Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few threads already, but MRSP has been deeply discounted in recent months. If you have purchased an e-tron in the last 6 months (or so) it would be great to hear from you!

In order for this to be as clear as possible, please state the following:

Exact model year/trim
New/used
MSRP
Price paid (BEFORE federal/state tax rebates)
Trade-in offer
Approx. date of purchase
Approx. regional location
Any other details that could impact price

Thanks to omegafiler for input!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
There are a few threads already, but MRSP has been deeply discounted in recent months. If you have purchased an e-tron in the last 6 months (or so) it would be great to hear from you!

Exact model year/trim
New/used
MSRP
Trade-in offer
Approx. date of purchase

Thanks polyphonic! I moved this to a more appropriate sub-forum, but these extra details should be helpful for future buyers. Without context, a "good deal" may not be as it seems. Also going to sticky this to serve as a master thread.

Here's mine:
2019 Audi E-Tron Prestige, Used/CPO, ~2,500 miles.
Original MSRP: $83,300
Paid $57,800 USD, before taxes, no trade.
Purchased Aug 2020 in Central TX.

Note: The Audi Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warranty added another roughly $900 to the price, which is included in the price paid. That adds another 1-year to the remaining factory warranty and is simply part of the purchase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks polyphonic! I moved this to a more appropriate sub-forum, but these extra details should be helpful for future buyers. Without context, a "good deal" may not be as it seems. Also going to sticky this to serve as a master thread.

Here's mine:
2019 Audi E-Tron Prestige, Used/CPO, ~2,500 miles.
Original MSRP: $83,300
Paid $57,800 USD, before taxes, no trade.
Purchased Aug 2020 in Central TX.

Note: The Audi Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warranty added another roughly $900 to the price, which is included in the price paid. That adds another 1-year to the remaining factory warranty and is simply part of the purchase.
Do you want to know about leases or just purchases?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Exact model year/trim
New/used
MSRP
Trade-in offer
Approx. date of purchase

2019 Premium Plus w/Adaptive Plus and Cold Weather Package
New
MSRP $81,220
Price paid $61.5k before taxes, no trade
Purchased 7/24/20 in LaCrosse, WI

·
Registered
27 Posts
Want to point out to members in other countries that the price paid includes $7500 in federal government rebate for EV. The discount is good but it does include some help from uncle Sam.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Want to point out to members in other countries that the price paid includes $7500 in federal government rebate for EV. The discount is good but it does include some help from uncle Sam.
That's a good call out, although we are requesting to exclude tax credits/rebates from "prices paid." The price paid should be just that, the price paid for the vehicle, not including taxes, trade, etc. That allows for a more even comparison for shoppers.

Also, just to clarify, the $7,500 is a Federal Tax EV credit, not rebate. ;) That may have been what you meant, but I know it confuses a lot of folks. A tax credit means you can get a refund only up to the amount you owe in federal taxes, in the year the new vehicle was purchased. Depending on individual tax situations, some may not see the full amount refunded.

But there always other options, such as leasing, buying used, or find other ways to increase your tax liability for the year. Edmunds and other sites have a better explanation. But if anybody isn't sure, talk to a tax professional, of course.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For further clarification, the price I posted is BEFORE factoring in the federal tax credit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I leased two eTrons. First one end of August and the second one last week (mid/end Sept). Whether lease or purchase the final negociated price is the same. The only difference for a lease is the $7500 is claimed by Audi Financial so it's dedecuted at the time of lease. As suggested by @omegafiler, the price I am reporting does not include the fed credit.

2019 eTron Prestige
MSRP $84,420
Price paid $68,420 (before tax)
End August in SF bay area

I thought I did pretty well with the price I got only to find out some are getting 10% (costco discount) + $9500 (marketing allowance) + 3.5% addtional off.
That price with additional 2k loyalty discount from the first eTron got me interested in exploring getting a second eTron. (Cabin fever from SIP also contributed to my insanity)
There were tons of inventory in California at end of August when I got the first one. Plenty of colors and trims to choose from. By mid September the majority of the inventory is gone. The Costco program apparently was very effective moving inventory. Most of the remaining inventory is different shades of black. I wanted a typhoon grey and there was less than a handful in california and some of them have way too many options. At the end I have to settle for 10% + $9500 marketing allowance. Wasn't able to squeeze any additional discout from the dealer.

Second 2019 eTron Prestige
MSRP $83,225
Price paid $63403 with 2k loyalty discount
Mid/End sept in LA area.

I think with few inventory remaining, dealerships are less desperate to make deals especially with certain exterior colors. If it's a specific trim and color that's desired the time to get the best deal is probably begining of Sept when there was still plenty of inventory. That said if you want a black exterior you might have some decent bargaining power as there is still quite a few remaining.

I wonder how the 2021 eTrons are doing with regards to discount.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2019 E-Tron Prestige
New
MSRP: $85,195
Price paid (BEFORE federal/state tax rebates): $66,845
Trade-in offer: None
Approx. date of purchase: September 2020
Approx. regional location: SF Bay Area

We took advantage of the Costco discount, that was a no brainer. We also got the $2,000 loyalty discount and not to mention we still need to claim $7,500 in federal credits which is awesome so with all said and done, before taxes, the cost of the car is $57,345. Not too shabby!

Oh, we also capitalized on the 72 months 0% interest!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts