Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
681 - 700 of 728 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Freight and PDI is still advertised on the website at $2700. When the time comes to pay check if the website still says $2700 then push back.
Yeah thanks not gonna worry about it just yet. 2024 is so far away. This is what my quote showed:

Font Rectangle Smile Circle Writing

Fairly sure mine would be a 2024 at this point. I really hope Audi won't further jack up the package & option prices though.

Right now I only picked my "must have" options and my total build price is merely $295 below $75k before taxes. My understanding is, in BC the PST is 7% up to $75k, otherwise it's 10% PST on the whole car if the extra 3% luxury EV tax kicks in.

In other words if I add anything else, say the SONOS option or 20" rims to this build today, that option would trigger an extra $2k+ in PST being added to the total bill. Kinda not worth it if I think of it that way. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah thanks not gonna worry about it just yet. 2024 is so far away. This is what my quote showed:

View attachment 7283 .

Fairly sure mine would be a 2024 at this point. I really hope Audi won't further jack up the package & option prices though.

Right now I only picked my "must have" options and my total build price is merely $295 below $75k before taxes. My understanding is, in BC the PST is 7% up to $75k, otherwise it's 10% PST on the whole car if the extra 3% luxury EV tax kicks in.

In other words if I add anything else, say the SONOS option or 20" rims to this build today, that option would trigger an extra $2k+ in PST being added to the total bill. Kinda not worth it if I think of it that way. :)
I think that is correct based on this BC link: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/taxes/sales-taxes/publications/pst-308-vehicles.pdf.

Does the BC luxury tax of 10% not apply though for vehicles priced between $57,000 to $124,999.99?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think that is correct based on this BC link: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/taxes/sales-taxes/publications/pst-308-vehicles.pdf.

Does the BC luxury tax of 10% not apply though for vehicles priced between $57,000 to $124,999.99?
Hi yes for all ICE vehicles, but for ZEV the starting bracket is higher at $75k+ if you look at Table 2 on Page 5. But your link brought up an interesting fact I wasn't aware of. I thought it's either 7% or 10% but that Table 2 shows a very minor $1k increment that bumps up the PST to 8% then 9% then 10% at $77k. These 2 tiny brackets from the BC Govt seem a bit pointless to me but perhaps my 2024 build would come down to that fine line! :)

I'm sure many other BC folks wouldn't think twice about the luxury tax and just order the package & options they want. For me, I looked at what doesn't come with the Premium pkg that I think I must have vs my wishlist, and it just happens the wishlist items would trigger that extra 3% tax so I said no thanks the govt decided for me haha.

BTW link to a non-comprehensive list of ZEV for the purpose of this PST criteria. it's from Feb 2022 so it doesn't have the Q4 yet: List of zero-emission vehicles available in Canada

·
Registered
10 Posts
Newish member 1st post but been lurking around since spring. And thanks fellow GVRD members for posting their buying exp. I finally joined the $1k waitlist today at OpenRoad. Was told to expect a 2 yr wait but it doesn't bother me as my timeline is flexible. Just don't jack up the price anymore. :)

There were 2 surprises on my invoice today:
1. I was told Audi Canada jacked up the Freight & PDI for the Q4 from $2,700 to $3,700. I wasn't expecting that. The line item in the invoice said "Freight & PDI (Q4)", something like that. Their system actually showed both the normal $2700 & the $3700 line items today, but the agent told me to subtract the $2700 from the total.
2. Minor bump at OpenRoad for their Safeguard Package. $300 more but you get a trunk liner now. I was told the $295 only has wheel locks & floor mats. So that's looking more like the Westcoast Package in Rmd.
Was this for 2024 model? Seems dealership not longer taking orders for 2023 model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes my quote is for a 2024. Also for the BC $75k threshold, I think they go by the total price including doc fees, PDI, safeguard pkg, and I think any finance costs, but before any trade-ins or the govt EV rebates. That is considered to be the total price of the vehicle. Don't quote me on that though. Is your build still below $75k after these dealer options & charges & interests costs if you didn't do cash?

See pages 6-8 for more details: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/t...6-motor-vehicle-dealers-leasing-companies.pdf

·
Registered
Q4 E-Tron Prem + Tech, HUD, 20” Wheels. Ord July 21. Audi West Island
23 Posts
Mine arrived in Halifax a week or so back, and I’m assuming must have been built at beginning of September (since it is MY2023). I was not given set for production dates, and don’t yet know delivery date.
As an update, vehicle has been in Port of Halifax for 4 weeks 2 days, and no indication of when it will be released.

·
Registered
46 Posts
As an update, vehicle has been in Port of Halifax for 4 weeks 2 days, and no indication of when it will be released.
seems like a lot of the hold-up is in Halifax for some reason, I imagine they are back-logged. My Q4 was completed on 10 November, but I have no idea on which ship it will get on from Emden port.

·
Registered
34 Posts
seems like a lot of the hold-up is in Halifax for some reason, I imagine they are back-logged. My Q4 was completed on 10 November, but I have no idea on which ship it will get on from Emden port.
My guess is that there is rework required for transport Canada to release the vehicles. It could be a software update and back and forth correspondence before each vehicle can be released. They may release in batches instead of individual vehicles. If one vehicle has an issue it may delay the entire batch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's very nice Quebec EV buyers get a $7k rebate. In addition to the $5k Fed. EV rebate, Quebec EV buyers get a total of $12k rebate. That's so sweet.

In ON. we get only the $5k Fed. EV rebate, and zilch Prov. EV rebate. Thanks, Doug Ford for scraping the Prov. EV rebate program!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone considered the Dash cam from Audi? If so what did your dealership quote you? I was told it's close to 2k with labour - the sales rep himself said I should check other places..

I see that Midtown has it for $1500 which is insane. Universal Traffic Recorder - Audi Downtown Toronto
Which dash camera do you end up installing?
I am looking at these two
Fitcamx Dash Cam for Audi Q4 e-tron

or

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ve ordered this one. It’s just like oem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ve ordered this one. It’s just like oem.
I saw this Scottish Q4 owner on YouTube with the exact camera. He has actually made a handful of videos of the FitCamX which are worth a watch. Here's the installation video:

681 - 700 of 728 Posts