Audi e-tron Forum banner
121 - 140 of 171 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
I've decided to stay with Agile for now as I've now got some home automation working (thanks for the tip @lozzd ). I managed to successfully charge the car to 80% (approx. 22kWh) and charge a 5kWh battery at a total cost of -£0.15 all without having to do anything
Gah... you're making me want to move again... I see it was negative again this morning.

· Registered
240 Posts
Ooh. Thats interesting. Yes, proactive management of charge times will definitely play a big part in moving the needle.
Will need to look at it a bit more for me then,- we have normal family usage during peak hours and I can’t shift that, that much, and we’re already doing o/night charging. Might be worth it though if that is the usual trend of pricing, especially as my peak rate is c40p at the moment

· Registered
E-tron GT 2023
9 Posts
Well something remarkable has happened. Just tried again to get onto intelligent octopus and it has finally worked! Went through all the processes and sailed through them with no hiccups. Just worried now in case it doesn’t charge tonight but I’ll have to give it the benefit of the doubt! Clearly there was nothing wrong with any settings

· Registered
2020 etron 55 quattro
51 Posts
Well something remarkable has happened. Just tried again to get onto intelligent octopus and it has finally worked! Went through all the processes and sailed through them with no hiccups. Just worried now in case it doesn’t charge tonight but I’ll have to give it the benefit of the doubt! Clearly there was nothing wrong with any settings
Glad you got it working.

· Registered
2020 etron 55 quattro
51 Posts
Ooh. Thats interesting. Yes, proactive management of charge times will definitely play a big part in moving the needle.
Will need to look at it a bit more for me then,- we have normal family usage during peak hours and I can’t shift that, that much, and we’re already doing o/night charging. Might be worth it though if that is the usual trend of pricing, especially as my peak rate is c40p at the moment
Reviewing the daily chart of my usage above, I think there's even more of a gap between Agile and Go (or Intelligent) if you're switching now. The chart and rates are showing an old Go tariff of 5p overnight and 15p during the day whereas the Agile rates, by their nature, will be accurate. The best I can sign up to at the moment is 12p and 41.6p on Go and 10p and 41.6p on Intelligent. This means that, with proactive management, the Agile tariff is, comparatively, much cheaper. I suspect the standard tariff shown is also out of date if switching now.

This is my chart from yesterday which shows the switching on/off of car and battery charging overnight based on unit cost using Home Assistant.
Rectangle Slope Purple Plot Font

· Registered
63 Posts
The biggest bummer is the 30 day switching between tariffs. I'm going to have to wait until spring/summer when I have enough surplus PV to charge the car otherwise I'm charging at 34p for 30 days while I wait to move!
Otherwise I'd probably move now...

· Registered
4 Posts
Octopus intelligent test with Q4 2023 working again. I just tried it after 3 weeks off failed attempts and it finally worked today. I didn't do anything different, plugged it in, set the octopus app to start the test and after 6 minutes it stopped the charge and has set the schedule to charge fully tonight.

If you have had some failed tests might be worth another go. Good luck.

· Registered
E-tron GT 2023
9 Posts
Well,
Octopus intelligent test with Q4 2023 working again. I just tried it after 3 weeks off failed attempts and it finally worked today. I didn't do anything different, plugged it in, set the octopus app to start the test and after 6 minutes it stopped the charge and has set the schedule to charge fully tonight.

If you have had some failed tests might be worth another go. Good luck.
well like you I finally succeeded. However the vehicle failed to charge at the scheduled night times. Fortunately I woke up at 2.00 am and managed to do a bump charge whilst still in the 10p rate. I’ll try again tonight to see whether the charging works but I’ve kind of lost faith after the first charge failed. Let me know if yours charges successfully

· Registered
217 Posts
Well,

well like you I finally succeeded. However the vehicle failed to charge at the scheduled night times. Fortunately I woke up at 2.00 am and managed to do a bump charge whilst still in the 10p rate. I’ll try again tonight to see whether the charging works but I’ve kind of lost faith after the first charge failed. Let me know if yours charges successfully
I charged successfully last night. Five or six different time period spread from 2:00 to 7:30.
Are you sure you don’t have any other scheduling setup in the car or your charge point?

· Registered
E-tron GT 2023
9 Posts
Well it does appear to be working now - kind of. I’ve charged successfully for three nights although it only achieved the target 80% once. The other 2 got to 77% which is acceptable but not perfect. Unsure why this should be but hopefully it’s being ironed out.

· Registered
240 Posts
Are you finding that when you plug in, the car charges for quite a while? Mine does, the other day it was going for at least ten minutes, at peak, before I stopped it. The car shows that it’s drawing the 6.6kwh, but only putting 1mph into the ‘tank’….

last night I put the car scheduler on to finish charging by 05.30,(end of cheap tariff), and therefore it didn’t start charging when plugged in. Octopus schedule had it starting early yesterday for me at 21:30. Which it did. 👍.

the tariff is great, but not sure I’ve got all the niggles out of it yet

· Registered
E-tron GT 2023
9 Posts
Yes, it seems to take a few minutes after plugging in for Octopus to take control and stop the charging. Probably like you, I find it a little scary as you’re not quite sure Octopus will kick in and you’ll be charging at the 41p rate! I don’t really think it’s stable or reliable yet and it requires constant monitoring to ensure that it charges when it’s supposed too.

121 - 140 of 171 Posts