Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I'm currently looking to lease a 2021 E-Tron SUV for my wife this weekend. I am located in Salt Lake City which only has two dealerships in Utah basically. The breakdown is below.

MSRP: 72,525
Manufacturer Saving: $(11,250)
Lease: 36 Months Due at Signing $7,253 assuming for 10K miles per year.
Trade in Value: $13,900

What do I need to know before walk into the dealership?
-How do I negotiate to lower the MSRP?
-How do I negotiate on lower payment down,

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Does that Manufacturer Savings include the $7500 Fed tax credit? If you lease you are not the owner, so you are not eligible for the Credit, so Audi should discount that for you up front (basically passing on that savings to you).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does that Manufacturer Savings include the $7500 Fed tax credit? If you lease you are not the owner, so you are not eligible for the Credit, so Audi should discount that for you up front (basically passing on that savings to you).
The $7500 Fed tax credit is already included in the Manufacturer saving. The other $3750 is for Customer credit which total up to $11,250.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's actually not bad for starters. If you don't think you'll drive that much you can lease for 7500 miles per year. There are some shortages of 2021 e-trons, particularly the nicer colors.
They'll offer (or should) to put the large down payment into your monthly lease payment, which you may want to do if using the car for business and need a tax deduction.
There is a federal tax credit available for the home charger you may want to get.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's actually not bad for starters. If you don't think you'll drive that much you can lease for 7500 miles per year. There are some shortages of 2021 e-trons, particularly the nicer colors.
They'll offer (or should) to put the large down payment into your monthly lease payment, which you may want to do if using the car for business and need a tax deduction.
There is a federal tax credit available for the home charger you may want to get.
Thanks for the info. I will look into federal tax credit for home charger.

·
Registered
132 Posts
To answer these more directly...

Don't walk into the dealer unless you're there to take delivery of the vehicle on a deal you've already agreed to. There is no reason for you to negotiate this in person.

MSRP is a fixed value. You can't change it. You can, however, negotiate a dealer discount so that you have a lower selling price.

There's no need to "negotiate" a lower payment down. You tell them how much you want to pay out of pocket up front and the monthly payment will be adjusted accordingly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To answer these more directly...

Don't walk into the dealer unless you're there to take delivery of the vehicle on a deal you've already agreed to. There is no reason for you to negotiate this in person.

MSRP is a fixed value. You can't change it. You can, however, negotiate a dealer discount so that you have a lower selling price.

There's no need to "negotiate" a lower payment down. You tell them how much you want to pay out of pocket up front and the monthly payment will be adjusted accordingly.
Thanks for the response above. From what I was reading ppl usually get around 10-12% lower from Msrp but that is back in March and April. I know I’m late to the game but I’m hoping to get around 6-7% discount from dealer. Is that reasonable offer? Thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for the response above. From what I was reading ppl usually get around 10-12% lower from Msrp but that is back in March and April. I know I’m late to the game but I’m hoping to get around 6-7% discount from dealer. Is that reasonable offer? Thanks for your inputs.
In March, an aggressive deal was 9-11%. That dialed back a bit in April.

I know of a few lease brokers with p+ and prestige e-trons available at 9% off right now, but premium inventory is more limited. If it were me, I'd be pricing out what it would cost to ship one of those vs a premium locally at 6-7% and certainly wouldn't consider going any lower than that on the discount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It looks like a full MSRP deal with no dealer discount at all. That's pretty bad.

Perhaps bad a couple months ago, but right now there is a shortage. When buying or selling, timing is everything.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Perhaps bad a couple months ago, but right now there is a shortage. When buying or selling, timing is everything.
Nah, still bad. You're not going to do 11% off pre-incentive right now, but there are still vehicles available for thousands off MSRP. I PM'd the OP info that included broker listings for p+ and prestiges at 9% off. Yah, some of that will get eaten up with shipping costs and such, but still would be in the 7% range after all is said and done. The shortage has certainly had an effect but there's still no reason to go anywhere near full msrp here.

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron Premium Plus
14 Posts
I highly recommend you head over to leasehackr.com and spend a while reading and learning
Agreed. I used Leasehackr.com before I got my lease, and it was an incredible resource. I highly recommend you check it out. You can find Brokers who have pre-negotiated deals (especially on West Coast) as well as feedback from other members who share their negotiated deals. I got my e-Tron in March and managed a 10% pre-incentive discount with a local dealer in Georgia, which is not known for that level of discount. I emailed multiple dealers in Georgia & surrounding states and told them what I wanted and what I was willing to pay on delivery. I then pitted them against each other on a deal.

I also recommend you check out Edmunds.com. In the Car Forums section under New Car Pricing, you can search by the Year, Make & Model of vehicle to find out: Lease Money Factors, Residual Values, and Incentives Available. They will ask for your Zip Code and the specific model you're looking to buy/lease & then provide you a wealth of info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the advice. I am currently looking into leasehackr.com and find useful info from that as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just an update. Talked to one of the salesman yesterday on the phone and I told him what I wanted and he came back in 10 mins and told me he will give me $500 off on MSRP. Lol I told him we are far from what my numbers are then he said I will check with my manager. But I doubt it that he will come back with anything close to my number which is 10% from MSRP $72,550. Do you think because I negotiated over the phone showing that I’m not serious enough?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
10% pre-incentive is probably too aggressive in the current market, but no, going in just puts you in a weaker position.
I was hoping to work my way up to the middle, if he comes back with another discount. I’ll work on another dealer today and see what happens. Thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron Premium Plus
14 Posts
I agree with @Mllcb42 - unfortunately 10% pre-incentive in the current market is probably too aggressive. I was lucky to get my deal while the dealership had 50+ e-Trons in their system. But what's the worst that can happen? The salesperson says no. I'm a proponent of reaching out to multiple dealers via email at the same time. Someone will respond with a little more aggressive pricing, and you can either focus on that dealer or use the offer as leverage with others.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was hoping to work my way up to the middle, if he comes back with another discount. I’ll work on another dealer today and see what happens. Thanks for your inputs.
The issue with a big overreach is it often ends with the dealer thinking you're not realistic and putting you're offer in the trash rather than countering.

I'm a big fan of setting a well researched target price and telling the dealer "this is my offer. If you accept, I'll be there in an hour to take delivery."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All, I'm currently looking to lease a 2021 E-Tron SUV for my wife this weekend. I am located in Salt Lake City which only has two dealerships in Utah basically. The breakdown is below.

MSRP: 72,525
Manufacturer Saving: $(11,250)
Lease: 36 Months Due at Signing $7,253 assuming for 10K miles per year.
Trade in Value: $13,900

Thanks in advance!
Have you considered a CPO e-tron? I bought one with 5K miles on it and got a better warranty than what comes with a new car. No federal tax credits for leases or CPO sales (credit goes to first owner) but I saved thousands more than the credit. Very pleased with my Prestige e-tron.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts