Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to get a sense of how many people on the forum have previously owned a Tesla and how many haven't.

If I were a betting man I'd say there's going to be more non Tesla owners than former owners.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I'm going to say "no" and exclude the refused delivery, even though the bank might disagree. Hah. Fortunately, I did enough research and test drives to save myself future ownership trouble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A former 2013 Tesla Model S 85 owner here. The only thing I will miss is the Supercharger network and how it's integrated with their navigation. Besides that, the e-tron charges so much faster on an EA station than the S85 on a Supercharger, even before Tesla slowed down the charging to prevent battery fires and warranty claims. I won't miss being QA for Tesla's software or rebooting it just to get climate control to work.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Some more fun questions might be, how many test drove a Tesla and ran away before even considering buying one? Hah.

And then how many Tesla owners looked at anything other than Tesla before ordering one? I know for this one, based on years following the forum, it's a lot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We looked at a Tesla, and we weren’t impressed. The interior reminded me of our 2014 Toyota Sienna LE with cloth interior...we didn’t even want to test drive one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some more fun questions might be, how many test drove a Tesla and ran away before even considering buying one? Hah.

And then how many Tesla owners looked at anything other than Tesla before ordering one? I know for this one, based on years following the forum, it's a lot.
I was all over the place when looking to replace my Model S. I test drove a Chevy Bolt, a Kia Niro EV, and both Model 3 Long Range and Performance. There weren't any Toyota RAV4 Primes available or I would have considered that. Even the Niro EV had a better quality interior than the Model S and 3, not to mention superior fit and finish. Then I found out about the crazy discounts on e-trons and it was a done deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts