Audi E-Tron Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of our E Tron as Christmas present. Have had several cases of Phantom Braking on the highway while under cruise control. Both times there were no cars directly ahead of ours for a far distance. The braking felt like a quick jab of the brake pedal. Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Probably a predictive control setting. If your cruise speed is above the speed limit and you pass a posted speed limit sign the camera recognizes it and depending on your setting will drop your cruise control down to the speed limit. Seems to also apply regen braking to scrub off speed as well. Hence the feeling of a brake jab. Next time I will try and see which menu/ sub menu the setting is listed under.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Familiar with the cruise control dropping out when the speed limit goes down. This is not that case as the car continues on as if nothing happened. However, I have the the Driver Assist on Max which may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Turned off predictive speed control on the ride home today. Was set for “with Tolerance”. Ride home stayed at set speed control all the way home With no interruption. With predictive speed control on every time it saw a speed limit sign it would drop the cruise control set point down to the speed limit and also apply braking to get you down to the limit. My driver assist is on max as well and I kept it on max for the ride home today.

In doing some more detailed reading of the manual. Several warnings (driver assist related) that will initiate a brake jab. If nothing shows on the display maybe the dealer can review a log. Possibly an intermittent fault on one of the many sensors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts