Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Audi E-tron Sportback Prestige
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m leasing a 2021 Sportback Prestige and after 4 months finally received my tag and registration. With it also came a property tax assessment for North Carolina. I built my sales tax into the lease. Are we responsible for paying property tax when the leasing company actually owns the car?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
That is state-dependent. When I was looking at the option of a lease in Colorado, property tax was not mine to cover, since as you mentioned - the vehicle would be owned by the leasing company. That is one small perk of leasing versus buying the car. I opted against the lease anyway

·
Registered
2021 Audi E-Tron
1 Posts
I’m leasing a 2021 Sportback Prestige and after 4 months finally received my tag and registration. With it also came a property tax assessment for North Carolina. I built my sales tax into the lease. Are we responsible for paying property tax when the leasing company actually owns the car?
Hey boradmc1 - I live in Charlotte and yes, you are still obligated to pay the property tax on a lease. It is in your possession for the duration of the lease, and registered to you. I moved here from New York 8 years ago and it was a shock that we have to do this EVERY year!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts