Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have ideas on how to create playlists on the MMI? Or with a thumb drive In an e-tron? Since they took out the SD and USB A abilities as well as 3.5 pin adapter I’m at a loss. I have resorted to using adapters Hub adapters don’t work though.
lots of music and no place to play it They call IPod , SD, thumb drives, CDs etc Legacy Music. Interesting term to say the least. Love the JukeBox they have on the Q

Also any short cuts to return to the format you are playing without going back to Home and selecting artist, album or the like. It’s like running in circles.
I miss the toggles as well.

Love the car, dislike them fiddling with music interfaces.

ideas?

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you have the USB-c connection points?

I just bought one of these and use my USB drive for my own music.

Amazon Basics USB Type-C to USB 3.1 Gen1 Female Adapter - White: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I assume there is equivalent on the US Amazon site.

The other alternative is that some USB drives are now available that have dual connection ability - USB-A and USB-C:

SanDisk Ultra 128 GB Dual Type-C USB 3.1 Flash Drive, Silver: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
I bought the same things. However when I use the MMI they either are in album or artist format i had to convert a couple thumb drives with USB-a to USB-c. I tried a hub that could use usb-a as well as an SD drive. But the car says ” hub” not supported. Even and Apple hub said the sauce thing.
just frustrating for such a high tech car to need to do work around.
thanks for the input though. Appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought the same things. However when I use the MMI they either are in album or artist format i had to convert a couple thumb drives with USB-a to USB-c. I tried a hub that could use usb-a as well as an SD drive. But the car says ” hub” not supported. Even and Apple hub said the sauce thing.
just frustrating for such a high tech car to need to do work around.
thanks for the input though. Appreciated.
I am not surprised that hubs are not supported. I have a 2019 so it still comes with USB-A but I would expect a USB-C thumb drive to be no different. I create all my playlists externally on a computer in the root directory of the thumb drive. The e-tron understands standard m3u playlist files and I use relative paths in them to be on the safe side. They play just fine. It would be nice if the e-tron remembered for each playlist where I left off but instead it always starts at the beginning when I switch between playlists.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe i found the solution. Jumping through hoops! Actually I changed things up and opened new folders for different song lists When I downloaded music files It keeps songs for a particular playlist in the folder, in sub folders. The e-tron has a folder option. I now have playlists in the MMI. I did have to use a thumb drive with a usb-c adapter. But other than ApplePlat it’s the next best option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts