Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see below, the power meter stops at around 85%. It’s also impossible to get into boost mode. My settings are all on sportive.

anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
808 Posts
Have you used sport mode, i.e., acceleration at boost range? Is it a persistent state?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
808 Posts
Sounds like the engine is protecting itself against damage then. I saw something similar when boost mode has been used too often and then max power is lowered for some time, but it would recover within 2-3 minutes. A persistent state like this is concerning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like the engine is protecting itself against damage then. I saw something similar when boost mode has been used too often and then max power is lowered for some time, but it would recover within 2-3 minutes. A persistent state like this is concerning.
It is like this for over 2 months now. I thought it might be a setting and deal with it later. Couldn’t find anything tho..

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019
67 Posts
Get the HV battery checked i suspect it has a faulty cell or module.
Yes. Also full charge range is likely to be less than expected. Is the car a 50 or a 55? 100 km per kWh long term average?

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
303 Posts
Is that a 50 or 55? Looks like you are getting 1 mile per percent. Definitely sounds like a battery problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What is the process once this is identified? Does audi have to swap the entire battery pack for a new one?
They can swap out modules instead of the entire battery. It depends on the damage. They may not have all the tools and equipment on hand as this requires protective gear to protect the tech from the current. Some of it is on circulation from Audi I think. Since the battery drops down it is fairly accessible so replacing parts of the battery should be relatively easy except for all the precautions that have to be taken (and the price but that is not anything you have to worry about at this point).

·
Registered
2 Posts
No because they can replace individual cells in the battery. They need to order the appropriate cell and the cell balancer which they loan from Audi. In our case the cell balancer took an age to arrive and after they replaced the defective cell (send the balancer back) they then found more cells were bad. We're now waiting for the balancer again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts