Audi e-tron Forum banner

Q4 Delivery Canada

221K views 1K replies 150 participants last post by  rdelacuesta 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone has anyone heard from their dealer roughly when they expect delivery?

I ordered/reserved July 22nd of 2021 and the salesperson at the dealership I ordered said I was one of the early ones in the Toronto Area.

Every time I ask if there are any updates I hear there is a delay. Apparently, they were supposed to get their demo car in Jan but apparently, that's being held in Halifax.

#2 ·
Hi everyone has anyone heard from their dealer roughly when they expect delivery? I ordered/reserved July 22nd of 2021 and the salesperson at the dealership I ordered said I was one of the early ones in the Toronto Area. Every time I ask if there are any updates I hear there is a delay? Apparently they were supposed to get their demo car in Jan but apparently, that's being held in Halifax?
I ordered in April 2021. My dealer (Audi Thornhill) told me on Dec. 11, "The Q4 has not officially been launched yet by Audi Canada, therefore it has not been able to be released yet. They are saying that the official launch date will be sometime in January, then and only after then can we release these cars from port."

I haven't heard anything further since.

#3 ·
I ordered in April 2021. My dealer (Audi Thornhill) told me on Dec. 11, "The Q4 has not officially been launched yet by Audi Canada, therefore it has not been able to be released yet. They are saying that the official launch date will be sometime in January, then and only after then can we release these cars from port."

I haven't heard anything further since.
That makes sense. Did they say what they define as "launch" since they have been taking refundable reservations for almost a year now? Also, did you by any chance hear about your car going into production or would that be after the launch as well? I haven't heard anything from Audi Mississauga.

#6 ·
Hello,
I ordered in the summer of last year and my car arrived in Halifax on 11/8. I was told Dec/Jan time frame for delivery but now I heard Jun/Jul, possibly early '23. I backed out of the deal in favour of another car brand that will be delivered in March. Now I'm stuck with Audi Q4 winter wheels. This would have been my 11th Audi and will be my last!

#8 ·
Hello,
I ordered in the summer of last year and my car arrived in Halifax on 11/8. I was told Dec/Jan time frame for delivery but now I heard Jun/Jul, possibly early '23. I backed out of the deal in favour of another car brand that will be delivered in March. Now I'm stuck with Audi Q4 winter wheels. This would have been my 11th Audi and will be my last!

Whoa you guys' process is WAY ahead of ours down here, but what possible logical reason could there be for them to still have the cars sitting at port‽ That's bonkers.

#18 ·
Reserved in April 2021 and official order was placed at end of July/beginning of August 2021 when ordering became available to dealers in Quebec. Was told car would arrive in early Feb 2022, and at the end of last week was advised all Q4 deliveries delayed until May, so waiting a bit longer.

#19 ·
Hi all. Just want to share some info with fellow future Q4 E-tron owners.
We ordered our car when it first became avaliable to order in August-2021.
There were a number of possible delivery dates given but our final update last week from our dealer is 'possibly' end of Feb.
They said the vehicles have arrived in Canada-Eastern seaport. But are being inspected and released by CBSA and perhaps relevant agencies. Because the vehicle is a brand-new model in Canada it might take sometime for it to be release.
At least it's here. So I imagine it shouldn't be long before it starts delivering to people who ordered back in Summer-2021.
And the dealer's will have at least their demo vehicle to show the public.
Hope this info helps. Cheers!

#25 · (Edited)
Just got an email this week from my sales rep in Montreal saying there was no confirmed production date from my order which was placed in late August and that there is absolutely no news about when the car would be ready.

The tone of his email sort of made it seem like he wanted me to cancel my order... but Im sticking in there. I was able to negotiate down quite a bit and the paperwork was signed making the price official. I’m guessing they prefer giving the car to someone else when it becomes available to make more money.

#31 ·
Good evening everyone.

I just want to give everyone an update as I got some detail updates from our dealership earlier today.
Last week the our dealership has confirmed a VIN# to our order but there system was showing inconsistent information. So they spent this week ascertaining the accurate details from Audi Canada before informing us today. So here goes...
  • Our order is confirmed and landed in Halifax along with a number of first orders.
  • The reason for the hold-up are 2-folds:
i) they are waiting for a software update for the entire shipment that arrived. Due to this delay of obtaining the software update from Audi in Europe. Nothing can move forward.
ii) Following the update then the vehicles will be inspected and released by the corresponding government agencies and on to transport trains.
This process at this moment is 'estimated' to be around a mid-to-late April delivery maybe even in May.

Bad news:
The sales-rep told me that not far into the near future within the next couple of weeks there will be customers that will be contacted by the dealership and eventually the executive of Audi Canada will reach out to all Q4 E-tron owners that there is a very limited production run and that the next shipment will not happen until 2023 due to the global auto supply issue. So I was told they have effectively stopped or drastically reduce production of VW Group EVs including Q4-Etron.

So I wish the best of luck for everyone.
Hope this info helps.

#32 ·
Good evening everyone.

I just want to give everyone an update as I got some detail updates from our dealership earlier today.
Last week the our dealership has confirmed a VIN# to our order but there system was showing inconsistent information. So they spent this week ascertaining the accurate details from Audi Canada before informing us today. So here goes...
  • Our order is confirmed and landed in Halifax along with a number of first orders.
  • The reason for the hold-up are 2-folds:
i) they are waiting for a software update for the entire shipment that arrived. Due to this delay of obtaining the software update from Audi in Europe. Nothing can move forward.
ii) Following the update then the vehicles will be inspected and released by the corresponding government agencies and on to transport trains.
This process at this moment is 'estimated' to be around a mid-to-late April delivery maybe even in May.

Bad news:
The sales-rep told me that not far into the near future within the next couple of weeks there will be customers that will be contacted by the dealership and eventually the executive of Audi Canada will reach out to all Q4 E-tron owners that there is a very limited production run and that the next shipment will not happen until 2023 due to the global auto supply issue. So I was told they have effectively stopped or drastically reduce production of VW Group EVs including Q4-Etron.

So I wish the best of luck for everyone.
Hope this info helps.
Well that's alarming.

#39 ·
Late to the game just put down $1000 refundable deposit at midtown Audi in Toronto in early Feb. But now I'm wondering, do I have an "order" in the queue? Or is my deposit simply giving me a spot in line to officially purchase when they are released? My paperwork says "Offer to Purchase".

#40 ·
You're likely in the same position as I am. I've been looking into EVs for a while and was holding out putting a deposit on a Q4 until the demo's arrived. My local dealers expected them at end of January/Early February, now not expected
until May/June.

I was advised that at the end of January orders for the 2022's closed. I placed a deposit and am now on the list TO ORDER a 2023. They expect pricing and orders to open up in early April.

#43 ·
We ordered ours in early November at Audi West Island in Montreal. We didn't receive any news since then so I called this morning and I was told they were still in the dark. They do not have any info as to when they would start getting 2022 Q4s, they haven't received anything yet.

Is it just me or that's really poor customer service from Audi Canada, chip shortage or not? They are not just keeping the customers in the dark about a model that was supposed to be out months ago, but also their dealership.

#44 ·
100%, the communication has been lacking, to say the least. I understand there is a chip shortage but not an email shortage like someone mentioned earlier. When I put money down in July last year I was told by end of November/Early December I would have the car, but clearly, both Audi Canada and Audi in Germany have not communicated properly with customers or dealers.

#46 ·
Not yet, although I have been told that I'm looking at possible delivery this time next year for an order that was placed on September 2021, so 18 months effectively.

My dealer mentioned yesterday that orders placed now are looking at a 24 month lead time. Given everything, that's even feeling optimistic...

#47 ·
I’m in the GTA, and put down a deposit a month ago and was told I could expect my Q4 etron 50 Technik Quattro, Navarra Blue by Nov/Dec 2022.
Granted I expected delays, and would be okay with Spring 2023.
However, if your dealer is correct and it’s approx 24month lead time, I may have to rethink other options. I’ll keep my order in the meantime as I prefer the Q4 over other options, I can wait a year, but unlikely to hold off for 2.

one thing I have been told by Audi Canada is each dealer has their own allotment of Q4s and the dealer solely controls the order process. They recommended I order with a larger Audi as they would likely have better buying power and as a result he allotted more vehicles.
I did order with one of the larger dealers which could be why they are projecting quicker lead times.

#48 ·
I’m in the GTA, and put down a deposit a month ago and was told I could expect my Q4 etron 50 Technik Quattro, Navarra Blue by Nov/Dec 2022.
Granted I expected delays, and would be okay with Spring 2023.
However, if your dealer is correct and it’s approx 24month lead time, I may have to rethink other options. I’ll keep my order in the meantime as I prefer the Q4 over other options, I can wait a year, but unlikely to hold off for 2.

one thing I have been told by Audi Canada is each dealer has their own allotment of Q4s and the dealer solely controls the order process. They recommended I order with a larger Audi as they would likely have better buying power and as a result he allotted more vehicles.
I did order with one of the larger dealers which could be why they are projecting quicker lead times.
Hi,

Is this yours? I noticed that Downtown Audi Toronto has 3 Q4 for stock "coming soon". This one is Navarra Blue and Technik.

Attachments

#51 ·
I put deposit on one two weeks ago. They told me if you factory order it won’t be till next model year. They had 3 coming shown in production arriving at Halifax end of April. All of them were technic with all the additional packages such as 20” rims, black vision, virtual cockpit, etc. I don’t really want them, but it was the only way to get the car sooner. Saying that, I don’t know if it’s true, or they just got my deposit.

#52 ·
When you put the deposit down, did they get you to sign a vehicle purchase contract for one of the 3? If not, I think you could still make a final decision later to buy it or not, once you've seen it live. Hopefully it's not true and your dealer will get some surprise stocks that is closer to what you are looking for. If it's true and all are Technik, I'm sure you will enjoy customizing the Matrix LED! 😁

#54 ·
GM everyone, wanted to join the e-tron family, but there seem to be a lengthy of waiting time? But it's ok, I can wait for it, anyone know which is the biggest Audi dealers in Montreal?
Audi Saint-Laurent ? (they said waiting time is between 1-1/2 to 2 years)
Audi West Island? (see some bad review from the recent month)
Audi Lauzon ? (look like to be a well respect dealer)
who else?

Just want to have a deposit on a Audi Q4 e-tron 50 quattro for now :)

Thank you

#61 ·
Ok guys, I just got an email from my dealer in Ottawa. They said launch coming in June and those who ordered early back in 2021, will get theirs in June. So looks like it is happening for you guys that ordered last year. I ordered in January this year and I've been told that mine will be after October 2023, according to my dealer. About ordering a Sportback would be earlier, I don't think it's happening with me since mine is a Sportback and from January 2022 to after October 2023 would be 1 year 10 mnth wait...guess it's going to be later than I expected but I'm so used to taking the bus as I work downtown...so it's probably going to my wife...her old SUV will be my new SUV 😓😂

#62 ·
I luckily just "ordered" one this weekend in Winnipeg. I called the dealer to inquire about lead-times and she informed me that someone had just backed out of their Q4 order and purchased an e-tron 55 instead. So I claimed their order immediately. I believe the order was originally placed in Oct 2021 and the current estimate for arrival into Wpg is at the end of Jul 2022.

#65 ·
I ordered mine in early February. Since I live in Ottawa, I called the dealership around. None had any Q4 available. They all said early 2023 at best. So I called dealerships in Quebec. It was even worst, the wait list was about 18-24 months. Then I called in Calgary because I a planning to spend 3 weeks there next summer. To my big surprise, they had q4 available because EVs are not popular there. Finally, I did not put an order with audi Richmond in Calgary. I found one, I guess a cancelation with audi dealer in Vaughan north of Toronto. This is not a deposit because I paid 2500$ and credit approval. My sake reps said the Q4 will be released in Canada in late June. The cars are still in the port in Halifax going through assessments by transport Canada. Mine will be delivered to me on August 4th. I don't fait on this, but expect something by end of September. My recommendation is to call dealerships in Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba. Better a drive than waiting 20 moths.

#69 ·
That's great news! Thanks for sharing. That was a possibility that I thought about too with me as I'm in Ottawa too, and went through deposit, credit check, bill of sales order, financing signed with Mark Motors Audi, etc back in January, and I decided to go through with them all the way but felt there would be some available in TO due to cancellations and there are more dealerships there. Since no rush for me, I can wait though. Yes Yeetron, my dealer in Ottawa said there were some expected to release this June in Ottawa, which is a smaller city than Toronto, so I'm thinking they will have more available. This is all good news and hope that Audi US will have them too since US is much bigger market than Canada.

#70 ·
Yes Yeetron, my dealer in Ottawa said there were some expected to release this June in Ottawa, which is a smaller city than Toronto, so I'm thinking they will have more available. This is all good news and hope that Audi US will have them too since US is much bigger market than Canada.
If it weren't a logistical nightmare, I'd be more than happy to fly to Vancouver to buy one if it meant getting one this year. Alas, governments ruin everything and I'm sure Audi would come up with some excuse not to honor the warranty anyway.

#72 ·
I have stock # on my order but not VIN. Does this mean there is an actual physical car being built right now, or it is just generic number indicating what trim and extras?
View attachment 4795 I
I got the same paper as you except it doesn't include "Transmission: Automatic Fuel Type: Gas" Lol! Who did the paper?! Even with that paper though, I still got noticed that my order is pushed back to late next year. For you, I hope you will get better update (build update, VIN #..) since you'd like to get it soon.