Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow marks my 1 week mark of owning my e-Tron. The only complaint I have is the range, other than that, its a phenomenal car and a blast to drive.

With my adventure into the EV world and the e-Tron, I’m curious what accessories people buy for theirs.

So post your accessories, please.

·
Registered
29 Posts
First thing for me was a clear bra for the front of the e-tron. I had the Xpel brand film on my last 4 cars, but because I used the dealer this time I have the 3M brand on it. The last time I had the 3M film installed on a car (2009) it turned yellow and had to be replaced after 2 years. I'm hopping they have improved the product as my e-tron is also white, like the 2009 Q5 that had the failed 3M film on it. After the clear bra was installed, I put on a good coat of wax. I used Zymol Concours glaze on it. Even though it came with the Audi winter mats, I also bought the WeatherTec winter floor liners for the Wisconsin winters. They really protect the carpet a little better when it's wet and slushy out.

As far as range goes, you just have to get use to driving with a "1/2 a tank of gas". We do a lot of Madison to Milwaukee trips (around 130-150 miles round trip) and when we used the Q7 I always tended to fill the tank up before we left. While it's nice to 400+ mile range on the Q7, we enjoy the e-tron and would rather drive it over the Q7. We've made the trip 5 or 6 times in the e-tron and have been fine going there with the "1/2 tank". On the really cold trips over there I stopped by an outdoor mall that had food and shopping and picked up an hour or two of free level 2 charging for a little buffer for the ride home. I'm hoping for a little better range in the warmer months.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just the Audi brand e-Tron specific crossbars so far. Got them for cheaper than Thule's offering and they allow for sunroof opening.

·
Registered
24 Posts
First thing for me was a clear bra for the front of the e-tron. I had the Xpel brand film on my last 4 cars, but because I used the dealer this time I have the 3M brand on it. The last time I had the 3M film installed on a car (2009) it turned yellow and had to be replaced after 2 years. I'm hopping they have improved the product as my e-tron is also white, like the 2009 Q5 that had the failed 3M film on it. After the clear bra was installed, I put on a good coat of wax. I used Zymol Concours glaze on it. Even though it came with the Audi winter mats, I also bought the WeatherTec winter floor liners for the Wisconsin winters. They really protect the carpet a little better when it's wet and slushy out.
How do you like the Zymol Concours glaze? I haven't used that product before and am always looking for more shine. Over the last few years I've been pleased with Meguiar's products including their Ultimate Liquid Wax. I usually apply the ULW as a top coat, let that set for a day, and then apply a coat of their Ultimate Quik Wax, which is apparently highly regarded for a final shine but I have a feeling there are better final glazes out there. I might try the Zymol.

I've read that clear bar technology has advanced considerably over the last decade. Keep us updated on how the 3M film ages.

·
Registered
29 Posts
How do you like the Zymol Concours glaze? I haven't used that product before and am always looking for more shine. Over the last few years I've been pleased with Meguiar's products including their Ultimate Liquid Wax. I usually apply the ULW as a top coat, let that set for a day, and then apply a coat of their Ultimate Quik Wax, which is apparently highly regarded for a final shine but I have a feeling there are better final glazes out there. I might try the Zymol.

I've read that clear bar technology has advanced considerably over the last decade. Keep us updated on how the 3M film ages.
I've been using Zymol waxes since 1995. I first tried the the Concours glaze in 1998 and been sorta hooked on it for my cars. Multiples of people have asked me "what's on this car" over the years as it puts on a very slick coating. The price has gone through the roof (list is $227), but a jar lasts a long time. I bought my last jar about 3 years ago and used it (applied) on my S6 a few times, used it at least 4 times on my Macan S and once on the e-tron. I think I have enough for one more application in the jar. After this gone I'll probably switch over to their Titanium glaze which is made for SUVs (and 1/2 the price of Concours). It's a two-step process as you have to use their HD cleanse product first (it's like a liquid clay) and then hand rub in the glaze. It took me four days to do it on the e-tron. As I get older the process take me longer and longer ( you know - wax on, wax off). I'm interested into looking at these "glass coat" products at some point. Our local Audi club is planning on a tech session at one of these detailing shops this year, so I'll get to see and hear in detail about the product and how it's applied.

Reactions: Dr.T

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been using Zymol waxes since 1995. I first tried the the Concours glaze in 1998 and been sorta hooked on it for my cars. Multiples of people have asked me "what's on this car" over the years as it puts on a very slick coating. The price has gone through the roof (list is $227), but a jar lasts a long time. I bought my last jar about 3 years ago and used it (applied) on my S6 a few times, used it at least 4 times on my Macan S and once on the e-tron. I think I have enough for one more application in the jar. After this gone I'll probably switch over to their Titanium glaze which is made for SUVs (and 1/2 the price of Concours). It's a two-step process as you have to use their HD cleanse product first (it's like a liquid clay) and then hand rub in the glaze. It took me four days to do it on the e-tron. As I get older the process take me longer and longer ( you know - wax on, wax off). I'm interested into looking at these "glass coat" products at some point. Our local Audi club is planning on a tech session at one of these detailing shops this year, so I'll get to see and hear in detail about the product and how it's applied.
Let us know if the Titanium glaze imparts a comparable finish to the Concours glaze. Good to see someone taking great care of the paint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tomorrow marks my 1 week mark of owning my e-Tron. The only complaint I have is the range, other than that, its a phenomenal car and a blast to drive.

With my adventure into the EV world and the e-Tron, I’m curious what accessories people buy for theirs.

So post your accessories, please.
winter floor mats (Audi brand) from Amazon, AUDI logo door lights (Amazon Again). Audi air caps for tires, and I am trying the Ceramic coating from Turtle Wax. I want a second set of wheels so switching from summer to winter tires are easier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I simply added a "quattro" badge on the rear from eBay for about $8. Not sure why Audi did not note "quattro" on any of the badges; probably for a cleaner look but love the bragging rights of the quattro technology.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's been almost 6 months and 19000km

I have bought several accessory until now,

Mats for the floor from diamond mats
Rear wiper remove kit from Kill a wipper s
Wheels spacers 20mm front and back ?
Removed all the badges from the car

Soon I will get new set of wheels 22x10 ?
I will also add ppf protection on the car

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's been almost 6 months and 19000km

I have bought several accessory until now,

Mats for the floor from diamond mats
Rear wiper remove kit from Kill a wipper s
Wheels spacers 20mm front and back ?
Removed all the badges from the car

Soon I will get new set of wheels 22x10 ?
I will also add ppf protection on the car
I got the Diamond mats also but they sent the wrong one for the back. Took forever for them to reply to my email, then made up excuses. I finally made a complaint with PayPal for a refund. Horrible customer service, decent mats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A bunch of small stuff. First Aid kit, car seat mat, touch screen protector and cleaning cloth, black Audi plate frame, looking to replace Audi rings with black rings and remove other badges

1 - 11 of 11 Posts