Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
81 - 100 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
According to my contact at the dealer in Ottawa, you should be getting yours in June was what I got from last month's update but I question it now since you have it at May. At May, he said the demo should arrive as it is still in Halifax. I really do hope you get yours soon and would be nice to see a real one on the road in and not just on display here! 😎 Yup, it would be great time to drive now due to increasing gas prices. Do hope to hear some good news for this Thursday's Federal Budget for existing and potential EV buyers. Would be nice if they could make the Audi Q4 qualify for a Federal EV rebate like the VW ID4, Ioniq 5, EV6 (Msrp under 45K) ... But i guess it would ruin Audi's image maybe? 😅
Yeah, my dealer expects June as well here in the outskirts of Toronto. Last I heard my order was supposed to go into production in April. I don't have a whole lot of hopes until I actually get called in to sign official papers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Receive this email from my vendor (in Montreal):
"Unfortunately we don't have the confirmation of Q4 quantity for this year. You are just on a 2 years waiting list that might be changed. But i will update the information for you!
For the demo Q4 etron we will receive in 2 months, I will call you when we have it and we can do the test drive together!
Thank you!
"

Let see what will happen in 2 years : Toyota BZ4x (or Subaru), Lexus RZ450e, Honda Prologue, Acura EV, CADILLAC LYRIQ. I really hope they got the demo car to convince peoples, else there will be many similar choices within the next 2 years.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Receive this email from my vendor (in Montreal):
"Unfortunately we don't have the confirmation of Q4 quantity for this year. You are just on a 2 years waiting list that might be changed. But i will update the information for you!
For the demo Q4 etron we will receive in 2 months, I will call you when we have it and we can do the test drive together!
Thank you!
"

Let see what will happen in 2 years : Toyota BZ4x (or Subaru), Lexus RZ450e, Honda Prologue, Acura EV, CADILLAC LYRIQ. I really hope they got the demo car to convince peoples, else there will be many similar choices within the next 2 years.
I would rather walk than take the Toyota, based on the interior 😂

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can't believe they told you two years and on waiting list. Can they not put you in the system? I don't mind waiting but two full years which might change...that doesn't sound so optimistic. My dealer here told me this:

Our demo Q4’s are still at Port behind red tape. I still expect them to arrive in May.
All Q4 orders in the system as marked as “ETA Pending” while temporary non-Ukrainian suppliers come online for key components
Audi Manufacturing tells me that later this month I should have ETA on these orders.

Lot's a different messages these days 🥴

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can't believe they told you two years and on waiting list. Can they not put you in the system? I don't mind waiting but two full years which might change...that doesn't sound so optimistic. My dealer here told me this:

Our demo Q4’s are still at Port behind red tape. I still expect them to arrive in May.
All Q4 orders in the system as marked as “ETA Pending” while temporary non-Ukrainian suppliers come online for key components
Audi Manufacturing tells me that later this month I should have ETA on these orders.

Lot's a different messages these days 🥴
Just an fyi, I just went to the dealer a few weeks ago and already knew the waiting time will be around 1 - 2 years. This dealer already have my name on the Audi reservation system, but others dealers here just toke my name and have it on there waiting list (no deposit, therefore no entrance on the Audi reservation system). It's a crazy time to buying car now, but just want to put my name in case the cars industries will be crazier with all the global economic / covid / war issue.
Fingers crossed 😄

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Just an fyi, I just went to the dealer a few weeks ago and already knew the waiting time will be around 1 - 2 years. This dealer already have my name on the Audi reservation system, but others dealers here just toke my name and have it on there waiting list (no deposit, therefore no entrance on the Audi reservation system). It's a crazy time to buying car now, but just want to put my name in case the cars industries will be crazier with all the global economic / covid / war issue.
Fingers crossed 😄
It's actually horrible buying a new car at the moment. I was forced to replace my car and buying a used car was not worth it while the wait time for the newer cars is just insane. Gone are the days when you can expect your car within a month sadly. One can only hope things start to change.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's actually horrible buying a new car at the moment. I was forced to replace my car and buying a used car was not worth it while the wait time for the newer cars is just insane. Gone are the days when you can expect your car within a month sadly. One can only hope things start to change.
I'm in the same both, because my car was stolen back then so I've to "checking" for a new cars, but only true alternative was the used cars market at a crazy price. Luckily (or unluckily in some circumstances) I got my car back with minimum damages (my car have SHERLOCK marking), it's why I've decided to have my name on multiples waiting lists LoL

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I'm in the same both, because my car was stolen back then so I've to "checking" for a new cars, but only true alternative was the used cars market at a crazy price. Luckily (or unluckily in some circumstances) I got my car back with minimum damages (my car have SHERLOCK marking), it's why I've decided to have my name on multiples waiting lists LoL
Wow. Similarly, I got into an accident and was told the car most likely can't be fixed. So I had to go out of the Toronto area dealerships just to see if dealers have anything in stock. It was painful knowing that I could have easily had 2 cars if things were on time for the Q4 :( Oh well, it is what it is. Was able to secure a car faster than expected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just "ordered" a 2023 Q4 E-TRON, can anyone predict the delivery date?
Hi,
At this time you did not ordered your car yet.The pricing and specs for the 2023 are not yet released.Basically you put a deposit to secure an allocation for when the pricing/specs will be released (hopefully by the end of this month/early May).
Once your order will be processed,assuming it makes the first batch of 2023 production you should receive your car by Sept/October.
Unfortunately in the current environment we never know what new challenge may throw a wrench into the works and postpone delivery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This situation is driving me crazy. I wish AUDI had some guts, to provide useful information, not only beating around the bush. They are trying to keep the deposits and orders messing with our situation.
I have lease expiring and really don’t know what to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This situation is driving me crazy. I wish AUDI had some guts, to provide useful information, not only beating around the bush. They are trying to keep the deposits and orders messing with our situation.
Ask your dealer if you can extend your current lease. I was able to do this since June‘21. Hopefully I’ll get my Q4 late May or early June. It’s been sitting in Halifax for about month. Alternatively, you could buy it out and sell it when you finally get the Q4 next year. Given the prices of second hand cars, you could perhaps make some money. If you want to avoid the hassle, perhaps yr dealer or others may give you a good price after your lease extension. This is what I’m doing this month. I have a 2nd car while I’m waiting for my Q4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The lease for our Q5 was ending next Monday. Since our original delivery date (March) was postponed to May and then, according to other comments in this thread, we are now not expecting it until June (or later??), we decided to buy out the lease.

Once we take the delivery of the Q4 we will trade it back, perhaps for the same value of our buy-out, perhaps better?

As mentioned by @caparc above, given the increased price of used vehicule due to the lack of availability, I am fairly confident we will not be loosing out.

As to the delivery of Q4, the dealer told us today, in line with what others have said, that there are Q4 in the Halifax port awaiting to be released shortly. Audi Ottawa expects to receive a demo/ test drive Q4 shortly before the end of May. They will invite us to test drive it so we can try it out before we take delivery of ours 😇.

For our order: they told us that we do have a «COM» number and we’re lucky to have one as many apparently don’t even have that yet. My understanding is this it an order # associated to a build at the factory. No ETA yet, but with the COM # they told us they will reach out to the distributor to see IF they can get any more information for an ETA and let us know next week. I’m not holding my breath, but we’ll see. I’m happy for the excellent service at Audi Ottawa, they do what they can with the info they have.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
The lease for our Q5 was ending next Monday. Since our original delivery date (March) was postponed to May and then, according to other comments in this thread, we are now not expecting it until June (or later??), we decided to buy out the lease.

Once we take the delivery of the Q4 we will trade it back, perhaps for the same value of our buy-out, perhaps better?

As mentioned by @caparc above, given the increased price of used vehicule due to the lack of availability, I am fairly confident we will not be loosing out.

As to the delivery of Q4, the dealer told us today, in line with what others have said, that there are Q4 in the Halifax port awaiting to be released shortly. Audi Ottawa expects to receive a demo/ test drive Q4 shortly before the end of May. They will invite us to test drive it so we can try it out before we take delivery of ours 😇.

For our order: they told us that we do have a «COM» number and we’re lucky to have one as many apparently don’t even have that yet. My understanding is this it an order # associated to a build at the factory. No ETA yet, but with the COM # they told us they will reach out to the distributor to see IF they can get any more information for an ETA and let us know next week. I’m not holding my breath, but we’ll see. I’m happy for the excellent service at Audi Ottawa, they do what they can with the info they have.
That's awesome. What does the Com # look like? Is that one the order paper after configuring the car? I put my deposit in July last year and configured it in August and my dealer said my car is supposed/expected to go into production in April sometime. Hopefully, we hear some more news as they seem more confident that June is the target date for the first to come in. My dealer also said their demo vehicle is at the Halifax port

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put down my deposit on the Q4 last August at Thornhill Audi. The dealer sold me the car that was going to be their demo. My car is in Halifax but haven't heard yet when they will be launching the Q4s. Does anyone have any idea when they will actually be releasing the cars? I got an email saying late April or May but haven't heard anything further.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I put down my deposit on the Q4 last August at Thornhill Audi. The dealer sold me the car that was going to be their demo. My car is in Halifax but haven't heard yet when they will be launching the Q4s. Does anyone have any idea when they will actually be releasing the cars? I got an email saying late April or May but haven't heard anything further.
They have in the past mentioned June but until someone in Canada actually gets their car I don't think anyone is going to actually buy in 100% to that timeline.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They have in the past mentioned June but until someone in Canada actually gets their car I don't think anyone is going to actually buy in 100% to that timeline.
My dealer (Audi Uptown Markham) send an email mid Feb to all of their Q4 clients apologizing for delivery delays etc. They then went on to say “ The good news is we expect the first of the Audi Q4 e-tron vehicles to arrive in Canada by May and continue throughout the year. In late April, Audi Uptown will contact you with more information on the delivery timeline of your Audi 04 e-tron or Sportback e-tron.” Any bets on whether they will update us by the end of April as promised?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think at this point it is just a waiting game. I DM my friend/sales rep at Midtown Audi and recieved no reply. My guess is that they are just as much in the dark as we are: outside of seeing 'some' vehicles in Halifax they are just as eager to sell sell sell. At this point I understand the furstration, but I spympathize with them because they are not making their usual sales/commission because they have no car to sell. So I am sure everyone is eager for more and fast.
The only solace I know is we got our VIN#. So hopefully we hear from them in a few weeks. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer in MTL mentioned last week that their Demos Q4 will be in by the end of June, but I doubt about it. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order and playing my own waiting game. BC in 2 years their will be a lot of more electric cars to choose from and eventually the battery technology will be much advanced. Just look at Mercedes, they have got their car going up to 1000km+

·
Registered
5 Posts
Was told by my dealer earlier this week that my Q4 has gone into production. Expectation is still end of July to August 2022. Dependent on the Q4 release in Halifax situation like the rest of the Q4s held there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello again, while I’ve shared I put down a deposit for a Q4 etron technik, I haven’t gotten an official order yet as the dealer needs to wait for the 2023 order system to open (hopefully over the next couple week).
I spoke with a couple dealers today who state the pricing of the 2023s are expected to increase quite a bit.
If the pricing does increase quite a bit, it may encourage me to reevaluate other EV options I currently overlooked.
For example, I would prefer the Q4 over the model Y. however there is the reports of a lowered priced standard model y being released, a increase in Q4 pricing may make me reconsider Tesla as I don’t want to overspend.
Considering Audi is part of the VW group, I had hoped they would have offered price protection on the Q4 like I was offered on the ID.4

81 - 100 of 154 Posts