Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
641 - 660 of 728 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
so openroad is just 395 for doc fee and $295 for mats and wheel locks? I have an order in at capilano and those 2 are $900 more! Hate openroad though and they told me the deposit was non refundable cuz they had such a long list!
what’s the wait time at Capilano? I was told at Richmond they’re adding audi care and paint and interior treatment which adds around $3000 because they’re no increasing the msrp.

also $1000 deposit and when allocation is given they want another 4k then it becomes nonref.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cap just adds Audi care..wait time around 2 years

Richmond told me non refundable as well when I reached out but once the order is confirmed and made it is non refundable at cap
when did Richmond say $1000 non refundable? I put my deposit down last weekend and I was told only becomes non refundable once allocation is given and I put another 4k down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
when did Richmond say $1000 non refundable? I put my deposit down last weekend and I was told only becomes non refundable once allocation is given and I put another 4k down.
when I called them that’s what the rep said to me…this was about 1.5months ago..same with openroad as they had too many on the list

I hated those 2 anyways I always get bad service from them so I went with cap as they were easily the nicest to deal with but now if openroad is $900 cheaper I’m not sure

·
Registered
4 Posts
What dealership was this?

New member here. Also in Vancouver. Just put down a deposit last weekend Richmond Audi. Was told year and a half to 2 year wait.
Openroad Audi on Boundary

when I called them that’s what the rep said to me…this was about 1.5months ago..same with openroad as they had too many on the list

I hated those 2 anyways I always get bad service from them so I went with cap as they were easily the nicest to deal with but now if openroad is $900 cheaper I’m not sure
Interesting - you might want to walk in and talk to someone instead. I had a friend come with me when I went to check out the demo at Openroad on Boundary a month ago. She was told it was a $1000 refundable deposit as well until your order is ready to be placed and then it's a $3000 non-refundable (as per what everyone else mentioned here)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Openroad Audi on Boundary

Interesting - you might want to walk in and talk to someone instead. I had a friend come with me when I went to check out the demo at Openroad on Boundary a month ago. She was told it was a $1000 refundable deposit as well until your order is ready to be placed and then it's a $3000 non-refundable (as per what everyone else mentioned here)
yes thanks spoke with someone at openroad today and they verified this...but after going through the additional charges not sure where the safeguard $295 mentioned earlier came from cuz this wasn't mentioned

·
Registered
911, Model 3, Waiting 23/24 Q4
25 Posts
so openroad is just 395 for doc fee and $295 for mats and wheel locks? I have an order in at capilano and those 2 are $900 more! Hate openroad though and they told me the deposit was non refundable cuz they had such a long list!
[/QUOTE

I've had no experience with Openroad before so hoping for the best. Breakdown of fees attached.
Font Screenshot Number Circle Document

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, definitely very little room for negotiation. I was able to have them throw in a couple of extras but aside from that no wiggle room. I decided to lease as the interest rates right now are wild and knowing that EV technology is relatively new and only going to keep improving, I want to be able to easily get into the upgraded version in a few years. Don’t want to be stuck with an iPhone 3G when everyone wants an iPhone 7! That said at the end of the day, it comes down to whatever makes most sense for you and your finances.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Each dealership has its own way of handling deposits. With Richmond Audi, it's a $1k refundable deposit that puts you on their waiting list. When it is time to place your order, they ask for the remaining $4k. Once they place the order, your deposit is no longer refundable.

My order was placed with Audi Richmond the week of Oct 23. My previous car buying experiences have been pretty good in that I've been able to negotiate the price and/or been able to get extras thrown in or certain fees waived. This time, nothing. I was surprised but now that I think about it, given the delays for EVs, long wait lists, etc. I see why they aren't bending over backwards for business.

I had already placed my $1k deposit with Audi Richmond before I called around other Audi dealerships to gather how much their extra fees are (i.e. Openroad Boundary appears to not charge a West Coast Package fee like Richmond does). I would have been lower on the wait list if I put my deposit down elsewhere so stuck with Audi Richmond. Their extra fees are ridiculous though. As follows:

• Westcoast Package (presumably floor mats, wheel locks) $725
  • Freight and PDI $2,700
  • Documentation Fee $495
  • AC Tax $100
  • Advance Disposal Fee $25
  • Paint and interior treatment $1,595

All in on these fees totals $5,640

Interested to hear if others have had more success.

I tried to get the paint and interior package removed but they wouldn't budge. I didn't get the Audi Care package though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
With all these supply issues and long wait how do most here pay for their Q4? Lease, finance or cash? Is there even room for negotiation or people just pay MSRP?
Really hoping the interest rates have drop by the time I get mine. Wondering if better to get financing directly from bank rather than go with whatever Audi offers? Anybody done that?

I will have a trade in plus the 5k down so loan won’t be for the full amout. But still those rates they are offering right now are ridiculous.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Really hoping the interest rates have drop by the time I get mine. Wondering if better to get financing directly from bank rather than go with whatever Audi offers? Anybody done that?

I will have a trade in plus the 5k down so loan won’t be for the full amout. But still those rates they are offering right now are ridiculous.
Right now Audi US is offering 3.99% on the 2022 Q4, which beats the snot out of anything I can find at a bank or credit union

·
Registered
911, Model 3, Waiting 23/24 Q4
25 Posts
Each dealership has its own way of handling deposits. With Richmond Audi, it's a $1k refundable deposit that puts you on their waiting list. When it is time to place your order, they ask for the remaining $4k. Once they place the order, your deposit is no longer refundable.

My order was placed with Audi Richmond the week of Oct 23. My previous car buying experiences have been pretty good in that I've been able to negotiate the price and/or been able to get extras thrown in or certain fees waived. This time, nothing. I was surprised but now that I think about it, given the delays for EVs, long wait lists, etc. I see why they aren't bending over backwards for business.

I had already placed my $1k deposit with Audi Richmond before I called around other Audi dealerships to gather how much their extra fees are (i.e. Openroad Boundary appears to not charge a West Coast Package fee like Richmond does). I would have been lower on the wait list if I put my deposit down elsewhere so stuck with Audi Richmond. Their extra fees are ridiculous though. As follows:

• Freight and PDI $2,700
  • Documentation Fee $495
  • AC Tax $100

I tried to get the paint and interior package removed but they wouldn't budge. I didn't get the Audi Care package though.

• Freight and PDI $2,700
  • Documentation Fee $495
  • AC Tax $100

I posted this earlier. Seems like a fairly big difference at Openroad. I ordered Sept 28, $1000 refundable deposit.
Font Number Screenshot Circle

641 - 660 of 728 Posts