Votes: 48 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 121 71.6%
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2019 e-tron Quatro 55 Prestige
3 Posts
We test drove a couple of Teslas (new and used) before buying the e-tron and decided to go with a used 2019 e-tron model. The interior and the comfort of the ride was a big factor for us since my wife uses it for daily 100 mi commutes. We also have two little kids that need the extra space and room for their stuff. The price for the Model Y and Model X that we looked at were astronomically higher and we felt like they were much more crammed inside. So the Audi for us was a clear winner. We've taken the e-tron on a road trip between Milwaukee and Indianapolis and found that the Electrify America stations were sufficient for when we needed them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had a Model S for a year, loved it. My first choice now would have been a Model Y, but the e-tron works better for my partner's back issues. I can't complain, it's great car, extremely comfortable and very nicely made.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a Model S P85D. There are definitely things I miss and others I don't. All of Tesla's connectivity, the app and basically interface tech is top notch. But Audi's build quality is definitely a winner.

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron Premium Plus
24 Posts
I had a low VIN (005950) 2018 Model 3, traded for a 2021 Model 3 (total dud), traded for a 2022 Model 3 and just grew so tired of Tesla's poor build quality and service.

·
Registered
2022 Audi E-Tron GT
12 Posts
Came to the Audi e-Tron GT family from a 21 Tesla Model S Refresh. I really liked that car but the yoke steering with buttons for blinkers and horn was a real pain (and driving hazard).

Having been in my Audi now for a week, the quality compared to a Tesla is complete night and day. Absolutely love the attention to detail in the Audi, the practically non-existent road noise at freeway speed and just the overall driving experience has been far better thanthe Model S that I had.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Decided to relegate my 991.2 to weekend duty in 2019 and bought a Model 3 to use as a daily. After nearly four years it's been one of the best cars I've owned as a daily driver. Despite the toxic Tesla fanboyism the car is simply great. No issues with reliability, quality is fine on a basic level, interior, paint and hardware and the app and tech is simply over the top great. There is a huge divergence between those who have simply looked at one or reads into Tesla hate postings and concluded build quality is crap versus real ownership experience.

Needless to say when I test drove the Q4 sportback for 20 minutes around the block I was not overly impressed with the performance but as a package it's a beautiful EV. I ordered one because I love Audi/Porsche, styling, interior and the package as a whole and after nearly four years of driving my Tesla as a daily, Im ready for change. Plus the nearly $9k in Canadian EV rebates and decent trade in value I should get for my Tesla makes the move kind of a no brainer.

·
Registered
470 Posts
With me finally finding a Q4 to buy within a reasonable timeframe (built, awaiting transport to the US), the countdown has finally begun to get rid of my Model 3. I cannot overstate how excited I am to have something quiet, comfortable, and with carplay.

Will I miss the supercharger network? Maybe once or twice a year.

Will I miss the frunk? A little (it's a GREAT place for stuff like the tire inflator, first aid kit, spare wiper juice, and mobile charge kit that you want to keep in the car but don't rarely need and don't want to have to take out luggage to get to).

Will I miss not having actual buttons for HVAC? F no.

·
Registered
24 Posts
With me finally finding a Q4 to buy within a reasonable timeframe (built, awaiting transport to the US), the countdown has finally begun to get rid of my Model 3. I cannot overstate how excited I am to have something quiet, comfortable, and with carplay.

Will I miss the supercharger network? Maybe once or twice a year.

Will I miss the frunk? A little (it's a GREAT place for stuff like the tire inflator, first aid kit, spare wiper juice, and mobile charge kit that you want to keep in the car but don't rarely need and don't want to have to take out luggage to get to).

Will I miss not having actual buttons for HVAC? F no.
I hear you. My wife still has a Model 3 and I took it out to pickup some take out. I couldn’t wait to get back to my e-tron. The road noise is horrific.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Kind of comparing apples to oranges arent we? lol!
Tesla chooses to cheap out and not insulate their cars from road noise. During my 4.5 years of ownership it bothered me, but it wasn’t until I got my e-tron 2 months ago that I realized just how horrible the Tesla road noise problem was.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I honestly think my 2000 VW Jetta was quieter at 75mph than my Tesla.
Funny enough I also had a 2000 Jetta. To be honest every single car I have owned was considerably quieter than each Tesla I had and my wife’s that we still have.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts