Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

Is the extra cost of Audi Care worth it for a low maintenance vehicle like an E-tron?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all.. Is the extra cost of Audi Care worth it for a low maintenance vehicle like an Etron?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can check tire pressure and replace filters myself :) No oil to mess with and if there are any errors to handle, that comes out of the warranty / pocket anyway.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
84 Posts
On 24 month lease, I would say no on 2019. 36+ months, may be worth it.

MY 2019 1st service is covered by Audi.

MY 2020+. it's on your dime.

Mostly just inspections at year 1, but year 2, there's brake fluid flush and at some point EV battery coolant change.

Price those services out vs the 1% bump up in RV at time of signing lease. (on $85k Prestige- that's $850 basically free so you're only paying if non-discounted, $1195-850= $345, That would be worth it IMO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Main maintenance expense on an EV is tires especially if you drive all yobby. Even brakes are less used because of regeneration. Definitely give them the finger if they try to sell you free oil changes or tune-ups. :)

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
84 Posts
brake fluid change and coolant change would run > $345 IMO (if added to lease at time of signing) and cover the cabin filters and other inspections.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I talked to my finance guy said he couldn't recommend it to me (which was definitely a first for me as they usually push that stuff like crazy), said he asked one of the mechanics what they actually do during the service appointments/intervals and he told him that they just top off the fluids, check the cabin air filter and brakes and then walk around the vehicle and shine a flashlight. Finance guy has a eTron also and said he turned it down also. I told him yeah I'll pass too.

For an ICE I would, but an EV should be a lot less maintenance and costly service appointments.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I talked to my finance guy said he couldn't recommend it to me (which was definitely a first for me as they usually push that stuff like crazy), said he asked one of the mechanics what they actually do during the service appointments/intervals and he told him that they just top off the fluids, check the cabin air filter and brakes and then walk around the vehicle and shine a flashlight. Finance guy has a eTron also and said he turned it down also. I told him yeah I'll pass too.

For an ICE I would, but an EV should be a lot less maintenance and costly service appointments.
Recommend you consider finding a new Audi dealership for service. Here's the official eTron schedule: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10165814-0001.pdf

Brake fluid flush and coolant change is going to be more than $345 at year 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts