Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is there any clarification on what it can actually do? I messed around with it today and it seems like it’s only good if you position the car straight to park into a straight spot or if you’re simply reversing out of a tight spot to allow entry. It’s a pretty pointless and gimmicky option if that’s in fact all you can do.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had the same thing. I then totally closed app. swiped up on iPhone screen, slid over to app and swiped up. I then stood next to drivers door and reopened app. Then I started park assist. At top it showed either exiting a parking spot or parking. I made sure exiting was underlined. I then hit start remote parking. Then a circle came up saying start
vehicle. Push that and hold until car starts,lights come on. Then press bar on bottom for movement. At that point I was in front of the car. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I finally sort of had mine working yesterday in my underground parking at my apartment - although it wanted to park in a different spot to mine :) and I suspect I can't move forward far enough to pick my space up as there is a wall. Does anyone know if it works whilst in reverse at all as I lost the will to turn the car around and try

·
Registered
213 Posts
All I know is that every morning I go into my garage and use the app to back the car out of the garage. I then get into it and drive to work. It misses all the cars and the garage wall. Something I don't know I could do with such efficiency.

·
Registered
213 Posts
That’s what I use. I open park assist and hit exiting parking space. I then hit start and stand in the garage as it backs out. I don’t use it to get into the garage because it’s easier to just drive in. Before I dreaded every morning backing out but now I wait for it to back out and then I get in and go to work.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That’s what I use. I open park assist and hit exiting parking space. I then hit start and stand in the garage as it backs out. I don’t use it to get into the garage because it’s easier to just drive in. Before I dreaded every morning backing out but now I wait for it to back out and then I get in and go to work.
So you only you the exit parking space feature and not the parking feature where you choose the space? Mine just says currently unavailable when I hit the button in the car

·
Registered
e Tron GT with lots of goodies
70 Posts
I’m using the remote park assist on the app. It’s easy to park in my garage, but hard to back out
Remote park consists of two features; park and exit. You’re using the exit functionality, but not the park.

I’m looking forward to trying both. Tesla’s summon never lived up to its promise for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have managed to use it in my underground car park - but it didn't park me in my space unfortunately :) but I think this is because I can't actually drive past my space due to a wall being there so I think it limits picking up my spot.

It's such a weird feeling when it does do it itself as it feels quite violent and fast in its maneuvers and I will be honest I panicked a little bit due to there being a concrete column as well near the spot it was heading for

·
Registered
213 Posts
I used remote park app today to park in my garage. It really doesn't serve a purpose for me because I can just drive into the garage without getting out. Backing out is very different, and I use the remote exit feature exclusively when leaving the garage.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I used remote park app today to park in my garage. It really doesn't serve a purpose for me because I can just drive into the garage without getting out. Backing out is very different, and I use the remote exit feature exclusively when leaving the garage.
I'm sure Audi is more conservative and wouldnt release a half baked product, but do you trust the app that much? I see Teslas crash, but the company inst liable.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have about an inch of space on the passenger side when the side mirror meets the garage door opening. The app artfully reverses and then moves a bit to the drivers side to clear the opening. It is closer than I would be, but always clears it with no problem. I use it 2 to 3 times a day.

·
Registered
e Tron GT with lots of goodies
70 Posts
In my week of ownership, it seems the various sensors (and lines on the camera) are WAY conservative, to the point where I struggle to park using them. Surprised (and heartened) that the remote parking will deal with a 1” distance!

21 - 40 of 63 Posts