Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 weeks after taking delivery of my Etron 50 I have real misgivings.
Many tech glitches such as couldn't store home address in satnav (now fixed), satnav doesn't include all available chargers- on journey down M5 from Bristol it suggested I divert 25 miles to charger on A303 rather than Ecotricity chargers on motorway service stations? No one at Audi can advise why this is and todate no response after 2 weeks. satnav doesn't allow for return journey to be planned - pretty basic requirement esp. with an EV.
Despite calls to two dealers and visit to one of the them and multiple calls to Audi central could not get charge to come on at off peak. Although set-up correctly as soon as car locked it started to charge!!
They eventually said software issue but why not make that known to dealers etc to save customer hassle.
Bigger problem on pressing start at weekend 6 amber warning messages appeared tyre pressure fault, loose wheel warning , fourwheel drive fault, suspension fault, stabilisation control fault, lane assist not available. Ive had it collected for repair.
For such an expensive car and after only 800 miles and now having read of other issues of members I'm worried about how unreliable this vehicle willl be.
Anyone had similar issues ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your issues.

I have indeed noticed the satnav's lack of charging points in its database. I thought it only showed those which are included in the Audi charging scheme (i.e. those chargers that will accept the etron card) but even some charging points that are on the scheme are missing . I haven't explored this too much as I haven't done any long range journeys yet but I have noticed it in day to day use.

Otherwise no, I haven't encountered the issues you mentioned. Remember forums always attract people with issues, seeking answers. It looks like you've been unlucky and hit a couple of faults, hopefully once fixed, you'll have a fault free ownership ahead.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

First, sorry you're having so many issues. Personally, I'm willing to deal with minimal issues if they can be fixed. Naturally, it's when support is lacking for your local dealer that things can go downhill fast. I'd start by making sure your dealer has a certified EV technician and proper equipment to fully support the vehicle. If not, find one that does.

As far as this being a problem vehicle? I'd have to disagree. I've had countless vehicles and have been on forums since you had use a dial-up modem to access them (e.g., BBS). One thing that has always remained consistent over the decades is that you need to learn to filter out the "forum effect."

In that people are more likely to go to a forum to complain about something than to say "everything is great." With that said, if you see a specific trend, such as the taillight issue, yeah, that's a "problem." Easily fixed, but not something people like to read. Otherwise, try to keep the negatives in context to how many vehicles have been sold in the first place and who is posting said negatives (especially when they repost). As you'll often note that the "issues" are far less prevalent than they may appear at first glance.

When in reality, it's nothing more than expected early-build issues, and further proof that nothing is perfect.

In either case, it sounds like you're on the right track. If they can't fix it or problems persist and they are certified for the E-Tron, escalate with the dealer management team. And open an official case with Audi customer service to that effect.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts