Audi e-tron Forum banner

No heat from parked position

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  polyphonic 
#1 ·
Currently I am in the car, parked. Heat set to 80F. I am getting cold air from the vents.

A/C on normal, auto mode, sitting for 15 minutes like this

any thoughts?

#6 ·
If the car is turned off, the only way to heat it is through the Aux AC activated via MyAudi or on the Shutdown Screen that pops up on the MMI. If you have had the car plugged in and on a timer for both charging and preconditioning, I don't know what would happen if you try to use Aux A/C.

However, I have noticed when using the timer, when I get into the car the cabin does not feel particularly heated, although is comes up to temp really quickly once I start. I am a little puzzled by the fact that, when I use a timer, it generally completes charging a good HOUR before the set departure time. Does the 30 minutes of cabin preconditioning start once the charging stops, or does it start at the input departure time?

#8 ·
If the car is turned off, the only way to heat it is through the Aux AC activated via MyAudi or on the Shutdown Screen that pops up on the MMI. If you have had the car plugged in and on a timer for both charging and preconditioning, I don't know what would happen if you try to use Aux A/C.
Hmm, I tried the Aux heater via the "..." in the climate menu, bottom screen. No timer, but it was charging..

However, I have noticed when using the timer, when I get into the car the cabin does not feel particularly heated, although is comes up to temp really quickly once I start. I am a little puzzled by the fact that, when I use a timer, it generally completes charging a good HOUR before the set departure time. Does the 30 minutes of cabin preconditioning start once the charging stops, or does it start at the input departure time?
Can confirm mine does this too. I wonder if it's a failsafe to make sure there is adequate charge, though it perhaps defeats the purpose of warming the battery?

#9 ·
But I can't see why a maintenance operation doesn't lower until 35 kph and I can't interpret the 'selection lock' and 'hysteresis of selection lock' phrases.
For example, in 'efficiency' the car waits until it's at 80 kph for 30s before it lowers and stays low until it's been at 35 kph for 12s before raising again and this is how I understand hysteresis. (Always assuming I'm interpreting this figure correctly).
And this figure isn't in my UK manual.
Hmm, I tried the Aux heater via the "..." in the climate menu, bottom screen. No timer, but it was charging..

Can confirm mine does this too. I wonder if it's a failsafe to make sure there is adequate charge, though it perhaps defeats the purpose of warming the battery?
I doubt it to be a failsafe. When you have it set up for charging/preconditioning using the MyAudi app timer, the preconditioning is supposed to occur by drawing current from the wall and not affect the SOC. It assumes the car is plugged in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.