Audi e-tron Forum banner
161 - 171 of 171 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Am curious how you’re finding Agile pricing this week, given the cold snap, and the gov reduction scheme in play. Are daily wholesale prices high? All day?
Well, if I was extremely EV heavy and using gas for heating I think I'd be kicking myself. I moved to Agile on the 13th out of FOMO from all the insanely cheap night rates (including negative) right before this cold snap started. And then the cold snap started and it's been, at lowest, about 27p overnight. D'oh!

Luckily, over the past 11 days we've put about 20kWh total in the car only, we really only drive locally (hence having the 35 model) and a bit of surplus solar too.

On the other hand, we use a heat pump for all our heating, so that's 24x7 usage and despite the fantastic sunshine (about 10kWh a day generated for a good 5 days there) there's a tonne of daytime usage... Agile has, except for a couple of 40p spikes, mostly been 34p during the day instead of 43p on Intelligent

Still, the numbers speak for themselves - this is my usage since I switched to Agile (usage is in kWh, tariffs are £)
Code:
❯ ./process.py
Used 337.23100000000017 total
{'go': 123.3861588, 'intelligent': 117.3132815, 'agile': 108.33243458309995}
So I've saved a whole £9 being on Agile. We'll see what happens over the coming weeks as the cold ends though.

There's another HA integration that works for Intelligent. It's at GitHub - megakid/ha_octopus_intelligent and works really well as a switch for slot on/off
Ohhhh... that's very cool. Presumably using a slightly different API that's actually pulling in the customised rates for your account. Very nice. The ability to control the bump is useful too since you'll need to bump to allow the car to charge to use Eco+ I believe?

· Registered
2020 etron 55 quattro
51 Posts
The ability to control the bump is useful too since you'll need to bump to allow the car to charge to use Eco+ I believe?
Not sure that's correct. Because I set the Zappi back to Eco+ when a charging slot ends it should pick up any excess solar during the day. If we get any sun I'll let you know :ROFLMAO:.

How did you get your costings?
Code:
❯ ./process.py
Used 337.23100000000017 total
{'go': 123.3861588, 'intelligent': 117.3132815, 'agile': 108.33243458309995}
I switched to Intelligent on 18/01 so think I'll be quids in.
Slope Font Parallel Pattern Electric blue

· Registered
63 Posts
Not sure that's correct. Because I set the Zappi back to Eco+ when a charging slot ends it should pick up any excess solar during the day. If we get any sun I'll let you know :ROFLMAO:.
Right, but if the sun came out IO would see the charging start and halt it as it would be "peak time" charging (not knowing it's coming from PV)

Script takes your consumption downloadable from your Octopus account, with static prices for the relevant times for IO/Go and rates downloaded from Download Historical Pricing Data - Energy Stats UK for Agile.

· Registered
47 Posts
Just switched to Octopus today, now that all the previously free-to-use 'Chargeplace Scotland' chargers in our area (Stirling) have tariffs and very strict time limits as of this morning.

Looks like it will be at least a few weeks before we can move to the Intelligent Tariff given we also need a smart meter installed.

I have to say, it's felt like a bad time to switch to an EV between lack of infrastructure and high electricity prices. Fingers crossed electricity prices drop later this year.

· Registered
150 Posts
I was on Intelligent for 48hrs before jumping over to Octopus Go.... bottled it.

• Podpoint handles the charge schedule
  • No need to monitor the vehicle
  • Audi Digitals inevitable failure has no impact
  • I can whack my tumble dryer & dishwasher on a delay timer

· Registered
150 Posts
Intelligent

Really didnt like the idea of Audi Digitals involvement in the process at all and there was problems with Audis at the time on the scheme.

They couldnt confirm if the plan would still work without the functionality of the vehicle so didnt take the risk.

Will happily jump back over if theyve ironed that scenario out or updated their terms to include dumb charging.

It was 2hrs longer & 2p cheaper, so worth getting if it works.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts