Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have been using remote park assist for over a month and it has been great. Yesterday 1/06 it stopped connecting. It now says Connection to vehicle required and just keeps trying to connect. Has anyone else had this problem in the last 2 days. I called e-tron customer service but we couldn't figure it out.

·
Registered
2022 e-tron GT Prestige Performance
51 Posts
I have been using remote park assist for over a month and it has been great. Yesterday 1/06 it stopped connecting. It now says Connection to vehicle required and just keeps trying to connect. Has anyone else had this problem in the last 2 days. I called e-tron customer service but we couldn't figure it out.
I just used it for the first time yesterday so I don't think it is a widespread current issue. It's pretty wild to stand outside an empty car and park it! My only issue is that it seems very picky about sensing perpendicular spaces. I can't figure out if I'm too close or too far away or if it only works to park between two cars (and for me that doesn't seem like an ideal first-time experiment...) I wound up parallel parking it across several parking spaces upon its suggestion just to see it work.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I get this message about 75% of the time I try to use it. I cannot figure out why it sometimes works and sometimes doesnt, seems random

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have any one solve the problem. My GT RS only says connecting but nothing happens? It work for a while but now it’s not working at all. Talked to Audi dealership and they don’t know to. Any one know the solution?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does anyone else get a message in the app saying, "Automatic user identification failed"? Or "The linking information between vehicle and backend could not be exchanged"?
That is the message mine had from day 1. Never worked. Talked to someone at Audi Support and I was told that it's a back-end problem that they're trying to rectify/fix. There is no ETA nor advice as to when it would work.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sorry to say but I got rid of my GT because it wouldn't remote park and then it wouldn't do many parking things reliably. I think there is a problem with the mix of Porsche systems and Audi systems. I bought a 2022 e-tron Chronos and it has the luxury without the problems. I hope you all have a better experience. The GT is the most beautiful car on the market, but I also need a reliable car. Still an Audi, but e-tron Chronos isactually reliable.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry to say but I got rid of my GT because it wouldn't remote park and then it wouldn't do many parking things reliably. I think there is a problem with the mix of Porsche systems and Audi systems. I bought a 2022 e-tron Chronos and it has the luxury without the problems. I hope you all have a better experience. The GT is the most beautiful car on the market, but I also need a reliable car. Still an Audi, but e-tron Chronos isactually reliable.
Hi Johnarpy,
May I ask "got rid of my GT" means you sold the car or lemon it to Audi?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Unfortunately it was a lemon. It was a car I loved and put 12,000 miles on in 10 months, but it was in the shop over 3 of those months and they couldn't fix some software glitches. The dealership said they had not had all the problems on any other and couldn't get it repaired. The dealership and Audi USA were very helpful in the buyback process, and I went and ought the new e-tron Chronos even before they had agreed to the buyback, since this e-trons are hard to find. Love my new e-tron SUV, but honestly feel the problem I had with the GT were due to many parts of car being from Taycan, and Audi trying to get their software to operate it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Unfortunately it was a lemon. It was a car I loved and put 12,000 miles on in 10 months, but it was in the shop over 3 of those months and they couldn't fix some software glitches. The dealership said they had not had all the problems on any other and couldn't get it repaired. The dealership and Audi USA were very helpful in the buyback process, and I went and ought the new e-tron Chronos even before they had agreed to the buyback, since this e-trons are hard to find. Love my new e-tron SUV, but honestly feel the problem I had with the GT were due to many parts of car being from Taycan, and Audi trying to get their software to operate it.

Thank you so much for your share, Johnarpy!

May I ask how much the lemon buyback price is? 100% of the MSRP?

·
Registered
213 Posts
They gave me everything back I paid. Down payment, all payments I made, and paid for the powder coating I did on the wheels. They also paid for my adding black badges, and then they paid off the loan. They also gave me 2,500 since I bought a replacement Audi. It didn't cost me anything.

·
Registered
59 Posts
They gave me everything back I paid. Down payment, all payments I made, and paid for the powder coating I did on the wheels. They also paid for my adding black badges, and then they paid off the loan. They also gave me 2,500 since I bought a replacement Audi. It didn't cost me anything.
Wah! That's great! Looks like Audi US did a really great job on Lemon.
Did you hire a Lawyer or just negotiate with Audi US by yourself?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Although I am an attorney, I'm a criminal defense attorney, so I know getting an attorney involved just raises the costs and animosity. I just called the e-tron customer service number and discussed how long the car was in the shop and I wanted to start a buyback. She sent the forms by email and I gave them what they asked and that was 4/19 and by 5/18 they agreed to purchase the car back. No arguments or dickering and a couple of weeks later I went to the dealership and signed a couple of papers and got a check for my share. The loan was just paid off directly from Audi, last week.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Although I am an attorney, I'm a criminal defense attorney, so I know getting an attorney involved just raises the costs and animosity. I just called the e-tron customer service number and discussed how long the car was in the shop and I wanted to start a buyback. She sent the forms by email and I gave them what they asked and that was 4/19 and by 5/18 they agreed to purchase the car back. No arguments or dickering and a couple of weeks later I went to the dealership and signed a couple of papers and got a check for my share. The loan was just paid off directly from Audi, last week.
Really appreciate your advice!

My 2 months old & 1500 miles GT has been in the dealer for 4 weeks, I have to say I need to keep the Lemon way in my pocket right now~

·
Registered
7 Posts
And just like that, remote park assist is available in the app. And it works. I suspect it will be very inconsistent, and probably unavailable when I would actually want it. But at least it was able to connect.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts