Audi e-tron Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
2,417 Posts
2.3 to 2.5 mi/KWh is what I typically get in 60 F weather and above. Now that it is turning cooler, I expect my full charge will be a little less, as will my maximum mi/KWh. It will be a little hard for me to judge. I just switched off my 21" All Season" tires (which I use from March to November) for my 19" studless "Winter" tires. From what I have read, the 19" tires should give me better mileage. I'm just wondering how long studless winter tires will last on a car with such a high instant torque.

· Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
190 Posts
Should last well judging by my experience in a Discovery 3 (aka LR3). Studless winters did at least 50k miles (WINTER miles). Swapped early November. Removed end of March (UK).

· Registered
57 Posts
I've done 2200+ from new in a 50 Technik and the long term stat is 2.7 for me. Current setup is auto recuperation & individual drive select (efficiency mode, comfortable suspension & balanced steering) seems to fit demands of my daily routine. For a long motorway journey, I'd go just Efficiency mode so it drops suspension to level 1 automatically for best aero dynamics.

· Registered
57 Posts
Wowo, 2.7. We've reached a new low yesterday of 1.7 on the regular 30 mile commute.... :(
Ouch. Yes the colder times are starting to have an effect on the efficiency of heating on. I tend to have my seat on 2 or 3 and takes the chill off if wearing a jacket anyway for my 30 min drive. Also tend to start remote climate 5-10 mins before going out so cabin gets a warm up.

· Registered
57 Posts
Audi have stated that the top & bottom end buffers are there to prevent long-term battery degradation. This is also partly why the range is fairly poor compared to the competitors. I wanted to test and see just in case. Similarly, people don't need to charge to 100% daily as also not good, but people will do whatever they think is right.

· Registered
42 Posts
You are correct about the timer function. I have had the timer finish up an hour or so before the entered departure time, but your experience is way beyond that! Now, I am using the Audi-charger, so I cannot speak to other commercial chargers. From my perspective, are you sure you activated the timer before you plugged in the car? Based on my experience, when you turn off the car a screen pops up in the MMI giving you the option to start the heater or to set a timer. Any timer you have set up in MyAudi app and which you have enabled should appear. You press the desired timer and a red bar should appear at the top of the icon box to indicate that it is active. Then, when you plug the cable into the car, it should start flashing white five or six times while it negotiates with the charging box. At that point it should start to flash green RAPIDLY, indicating that the car is waiting for a timer (eventually the lights will go out). If you plugged the car in and, instead of it flashing rapidly, the green light pulses slowly, then the timer has not been set and your car has immediately started to charge.
Yup - the charging timers can be really messy, especially if you factor in the advanced "charge by location" feature where you also put in a separate charging time window that differs from the main one.

What also confused me at first was that my 7kW wall charger would click into life for a few seconds as soon as I plugged in - even if I definitely had the e-tron on timer with the red bar showing. I wasn't used to that in my old PHEV. That just waited until whatever time in the middle of the night it needed to wake up.

· Registered
2019 Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55
194 Posts
Lots of new UK owners which is great to see! I did a write up last year on my first years worth of economy/consumption data, and it won’t be long before I can complete the second year’s data. So in case some of you haven’t seen it before there’s a nice scatter graph of all the different data points and the median economy for short journeys with no pre-warming. Take a look here if you’re interested: What does a year's worth of driving data look like?

· Registered
3 Posts
New to etron. Took delivery of etron 55 sport back - terrible initial experience setting up car cia Audi app, and wrong charging card shipped with car so couldn’t charge car via Audi service network , noted getting only 1 mi/kWh in zero to -3 degree C weather. Is that to be expected when new ???

· Registered
2019 Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55
194 Posts
New to etron. Took delivery of etron 55 sport back - terrible initial experience setting up car cia Audi app, and wrong charging card shipped with car so couldn’t charge car via Audi service network , noted getting only 1 mi/kWh in zero to -3 degree C weather. Is that to be expected when new ???
If you're referring to your economy per mile instead of charging rate (which I originally misread) this could be due mainly to using the car from cold - without pre-conditioning - by first plugging it in to a home charger and then starting cabin comfort conditioning in order to warm the car before your journey.

· Registered
Blue Etron 2019
198 Posts
Short trips and cold weather means really low energy efficiency.

Longer trips should be much better. And Summer is coming!

· Registered
3 Posts
Bit worrying gearing up to do 140 mile trip this weekend …. Would have thought it would manage that with 100% charge even in cold weather but if continues 1 mi/kWh then we are doomed … maybe during run in period it’s artificially low ??

· Registered
119 Posts
Bit worrying gearing up to do 140 mile trip this weekend …. Would have thought it would manage that with 100% charge even in cold weather but if continues 1 mi/kWh then we are doomed … maybe during run in period it’s artificially low ??
Shouldn’t be an issue at those temps. The issue is that right now your efficiency is bad because you’re not taking long trips. On a longer trip you should be getting 2+ mi/kWh, even if it’s cold. Before you leave (if you change at home) pre-heat the cabin, charge to 100% and you’ll be fine.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts