Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just pickup a slightly used e-train the other day.
what should I know? I can’t get the app to work because of the 10 digit code. Does anyone know how much that runs roughly? Where can I get a key fob? Cost if anyone has any idea? Lastly, cargo cover? Best place to buy accessories and cool things for my e-tron.
I thought that all E-Trons had heated steering well and two charging port. Specially the Prestige.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,247 Posts
I can’t get the app to work because of the 10 digit code. Does anyone know how much that runs roughly?
~450$ via dealership. if you did not get the code with the car, you need a new one
Where can I get a key fob?
By law, you are supposed to have 2. If the dealer did not provide you two, well, that is on them but given the chipset shortage, it will be a wait
Lastly, cargo cover?
As in OEM AUDI E-TRON 2019 CARGO COVER 4KE-061-167-94H ? eBay has these from time to time ... otherwise, dealers should be able to order it for you.
I thought that all E-Trons had heated steering well and two charging port. Specially the Prestige.
Nope, that is year model dependent.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,247 Posts
Probably I misspoke ... it seems to be an unwritten "law" for certain Audi dealerships. I apologize. I would still be concerned and have the "missing" key removed from the car and a new one coded instead.

New cars typically come with two remote control keys. But, many consumers are surprised when they are given a single key after purchasing used cars from a dealership, and they are understandably upset when they learn that it will cost $300-$400 to purchase another key.
There are many reasons why a car dealer may give a consumer only one key when selling used cars. It might be that a prior owner did not return all of the keys when selling or trading-in the car. Or, it might be that the vehicle was repossessed, and the recovery agency purchased only one new key in order to save money. Or, perhaps the extra key was simply lost.
Sometimes, there are more sinister reasons. Some subprime finance companies or buy-here, pay-here dealers may want to keep a key in order to make it easier to repossess the car in case payments are not made.
The best way to ensure that you will get two keys when buying a used car is to ask the dealer how many keys will be included in the sale. Be sure to ask if the keys are “remote keys”. It is important that you make the dealership to include the number of keys on the purchase order before you sign anything or before you pay a deposit. Remember, oral promises are hard to prove, so get it in writing!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Probably I misspoke ... it seems to be an unwritten "law" for certain Audi dealerships. I apologize. I would still be concerned and have the "missing" key removed from the car and a new one coded instead.

New cars typically come with two remote control keys. But, many consumers are surprised when they are given a single key after purchasing used cars from a dealership, and they are understandably upset when they learn that it will cost $300-$400 to purchase another key.
There are many reasons why a car dealer may give a consumer only one key when selling used cars. It might be that a prior owner did not return all of the keys when selling or trading-in the car. Or, it might be that the vehicle was repossessed, and the recovery agency purchased only one new key in order to save money. Or, perhaps the extra key was simply lost.
Sometimes, there are more sinister reasons. Some subprime finance companies or buy-here, pay-here dealers may want to keep a key in order to make it easier to repossess the car in case payments are not made.
The best way to ensure that you will get two keys when buying a used car is to ask the dealer how many keys will be included in the sale. Be sure to ask if the keys are “remote keys”. It is important that you make the dealership to include the number of keys on the purchase order before you sign anything or before you pay a deposit. Remember, oral promises are hard to prove, so get it in writing!
Oh yea, I’d want to make sure there wasn’t a key to my car floating out there (and would work a replacement key into the deal).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone. I end up buying a new Key from Audi. I got the price online printed and asked them to order. They matched the online price because the dealer was charging over $200 from the $385. Also, end up buy the privacy cover from them .. I really love the design of the cover. Amazing!!. I got the 10 digit vehicle code for $79 plus tax. Lastly the vehicle did come with some EA credits. 1000 min or something.. Only 90% used. Quite happy now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts