Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer in MTL mentioned last week that their Demos Q4 will be in by the end of June, but I doubt about it. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order and playing my own waiting game. BC in 2 years their will be a lot of more electric cars to choose from and eventually the battery technology will be much advanced. Just look at Mercedes, they have got their car going up to 1000km+
Does anybody know why the Q4s are being held up in Halifax? As I understand, but could be wrong, the Halifax facility is an extension of VW Germany, ie not Audi Canada. So is being held for a software/firmware update, or some issue associated with approval by Transport Canda, or ???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello again, while I’ve shared I put down a deposit for a Q4 etron technik, I haven’t gotten an official order yet as the dealer needs to wait for the 2023 order system to open (hopefully over the next couple week).
I spoke with a couple dealers today who state the pricing of the 2023s are expected to increase quite a bit.
If the pricing does increase quite a bit, it may encourage me to reevaluate other EV options I currently overlooked.
For example, I would prefer the Q4 over the model Y. however there is the reports of a lowered priced standard model y being released, a increase in Q4 pricing may make me reconsider Tesla as I don’t want to overspend.
Considering Audi is part of the VW group, I had hoped they would have offered price protection on the Q4 like I was offered on the ID.4
I've discussed the price with my Audi dealer and they basically said, as long as you don't have a build confirmation, you might be in for a subject of a price change when ever it's your turn to get your Q4 build. So if Audi change the price next year, my dealer will noticed me and let me decide to go on or cancel. Cancel will get my deposit back via Audi Canada and not with the dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A couple weeks ago I noticed that Audi.ca changed the pricing structure for the Q4 etron. Instead of having 3 different models starting at different price points.
Now they have the base starting at $59,950msrp with progressiv and technik Specs now an add on package to the base.

It seems Audi knew of the upcoming changes to Canada’s federal EV rebate program and structured their pricing accordingly to qualify.
Based on the 2022 pricing, the Q4 Komfort, and the Q4 with the progressiv package would qualify for the new rebate; unfortunately Technik just misses the maximum. However based on the governments website the Technik trim does show as eligible despite being over $70k…

With all that said, the rumour was that the 2023 Q4 pricing would see an increase. However, it’s possible as with other automakers that Audi may absorb increasing costs, or remove options to keep the 2023 pricing the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With all that said, the rumour was that the 2023 Q4 pricing would see an increase. However, it’s possible as with other automakers that Audi may absorb increasing costs, or remove options to keep the 2023 pricing the same.
Happy Saturaday all! Great news for all if we get our cars, but I just got DM'ed by my sales rep. They are saying that the 2023 vehicle price will increase and also interest rate will increase to 6.11%.
So hopefully some of us get lucky getting our vehicles in the coming Month. My friend said all pushed out orders to 2023 will be adjusted to the new rates and pricing...😬😬😬

·
Registered
16 Posts
A couple weeks ago I noticed that Audi.ca changed the pricing structure for the Q4 etron. Instead of having 3 different models starting at different price points.
Now they have the base starting at $59,950msrp with progressiv and technik Specs now an add on package to the base.

It seems Audi knew of the upcoming changes to Canada’s federal EV rebate program and structured their pricing accordingly to qualify.
Based on the 2022 pricing, the Q4 Komfort, and the Q4 with the progressiv package would qualify for the new rebate; unfortunately Technik just misses the maximum. However based on the governments website the Technik trim does show as eligible despite being over $70k…

Too bad the Sportback versions don't qualify 😞 That rebate would help with the increase in the rate and price

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just heard from my dealer in the GTA who advises that the Q4s will be launched at the end of May and we should have delivery in early June (for those of us who have Q4s sitting in Halifax). It is great that we now qualify for the $5000 federal government rebate...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
Just ordered mine a few weeks ago from Audi West Island in Montreal. Ordered the Technik, Black with the Black Optics Package and the Tech Package. Looking forward to seeing how this compares to my wife's 2020 Q3.

When I ordered it, my sales rep told me that the price is never guaranteed and can be subject to change depending on what year my model ends up being when I get it. He also confirmed that Audi was NOT increasing the price for their 2023 models. If this is true, then anyone getting a 2023 model will qualify for Federal + Quebec incentives.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,
Just ordered mine a few weeks ago from Audi West Island in Montreal. Ordered the Technik, Black with the Black Optics Package and the Tech Package. Looking forward to seeing how this compares to my wife's 2020 Q3.

When I ordered it, my sales rep told me that the price is never guaranteed and can be subject to change depending on what year my model ends up being when I get it. He also confirmed that Audi was NOT increasing the price for their 2023 models. If this is true, then anyone getting a 2023 model will qualify for Federal + Quebec incentives.
In terms of pricing, it's all hearsay until 2023 pricing is released which will be soon hopefully. I've spoken to a few dealers in the GTA and they are expecting price increases of around 3.5%. The dealer I pre-ordered through seems to be very confident the pricing is going up. I keep watching the website for an update.

The Federal Rebate is capped at $60k on base models and up to $70k with upgrades. Considering the base Q4 (Komfort) barely made the list, it would be nice if they kept the pricing the same for the base even if they have to remove options. This would allow for the Q4 to still be eligible, and whichever trim upgrades remain under the $70k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Transport Canada website states:
Vehicles are still eligible for the incentive even if delivery, freight and other fees (like vehicle colour, add-on accessories (e.g., a roof rack), options, and packages) push the actual purchase price over these set limits. As long as a vehicle (the year, make, model, and trim) appears on the list of eligible vehicles, an incentive can be provided. A “trim” is a preset package of equipment and finishes offered for a particular vehicle model (for example: base, sport, touring, etc.). A vehicle model can have multiple trim levels. Different trim levels will usually have different prices.

So this might explain the price structure change by Audi, but also means that all Q4 SUVs are covered, does it not?
Tim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Transport Canada website states:
Vehicles are still eligible for the incentive even if delivery, freight and other fees (like vehicle colour, add-on accessories (e.g., a roof rack), options, and packages) push the actual purchase price over these set limits. As long as a vehicle (the year, make, model, and trim) appears on the list of eligible vehicles, an incentive can be provided. A “trim” is a preset package of equipment and finishes offered for a particular vehicle model (for example: base, sport, touring, etc.). A vehicle model can have multiple trim levels. Different trim levels will usually have different prices.

So this might explain the price structure change by Audi, but also means that all Q4 SUVs are covered, does it not?
Tim
they are included for 2022. No guarantee the 2023’s will be included in the list IF there is a price increase that makes that model year no longer qualify.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, I don't think it's a guarantee that prices will stay the same as my dealer said that price will increase for 2023 (interest rate is a given) but I was also reminded that it doesn't matter for me since I ordered a 2022 Q4 Sportback version which does not qualify at all. So 2022 or 2023 wouldn't matter for the Sportback, just as long as it's in production 😁

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

I guess they're telling you the wait time is around 2 years? So you will have a 2025 model and by that time, who know what the gouv. give (or take) :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
This week, in Ottawa, while taking my usual bus route, I saw an Ioniq 5, EV 6, and this morning saw a Taycan (so sexy in red!) So happy to see other new EVs on the road besides Tesla, which is nothing wrong, but reminds me of myself when I drove my Civic back in the days, and there's another Civic around the corner. So.... I really want to see someone drive Q4 on the road. C'mon Audi!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Was told by my dealer earlier this week that my Q4 has gone into production. Expectation is still end of July to August 2022. Dependent on the Q4 release in Halifax situation like the rest of the Q4s held there.
Wow, I was told mine is still delayed. I placed my deposit last year in July and configured it in August. My sales rep said they think by summer but apparently only the orders early on are being sent out and apparently my order was part of the only orders coming this year in the summer? Not sure how I feel about it but, it would be basically a year since I put down money in July if indeed they are able to get it here by then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My order and deposit were put in early September last year. Was just told that my car is still listed as ‘order wait list’. I can’t believe that 8 months later there isn’t even an approximate production date. If they couldnt deliver the friggin car, why did they even begin taking orders in North American in the first place?

Looks like it’s gonna be a while…

101 - 120 of 157 Posts