Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Couple of odd problems with Online media (streaming from Amazon Music)
The tracks intermittently stop playing, then continue from the point where they stopped. Almost like buffering from the old days of slow internet. Checked LTE signal and connection to phone - no issues. Can't figure out why it keeps stopping.
Can play pre defined playlists, search for music etc. Won't play playlists I have created in Amazon - says online media not available.
Anyone else getting this 'glitch'?
Cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's my understanding of how the Amazon Music app works. I am using the Amazon music that is available with the Connect Prime and Plus services. It only plays the predefined playlists that come from Amazon. I also use Tidal via Alexa and get the same limitation. In the US Audi is using ATT for their hotspot wifi. A couple of months ago the service was a royal pain to deal with, but connection stability has steadily improved...I think they are actively working on making the system work. I find I get those drop offs in the same general locations, so I attribute them to dropped wifi signal....and yes, it seems that a song buffers to the car before it begins to play. Some of my connection problems I think are related to problems the MyAudi App has with interacting with the car and wifi services. Sometimes it seems like it just has a bad day!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh, I should mention. I only have the basic Amazon Music subscription that comes with Amazon Prime membership. I do not have the premium Amazon Music membership on my own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's my understanding of how the Amazon Music app works. I am using the Amazon music that is available with the Connect Prime and Plus services. It only plays the predefined playlists that come from Amazon. I also use Tidal via Alexa and get the same limitation. In the US Audi is using ATT for their hotspot wifi. A couple of months ago the service was a royal pain to deal with, but connection stability has steadily improved...I think they are actively working on making the system work. I find I get those drop offs in the same general locations, so I attribute them to dropped wifi signal....and yes, it seems that a song buffers to the car before it begins to play. Some of my connection problems I think are related to problems the MyAudi App has with interacting with the car and wifi services. Sometimes it seems like it just has a bad day!
Hmmm, another strike out for Audi... you wouldn't think it would take a mass of programming to allow you play your own created playlists... hopefully they'll build in the functionality soon.
Do they have a feature request option anywhere???

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
I don't use that service myself. But if it keeps stopping or buffering and you have a good LTE signal, that's something that needs to be fixed. Check with the dealer first, they may have a TSB or something else that could help. If they can't fix it, contact Audi customer service directly. And if there is a feature enhancement request, I'd also suggest Audi customer service as well. Get a case open and see where it goes.

If folks don't contact Audi directly for this stuff, it's not likely to get prioritized or even fixed at all. Believe it or not, most manufacturers don't keep track of posts on forums. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts