Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have owned our étron for 12months, 6 months of the 12 the étron has been in the garage being repaired

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is a pitty. I drive etron 55 now for a month and it is a great car. It drives amazing, charging with super charges in 30 min. 210-230 miles average use. So my conclusion is totally different.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Definitely some non-US owner problems. The virtual mirrors (universally panned by everyone) are not available in the US. The dual charging-port option also is not available. The leaking I would find very annoying, but have not had that problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
He also complains about the flimsy frunk cover. He talks about it as if it is the only place to store the charge cord and as if he is constantly having to get the cord. I think that is hardly worth complaining about.

I think most people will have an EVSE at home and rarely use the charging cord when traveling. Those people can leave the cord in the frunk and hardly ever need to get it out. The people who need to access the cord frequently can put it somewhere else and use the frunk for something else that rarely needs to be accessed. I don't have an etron yet, but I would be in the first category. I think I would keep the cord in the frunk along with emergency supplies like a toolkit, flares, water, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only point i do agree with him on is the absurdly dangerous mirrors. Returned to dealer, rejected after 3 months, I now have a nice eton sportback s line, sans virtual mirrors.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I actually use the Audi charger in my garage with a 240 outlet to charge my car there; otherwise, this perfectly fine charger would just sit in my frunk adding weight. It works fine. If I ever need to take a trip where charging might be an issue, I'll just toss it in the frunk. Regarding the video, I thought he spent way too much time complaining about the virtual mirrors, lack of dual charging ports, and the frunk. Then, in passing, he mentions having the the whole electrical system replaced and water leaking into the passenger compartment--no discussion! Those I'd be much more interested in! What's up with that!?

·
Super Moderator
147 Posts
This starts off like a review, but it's really just an owner who got a lemon and is wanting to vent his frustration. The "review" negatives are things that should have been fully apparent during the test drive or initial research. For example, don't option the camera mirrors, be aware of the range, inspect your vehicle, etc.

As for the wide range of issues, I get it. I feel the pain, I've had my share of crap vehicles in the shop for extended stays, including one buy-back. They weren't Audi, but I'm not even going to call out those vehicles, as all manufacturers have their lemon cars here and there. But you can't expect them all to be so problematic. Meaning, this is simply a list of reasons why the dealer should buy-back the vehicle. Not to be disguised as a "review."

My E-Tron, for example, is a US variant. It has normal mirrors, dual charging ports, and the paint is excellent. The only issue to date was a loose trim piece that was rattling. It's a first model year run, some bugs are expected, but it's been fixed. Love it.

Hopefully, viewers can take this video for what it's worth. Do your research knowing what the vehicle can and cannot do. If it meets your needs, inspect it, buy it, and enjoy it. Once again, remember that nothing is perfect and there is indeed a warranty for a reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts