Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody else having the same problem with opening the door from inside! where you have to pull the handle twice before it opens the door
I have tried everything the dealer has told me e.g. shutting down the ignition and making sure the car is in the park before trying to exit this doesn't seem to make any difference Amersham Audi have told me they cannot find a fault

·
Registered
24 Posts
For some reason I have no problem with mine, however I noticed that my wife and other passengers do struggle and have to pull it twice. I think the key is how far you're pulling the handle. My dealer told us that a small pull will only engage the electric door but a longer pull will engage the mechanical part. Have you tried pulling past the electric lock to see if that helps?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Will echo @MegeTron on that point. Try pulling it "differently. 😉
You may be going too slow, partial pull, etc. The door handle is part elecric and mechanical, so it is a bit unique in it's operation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The problem happens when you pull the handle AND push on the door at the same time. You have to pull the handle THEN push the door open.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Should opening a car door really take this much instruction?
How else are you going to know you bought something high-tech and expensive if it isn't unnecessarily complicated? ;)

But yeah, that is probably an Audi feedback opportunity.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, when we all know what to do with this door handle thing that I thought I had a handle on for many years now, please let me know. It baffles me, as the driver, all of my family and my daughter's friend who, after having had a lift in the magic silent car, couldn't get out. This e-tron ought not to be Christine.
I am pretty au fait with the drone the car launches out of its roof to watch me when I reverse incompetently into a parking space at Waitrose but, good grief, I should be able to bumble out of the car at will when it's finally parked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts