Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Came across my first big issue. I just had a parking brake malfunction light go off. Now the car has everything shut off. No screens on. And the start button or any button for that matter does not work. The car is essentially dead. What do I do and has anyone experienced this

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
Short answer - call dealership, tow it over there, car is under warranty. You have road side assistance so make use of it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Wow! Hopefully, you were in a safe place when this happened. You might wait several hours and try to start it again, but a tow to the Audi Service is definitely needed. Even if it starts, I'm not sure I would want to try to drive it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! Hopefully, you were in a safe place when this happened. You might wait several hours and try to start it again, but a tow to the Audi Service is definitely needed. Even if it starts, I'm not sure I would want to try to drive it.
The car was in my garage plugged into the charging port fully charged. So this is very strange.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all,
Came across my first big issue. I just had a parking brake malfunction light go off. Now the car has everything shut off. No screens on. And the start button or any button for that matter does not work. The car is essentially dead. What do I do and has anyone experienced this
I'm having a similar issue, no parking brake malfunction but car is completely dead and won't do anything and won't charge. I do not have the audi app set up since I've only had the vehicle 2 weeks and the dealership is reporting their is an issue with the audi site. What was your fix?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm having a similar issue, no parking brake malfunction but car is completely dead and won't do anything and won't charge. I do not have the audi app set up since I've only had the vehicle 2 weeks and the dealership is reporting their is an issue with the audi site. What was your fix?
Can you get into the car? The 12v car battery is most likely dead and needs to be charged/jumpered. You should call up audi roadside assistance to tow your car and have them charge the 12v. my dealer did not change the battery all they did was charge it and do some stupid software update although i dont know if that will resolve it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts