Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Etron 50 sport, Mythos Black
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, I’ve just taken Delivery of a new Etron 50 today - really pleased with it, apart from I’m unable to charge from my Pod-Point.

After a very short period of time the Pod-Point red fault light illuminates and the car stops charging.

There was a thread about a month ago with the same issues did anyone get a resolution to the problem?

Many thanks in advanced - nervous EV owner!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi

There was this thread here: Charging Schedule
I participated in this thread and my problems have been fixed. The Original Poster is still to have his e-tron looked at, I believe.
The symptoms aren't the same as yours, though.

Can you still charge via your 3-pin plug and power supply? You may have to rely on this in the short-term.
Can you charge at other 7kW (i.e. ac) supplies. If not, it's likely the fault's with the car.
You could try contacting Pod Point directly. They may be able to diagnose the charger remotely. It may be helpful for you to have the charger's PSL number handy. It's on a sticker underneath the charger or maybe in the account section of your app.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your reply, I have been able to charge at the Pod-Point at Tesco and also used the 3pin plug overnight which has worked without issue. I’m not too concerned with the scheduled charge times at the moment as my electrical tariff is the same at all times, I’m going to speak with Pod-Point today and hopefully she’d some light on the issue.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Very pleased to hear that!

I'd be interested to know if you can do a timed charge too. I.e. like the ones that I and others couldn't do in the above thread.
But beware - my e-tron did break when I tried this after a Pod Point update. It would still charge and it was fixed but if you aren't on a variable tariff and don't want to risk it, I'd understand if you were reluctant ..;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi Ciaran85, just wondering if you have a live build date? Asking because I couldn't help noticing that you originally posted February, then March now April for delivery. The factory appears to be operating ok but maybe your build date has moved for other reasons.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Ciaran85, just wondering if you have a live build date? Asking because I couldn't help noticing that you originally posted February, then March now April for delivery. The factory appears to be operating ok but maybe your build date has moved for other reasons.
I don't have a live build date yet but last update was Mar/Apr time. I'm saying April because don't want to get my hopes up and have it for March. I

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great result. Be great to hear how you are getting on with the 50. I'm due to receive mine in April (hopefully :))
The car is great, absolutely love it - I’m still getting used to being a new EV owner, on a full charge my range is showing as 160miles, on the 2nd day I had the vehicle I did 220mile with a stop on a 50kw charger, everything went to plan - I am still a little apprehensive about what I would do if my planned charge point doesn’t work though.

I had mine on order from mid June, originally I was given a September delivery however that got moved back to mid December.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The car is great, absolutely love it - I’m still getting used to being a new EV owner, on a full charge my range is showing as 160miles, on the 2nd day I had the vehicle I did 220mile with a stop on a 50kw charger, everything went to plan - I am still a little apprehensive about what I would do if my planned charge point doesn’t work though.

I had mine on order from mid June, originally I was given a September delivery however that got moved back to mid December.
That’s great you got 220 miles on one trip. Be interested to know how you drove and set up etc.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 MY2020
6 Posts

Hi that’s very impressive if it was on a single charge, or did you mean a short top up on the way?
Had mine (50 S-line) two weeks now and, although I haven’t done any long journeys, my range would be about 140miles maximum I reckon.
I ordered mine in March, a mid-June order is pretty good for a December delivery!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi that’s very impressive if it was on a single charge, or did you mean a short top up on the way?
Had mine (50 S-line) two weeks now and, although I haven’t done any long journeys, my range would be about 140miles maximum I reckon.
I ordered mine in March, a mid-June order is pretty good for a December delivery!
I wish - strategic stop at an instavolt whilst I grabbed a bit to eat. My wife has been driving the last couple of days and the range has reduced on a full charge to 148miles..... although we have had words about having the A/C wound up to high and the heated seat on full all the time 🤔

The Delivery drive said that he was starting to drop a lot more Etrons off recently and quite a few people had been waiting since Feb.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 MY2020
6 Posts
I wish - strategic stop at an instavolt whilst I grabbed a bit to eat. My wife has been driving the last couple of days and the range has reduced on a full charge to 148miles..... although we have had words about having the A/C wound up to high and the heated seat on full all the time 🤔

The Delivery drive said that he was starting to drop a lot more Etrons off recently and quite a few people had been waiting since Feb.
That’s really helpful to know thanks. And of course you’d need the seats on maximum in this weather, nothing worse than driving with a cold bottom...

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was originally told January - having ordered at end of September, however I have now been told March / April but still dont have a confirmed build week yet.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi Bhuna50, for information I ordered mid-October and have been allocated a (provisory) build date of week 05.
Thanks. I’ve been advised provisional week 4 then week 12 and then 11 all throughout December. Lol.
When was the last time you asked? I’m going to ask again next week as thought not a lot will have happened over Christmas period.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Crikey, that is a wild variation! My last update was just over a week ago, it will be interesting to hear what Audi says to you next week.

Maybe we should start a separate thread just to see what manufacturing timescales are being quoted to people and how they vary.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Crikey, that is a wild variation! My last update was just over a week ago, it will be interesting to hear what Audi says to you next week.

Maybe we should start a separate thread just to see what manufacturing timescales are being quoted to people and how they vary.
I decided to get in touch today and found out that my build week is still provisional but has now moved forward to February 22nd and was told to ask again next week LOL.

Quite annoying really - you ordered a week or two after mine, and your date is a couple of weeks before mine LOL.

What trim did you go for?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree that it does seem strange that they are not just built in the order that the factory order was placed by the dealer. Having said that, I have no idea how they group them. Maybe batches of body-style (SUV/Sportback - my order is for the SUV) or even colour get grouped together.

I will contact Audi in about another week to see if mine has moved at all, apart from anything else it is interesting to follow progress.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I agree that it does seem strange that they are not just built in the order that the factory order was placed by the dealer. Having said that, I have no idea how they group them. Maybe batches of body-style (SUV/Sportback - my order is for the SUV) or even colour get grouped together.

I will contact Audi in about another week to see if mine has moved at all, apart from anything else it is interesting to follow progress.
Im just impatient LOL - annoying though as Im sure the dealer knew the true timescales yet still assured me it would be mid January. Fortunately though Volvo financial Services have allowed me to informally extend the V90CC I have and I only need to give them 28 days notice to return it otherwise I would now be without a car for about 3 months LOL.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts