Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is a way to turn off this overhead light? Its obnoxiously bright and I kind of got used to it but my wife pointed out that it reminds her how all of our parents told us that its illegal to turn on the interior lights while driving at night but this contradicts that

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive mirror Mode of transport Automotive design

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well you should probably have the air bag switched on unless you have a child in the front facing rearwards.

Typically there's a switch you turn with a key in the glove box.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well you should probably have the air bag switched on unless you have a child in the front facing rearwards.

There was no one in the passenger seat when I snapped the photo, when someone is there it turns on automatically. I am more referring to the light as it is bright and distracting and curious if the light itself can be turned off (not the airbag)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

I don't think we can do that in the US, just like we have no way of removing backseat headrests when they are not being used.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The light I think is the led that lights the console. The passenger air bag light won't shine is someone is in the passenger seat. Either way, it's a piece of tape that can be removed if someone from the US government is sitting in the back seat.:) Just kidding, but I think the light that you're concerned about is the center white light that is for illumination and is not mandatory.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't think we can do that in the US, just like we have no way of removing backseat headrests when they are not being used.
I have the regular e-tron, but I can definitely remove the backseat headrests. However, it is not straightforward, and is buried deep in the manual. In mine, you have to insert a key into a slot that's on the opposite side of the button for adjusting the headrests, and hold both that and the button while removing. It's a pain to do, but it works. You might see if your GT has that option as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts