Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking at some CPO E trons.

Where is the best place to get an extended warranty?

This is the first time I’m buying a used car. School me.

BTW, it’s a 2019 Prestige
4,3XX miles $900 cold weather package
$62,000

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
At that price, I recommend buying a brand new 2019 Prestige w cold weather package for around 65-66k - this way you will get the full 7500 fed tax credit and a brand new car. It is definitely possible, just requires some negotiating with the dealership!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can also look into leasing and then buying out the car immediately after. 62k for a CPO seems high, but it does seem high and you Should be able to get a new one for close to that.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Don't forget that the CPO vehicle from Audi already includes a 1 year extended warranty with unlimited mileage. And you are technically paying for that via purchase. You should see it in the paperwork, not a bad thing, just a heads up.

I'm sure the dealer will offer an extended warranty as well, either via Audi or 3rd party. If I'm considering one, I'll start by researching whatever they are offering first. Especially since I'm most likely to bring the vehicle to them for future service visits. I also like to get feedback from the service department.

I passed on the extended warranty for this vehicle because they were way too expensive and surprisingly, they didn't even bother offering a discount. Although even at half-off, I wasn't touching it, so I didn't push it. Plus, for my personal vehicles, I don't typically keep them long enough to be of use.

Which is worth noting that those warranty prices are almost always negotiable. Just be sure to read the fine print and note deductibles and whether it's an inclusion or exclusion based warranty. It does no good if it excludes half the vehicle or only includes things that probably won't break.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I think $62K sounds over priced; I bought a 6 month old CPO Edition One for $58K, it had around 5K miles I think; I like CPO because you have peace of mind until 100,000 miles... I would shoot for $55 K for a Prestige; otherwise if you get a new one in the mid-60's to high-60's and you factor in the $7500 federal rebate PLUS any state rebates you may be eligible for which will bring you close to the high 50s... for a brand new car that might be pretty good.

BUT with CPO you get 100,000 bumper to bumper coverage... I don't think you get that in a new car.

We are looking at some CPO E trons.

Where is the best place to get an extended warranty?

This is the first time I’m buying a used car. School me.

BTW, it’s a 2019 Prestige
4,3XX miles $900 cold weather package
$62,000

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts