own level of detail. About the only way to be sure you get every feature you want is to buy a fully loaded vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
This highlights how difficult it is to shop for one of these cars. So many features packaged in so many ways along with confusing terminology.
Indeed, that is why I like it more when you have trims and fewer options to pick from. Having hundreds of options, some mutually exclusive, is NOT helpful.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Indeed, that is why I like it more when you have trims and fewer options to pick from. Having hundreds of options, some mutually exclusive, is NOT helpful.
Totally agree. And, without experience, you're never quite sure how worthwhile some options will turn out to be when you use the car. As a counterpoint, some rail about the FOD facility and resent that you have to pay to add something that is already fitted to the car. Perhaps a more positive way to look at it is that FOD gives you the option to try a feature about to see if it's actually worth the money before committing.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
I would not mind a model in which the car comes loaded, and we enable features, but as long as there is no subscription model involved. I do not want to pay for the right to use a feature over the life of the car. I want to own it, not rent it. Such extortion models are the reason why I stay away from certain IT brands.

·
Registered
Audi e-tron Sportback 55 Launch edition
39 Posts
In that case it is very poor from Audi! unbelievable that it isn’t standard. I didn’t even check the specs before ordering as I thought something like that was standard on most cars these days.
Headlight animations not too concerned but keyless entry is a must just saves the hassle of getting the keys out of my pocket and the wife’s handbag!
Tell me about it I paid £86k for a launch edition sportback no keyless entry no rear cup holders.
5494B2B5-F4BF-4EDC-8036-88AF748777A4.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Black grill looks lovely with the blue!

Unbelievable paying 86k and no keyless entry. I personally feel embarrassed when I show people round the car and I have to delve into my pocket to get the keys and press a button!
Got so use to keyless entry this is definitely a step backwards from Audi!
Cup holders not too bothered kids are banned from food and drink in car haha!

Tell me about it I paid £86k for a launch edition sportback no keyless entry no rear cup holders.
View attachment 2265

1 - 20 of 20 Posts