1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
330 Posts
The Audi group has held off on higher performing Audi's for too long especially with Lamborghini getting all the love.

·
Registered
111 Posts
With R8 sales dwindling in the last few years, a fully electric model is the smartest replacement. They just didn't do enough improvements to that platform to keep it on par with rivals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That being the case, offering an electric version of the new Q8 might be a solution as its something Lamborghini can't do with the Urus.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The R8 RWS was their last attempt at making it more relevant, and most of the reviews I saw were impressed by it. The bar has just been raised by so much over the last few years, that such a simple revision just doesn't cut it anymore.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There were also rumors of a 2.9 V6 for the R8, as a new entry level model. But I don't know if a more fuel efficient option would have brought that much more interest to the platform. I'm glad they kept the V10 for one last hurrah.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My guess is its a configuration that comes directly from some racing program.

Even formula one cars have drastically downsized and now moved onto electric platforms

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't be the only one who feels that Forumla E leaves something to be desired. Not only do you lose the raw sound of petrol engines, but they also aren't completing races with just a single car.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Its just an alternative for speed demons, billions of barrels are still being discovered.
With all that oil left you can bet there won't be a major shift any time soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts