Audi e-tron Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1107 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Anybody get a discount on the purchase?
I wouldn't count on any discounts apart from compensation on any feature removal(as QFourETron pointed out with the heatpump discount). This is a sought after vehicle with a long wait list.

The only promo that DID exist was the Home Charging Credit; which as far as I know is done.

You do get at least $5,000 from the Federal rebate (if you do not buy the Sportback) and potentially more depending on your province.

· Registered
67 Posts
I think the default is no heat pump but you can request one if the dealer has an allotment
A new one I read is that there will be ZERO heat pumps as of March 2023
I was offered $1000 discount for one without a heat pump
that’s not really a discount as they are removing a pretty important feature and in my books worth much more than 1k

· Registered
17 Posts
that’s not really a discount as they are removing a pretty important feature and in my books worth much more than 1k
How much would you pay for a heatpump? VW offered it at 1.5K before they removed it too, but would you pay 3K if it was a standalone option? Or 5K?

I think 1K is my limit, as I opted out of the ID4 one at 1.5K

· Registered
237 Posts
How much would you pay for a heatpump? VW offered it at 1.5K before they removed it too, but would you pay 3K if it was a standalone option? Or 5K?

I think 1K is my limit, as I opted out of the ID4 one at 1.5K
But what if it’s not even an option as of March 2023?
I spoke with my dealer. They are still building some with heat pumps but they are limited and by request only.

Heat pump is worth more than $1k for resale value alone not to mention energy savings

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just picked up my Q4. The dealer called me out of the blue and said it was in. They previously said "maybe" November (Ordered in 2021).

Loving it so far, though its been crappy weather here.

Couple of questions:

1. Any recommendations for snow tires?
2. The my Audi app doesn't have many features, like unlocking the doors or checking the status open/close/lock status of doors or hatch. Is this expected?
3. Is Audi Connect different from My Audi?
4. The EVSE cable seem to be barely long enough to reach from the front of the car. I don't think I can mount the EVSE on the back wall -- there is a dryer plug near the back that I was going to use -- and reach the charging port if I park forwards. I think there was some mention on the website a while back (though mostly talking about the fat Etron) that the cable was 25ft? But guess there was no official length communicated.

Thanks

· Registered
237 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just picked up my Q4. The dealer called me out of the blue and said it was in. They previously said "maybe" November (Ordered in 2021).

Couple of questions:

2. The my Audi app doesn't have many features, like unlocking the doors or checking the status open/close/lock status of doors or hatch. Is this expected?
4. The EVSE cable seem to be barely long enough to reach from the front of the car. I don't think I can mount the EVSE on the back wall -- there is a dryer plug near the back that I was going to use -- and reach the charging port if I park forwards. I think there was some mention on the website a while back (though mostly talking about the fat Etron) that the cable was 25ft? But guess there was no official length communicated.

Thanks
Congrats on getting one with a heat pump!

1. Everyone here is saying that R5 SUV are great tires
2. There is a process that needs to be completed by the dealer so that you can have access to the features in the app
3. My Audi is the app where as Audi connect is the service that you can subscribe to. There is a trial period which is included for free
4. Usually EV cables are not very long. It’s important to get an electrician to place the outlet in a location so you don’t have to run extension cables. For a short temporary period extension cables are probably fine

· Registered
61 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Couple of questions:

Thanks
Get the Nokian R5 EV :)

· Registered
2 Posts
Just received my Q4 this past week. Ordered May 2022, so I managed to jump the queue a bit, lucky me! It definitely has the heat pump.

I went with the Nokian R5's (non-EV version, but still rated for EVs) in 19" and they are working great, but I'm also a Nokian fanboy.

Now the wait for Audi Connect to add some bloody useful features! (It can tell me the bonnet is closed not the locks!?!)

· Registered
Q4 E Tron Technik + Tech Package
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,039 ·
Hi Everyone,

Couple of questions:

Thanks
I got myself Michelin X Winter tires from my dealer. $2500 for 19”rims and tires. They are pretty good.

Just received my Q4 this past week. Ordered May 2022, so I managed to jump the queue a bit, lucky me! It definitely has the heat pump.

I went with the Nokian R5's (non-EV version, but still rated for EVs) in 19" and they are working great, but I'm also a Nokian fanboy.

Now the wait for Audi Connect to add some bloody useful features! (It can tell me the bonnet is closed not the locks!?!)
The app is definitely weird one. It works when it works and other times it doesn’t. It’s good for scheduling charging, controlling climate and that’s about it. Oddly enough when the main page says cad is not parked safely it means your door/doors may not be locked, this one was head scratcher and took some googling to do. Not sure if anyone’s mentioned it but if you go under climate control and comfort option the seats and steering wheels are also heated.

· Registered
61 Posts
I got myself Michelin X Winter tires from my dealer. $2500 for 19”rims and tires. They are pretty good.

The app is definitely weird one. It works when it works and other times it doesn’t. It’s good for scheduling charging, controlling climate and that’s about it. Oddly enough when the main page says cad is not parked safely it means your door/doors may not be locked, this one was head scratcher and took some googling to do. Not sure if anyone’s mentioned it but if you go under climate control and comfort option the seats and steering wheels are also heated.
For the climate controle, if I check comfort option I only see left and right. I don't see options for heating seat and steering wheels ?
Font Screenshot Technology Darkness Terrestrial plant

Did you notice any problem with the wireless heated windshield, sometime when I turn it on (in the car, not from the app) it goes off automatically after 2-3 sec, sometime it works fine, not sure what is happening lol

1021 - 1040 of 1107 Posts