Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Received my e tron s line sportback today. It was meant to have a wireless phone charger but it doesn’t. Rang the dealer and they said they stopped fitting them due semi conductor issue. Nobody told me, no resolution or apology. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all,
Received my e tron s line sportback today. It was meant to have a wireless phone charger but it doesn’t. Rang the dealer and they said they stopped fitting them due semi conductor issue. Nobody told me, no resolution or apology. Has anyone else had this issue?
I know on other Audi models they were offering a small credit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is a window sticker from a US MY2022 e-tron 55 SUV (not mine) that was delivered in October or November without the phone charger or direct TPMS (I believe that direct TPMS was supposed to be outfitted starting in MY2022). The direct TPMS credit was $100 and the phone box credit was $250. Maybe UK vehicles have similar credits for missing hardware.

The direct TPMS credit of $100 in the US is a joke. I priced a set of four dTPMS sensors and four matching metal valve stems at my dealer for a second set of winter wheels and the dTPMS hardware is approximately $1,000. My vehicle hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know which version of TPMS it will have. The direct TPMS system can be identified by its metal valve stems. The indirect system uses rubber valve stems.

Font Material property Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think it’s very unfair they only reduced it by that amount. If/when it becomes available again they will be charging 4 times that to have it added back in. However at least they have reduced it by something, here in the UK they didn’t even notify me nor have they reduced the price even after I notified them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Though it is quite disappointing, and unfortunate your eTron came without Wireless Charging… do count yourself still fortunate. I have read many automotive articles that had fared worst.

Take the example of BMW which had to forego with a Touchscreen due to the global microchip shortage. (Article link below). VW, the parent company of Audi, has likewise been significantly affected by the chip issue, and your eTron had evident changes / subtractions.

The timing of getting a brand new car currently faces risk of above MSRP rates, and likely missing components on infotainment & adjuvant electronics. Manufacturers had to decide what gets attritioned for the line-up.

I’m sorry for the loss of your wireless charger. It is a convenience that is nice to have. Though, the silver lining is that because you have to plug-in your phone to a USB, your CarPlay features would be more reliable, and sound quality of your music will have less fidelity loss.

·
Registered
159 Posts
And, as a bonus, your phone will be fully charged when you arrive.
when I use Google maps on my phone for long trips I either have to plug it in or arrive with a very low phone charge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Though it is quite disappointing, and unfortunate your eTron came without Wireless Charging… do count yourself still fortunate. I have read many automotive articles that had fared worst.

Take the example of BMW which had to forego with a Touchscreen due to the global microchip shortage. (Article link below). VW, the parent company of Audi, has likewise been significantly affected by the chip issue, and your eTron had evident changes / subtractions.

The timing of getting a brand new car currently faces risk of above MSRP rates, and likely missing components on infotainment & adjuvant electronics. Manufacturers had to decide what gets attritioned for the line-up.

I’m sorry for the loss of your wireless charger. It is a convenience that is nice to have. Though, the silver lining is that because you have to plug-in your phone to a USB, your CarPlay features would be more reliable, and sound quality of your music will have less fidelity loss.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. However I think the point is being missed. Audi dealer here in the UK never told me about the change nor did they compensate (like in the usa
or like the link you sent regarding bmw). I understand the advantages of using usb but that is missing the point. Audi have delivered a car, changed the spec without notifying of an upcoming change and not compensated like you have in the usa. The lack of semi conductors is well known, by them changing spec they are able to keep up with production numbers however by not compensating or telling the customer of leaving tech out is pretty ridiculous

·
Registered
238 Posts
Audi have delivered a car, changed the spec without notifying of an upcoming change and not compensated.......
I've not read Audi's terms of business but I bet it says something along the lines of "Audi...continuing product improvement....specifications liable to change....blah blah blah".

You are just a paying customer I'm afraid. As with the rest of us, we are of no great importance.

:(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've not read Audi's terms of business but I bet it says something along the lines of "Audi...continuing product improvement....specifications liable to change....blah blah blah".

You are just a paying customer I'm afraid. As with the rest of us, we are of no great importance.

:(
Unfortunately I think you are 100% correct

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the wireless charger. However, I did only get one key fob.
Did they give you a second physical key insert (see below) to be used with a new fob when available, and did they give you an IOU for a second fob?

Did you notice if you have direct TPMS (metal valve stems) or indirect TPMS (rubber valve stems)?

Hand tool Font Bicycle part Revolver Tool

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
Ordered my Q4 last week, dealer said that the wireless charging is not available but they’ll give you £100 as a goodwill gesture.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After a couple of emails someone has also offered me £100 as a goodwill gesture. The dealership you have purchased from seem better than mine as they told you beforehand. Mine are still adamant they didn’t have to tell me as the spec changed a few days before purchased. Regardless of the salesman and literature saying otherwise the weekend before when I went to test drive etc

·
Registered
42 Posts
Some dealers are complete cowboys. I'd always suggest complaining direct to Audi UK, and if you've financed your car with them (not a company car or lease) complain directly to VWFS/Audi Finance - as they're FCA regulated the processes are much more defined and the outcomes will be better for the most part.

To answer another question, I'm pretty sure we don't get direct TPMS in the UK - just the ABS related sensors which detect a decrease in pressure (without providing a specific reading).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts