Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to test out the e-tron's abilities in the snow this past weekend in Austin, TX of all places. I live in West Austin and we got around 4" where I am. Decided to drive further west to see heavier snow then saw the number of clueless people driving like it was still dry roads (I'm from Texas but I'm not ignorant on how to drive in the snow) and after seeing a truck and a car both completely lose a wheel hitting a curb and people passing me at 50-60 mph I decided it was time to save the family and save the car.

Overall, the car did fantastic in All Road mode and I can only imagine how great it performs with winter tires!

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-tron Premium Plus w/ Black Optics
4 Posts
Right on! We are really impressed with the handling of the e-tron in the snow too. We have always switched our vehicle to snow tires but decided to stick with the AS tires for the e-tron, at least this winter. The paddle-shift to increase the re-gen is a great feature for safely braking in the snow.

·
Registered
2020 E-Tron 55 Launch Edit for her
5 Posts
Only a little bit of snow last week in Scotland, but enough to confirm that - with the 60% rear torque bias - it will do big lazy oversteery drifts. 😎 Sharp and linear throttle response helps here too.

You need to switch the stability control off to play of course...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts