Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put my order in for my pod point.
I have ticked the additional work required box as my garage is detached from the house.
Has anyone had to pay for additional work?
On another note how long is the tethered pod point charger wire?

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
When ours was installed (terraced house). The installer routed the wire under the floorboards (we have solid wood floors so couldn’t lift them). They removed a section of the flooring under the door mat to help ease the cable through but didn’t charge us extra for this. I think they allow a set length of cable (maybe 10m) from the fuse to the podpoint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My fuse box is roughly 10meter away from the garage. And around 8m from the mains electric supply. Issue is when I’ve read in the terms it says that they will fix to concrete walls but this would have to be dug under ground to get to the garage.

I may dig the trench and get a pipe for them to install it into before they come. If this is the case I hope it cools down 😂

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thank you.
That’s that one out then 😂
Whys that? Is the planned position of the podpoint more than 7 metres away from where you are planning on parking the car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes my garage is detached from the house so the drive is roughly 15m from the consumer unit in the house.

Whys that? Is the planned position of the podpoint more than 7 metres away from where you are planning on parking the car?

·
Registered
181 Posts
PodPoint tethered cables are now 10m but from what you say that may not help. You may need to go untethered.

As for the feeder run from the consumer unit, mine was a little under 20m which the guy was happy with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s good to know what yours supplied you with more than 10 meters.

I think I’m just going to dig the trench for them and get some flexible conduit for them to put the cable in. Hopefully they will just do it then for me.

PodPoint tethered cables are now 10m but from what you say that may not help. You may need to go untethered.

As for the feeder run from the consumer unit, mine was a little under 20m which the guy was happy with.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The tethered side of the unit is supplied as 10m. As for the supply side, I would think that if you install the conduit with drawer cord the fitter will be more than happy. Installing the cable-run is the most time consuming bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts