Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
141 - 160 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Hey Nirag96. Just curious...is that from your dealership/sales rep? or Audi Canada?
On another note, did you dealership inform you of a vehicle VIN or COM# for your vehicle by any chance?
Thanks!
I have not gotten any update from my sales rep or dealer. I was told there was a chance I could get a vin # in April but haven't gotten anything. How does the com# look or the length of it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have my vin # since Oct but sitting in Halifax for whatever reason for 8 months there. I called my dealer last week and he said about another 5 weeks but will just release a few in June. Well, he said 5 weeks, I assume 10 weeks.😞

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have my vin # since Oct but sitting in Halifax for whatever reason for 8 months there. I called my dealer last week and he said about another 5 weeks but will just release a few in June. Well, he said 5 weeks, I assume 10 weeks.😞
I'm not sure I would want an EV that has been sitting in a parking lot for that long... curious about the implications of that. Been my concern for months now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not sure I would want an EV that has been sitting in a parking lot for that long... curious about the implications of that. Been my concern for months now.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Remember the BMW Transport Canada recall and subsequent court case that BMW won over the Port of Halifax.
I had thought my car might be there based on my reservation and order dates, but now assured it is in the second wave, whenever that might be. Not sure that I understand how that all works since my dates were earlier than it appears for other posters; perhaps an allocation situation that someone mentioned in an earlier post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had placed my deposit on a Q4 Technik in early Feb 2022. At the time the dealer was confident I would receive mine by Dec 2022. I was skeptical of this considering he wasn't able to place an actual order as 2022s were done, and he has to wait for 2023 pricing to be released and the portal open to submit my order; which still hasn't occurred.
I'm in no urgent rush for the vehicle and would be okay if it arrived in Spring 2023, however, what is becoming clear is that I likely will not be seeing this Q4 until late summer/fall 2023. Aside from the hold-up in Halifax, it's been reported by some industry insiders that Audi has oversold the Q4 globally by approx 600% and there is a long backlog.

With all that said, I've made the decision to order the Volvo C40. I test drove it over the weekend and enjoyed it, and the best part is they are making deliveries. I placed my deposit yesterday and my expected delivery date is the end of September 2022; however, the dealer mentioned they have seen some arriving early. Volvo has two electric EVs the XC40 Recharge and C40, both are pretty much identical except for the look. Depending on the GTA dealer, XC40 recharge would deliver in Nov/Dec, with the C40s allocations more available with faster delivery.

I will not cancel my Q4 deposit until closer to my C40 delivery just to cover my bases in case any changes.

This group has been very helpful over the last few months, so I figured I would share that there are other options currently available and actually making deliveries in case some of you don't want to continue with the unknown wait.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have not gotten any update from my sales rep or dealer. I was told there was a chance I could get a vin # in April but haven't gotten anything. How does the com# look or the length of it?
Hey Nirag96. I am only aware of the term COMM# that was provided to me by me sales rep back in Mar-2022 it is a 6-digit alpha-numeric number.
Mine is like this 2W6728. I was also provided a VIN#.

I am not entire sure if the COMM# comes before / during / after the VIN# but it is something that further reassures your vehicle is in-production or completed production.
I was told that sometimes having a VIN# (in the current pandemic & post-pandemic situation) does not necessary signify your vehicle is already finished because they could have generated/assigned it in the early stages of the production process. Which you still have to allot for production time, transport time, and so forth.

I hope the tidbit of information helps in your inquiry to ascertain a certain comfort of the status of your order. Good luck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am not entire sure if the COMM# comes before / during / after the VIN# but it is something that further reassures your vehicle is in-production or completed production.
I think COMM# refers to ‘commission number’. I think it is a number assigned to your order when it is accepted by the factory, therefore it is something that happens early in the order process but at least shows you have made it further than the dealers wait list.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Hey Nirag96. I am only aware of the term COMM# that was provided to me by me sales rep back in Mar-2022 it is a 6-digit alpha-numeric number.
Mine is like this 2W6728. I was also provided a VIN#.

I was told that sometimes having a VIN# (in the current pandemic & post-pandemic situation) does not necessary signify your vehicle is already finished because they could have generated/assigned it in the early stages of the production process. Which you still have to allot for production time, transport time, and so forth.

I hope the tidbit of information helps in your inquiry to ascertain a certain comfort of the status of your order. Good luck!
Wow turns out I do have a comms# on my order. I just checked my email from the time my sales rep sent me a digital copy. I do see a comms#. I hope things get a move on soon with these gas prices getting out of control :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi guys,
I was just talking to my dealer, and from what I got from the conversation Audi just canceled a lot of orders planned for this year delivery. My still point to mid July production. He also said the cars in Halifax won’t be released until the software issue is fixed.
Unfortunately the competition is not in better shape.
my BMW i4 have projected production date 18-24 months from now.
Another not Q4, but EV news is I got email from Genesis revealing their GV60 pricing. Their options are quite pricey.

The GV60 Advanced: $71,000 + Tax
The GV60 Performance: $79,000 + Tax
Finance Rates announcement were as follows:

Fixed Rate of 3.9% from 2 to 4 years O.A.C
Fixed Rate of 4.4% from 5 to 6 years O.A.C

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys,
I was just talking to my dealer, and from what I got from the conversation Audi just canceled a lot of orders planned for this year delivery. My still point to mid July production. He also said the cars in Halifax won’t be released until the software issue is fixed.
Hey all

I have a general FYI update. To further support G-Bolt's posting our sales rep (Friend) has confirmed that it is a software issue that is holding up the batch of Q4-Etrons in Halifax.
What the software issue is; nobody knows except someone in Audi Canada (Which is the frustrating part).
Further to that, we were at our dealership this past Monday and because of our situation, they (dealership) has hooked us up with a short-term lease until our Q4 E-tron arrives.
We have been without our 2nd vehicle since we traded-in ours last August when our deal was officialized (Leasing secured, took our trade-in) so they have finally found a lease-return to let us use in the meantime for my wife. (Koudous to the dealership).
When we were there finalizing the paperwork, my friend told me to look over at that their managers office which had a stack of orders piled on their table (It looks like about 80 to 100) that are all Q4-Etron booking/orders from last year, BUT she told me that among that pile only about 1/4 of it will be filled/delivered this year the rest will be unknown and most likely next year. On top of that there is 'another pile' sitting in another manager's office which won't even come close....and god knows.

Overall I understand it has been a frustrating process/ordeal...before our dealership propose a solution to us Monday afternoon my wife and I went to BMW Toronto Monday AM to check out the i4-M50 which they had as a test-drive vehicle (4-Wheel Drive). Because I was sick and tired of waiting without knowing, and here is what I yielded...They are willing to sell their 'demo vehicles' if you are willing to pay over sticker price. (You can call them to inquire the details). The only reason we didn't move forward is because we actually test-drove the car and it was just too small for our needs. Back-seats where useless with my seat settings, but the car is a lot fun to drive for sure (500-hp). So if you are looking at alternatives and don't mind paying over sticker, then you should check them out.

Wishing everybody a wonderful long weekend! Cheers!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
I got some updates from my sales rep this morning. My car finished production sometime this week. They don't know the eta for it yet but expect sometime in Aug. He did mention that quite a lot of orders were canceled. Hopefully, we get some more updates and they will release the cars in Halifax soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got some updates from my sales rep this morning. My car finished production sometime this week. They don't know the eta for it yet but expect sometime in Aug. He did mention that quite a lot of orders were canceled. Hopefully, we get some more updates and they will release the cars in Halifax soon.
Good news for you and the rest of us expecting. Finally some of the orders are getting built. Now if they fix the issues and release the cars would be great. With this being said I honestly would not buy car that was sitting at the port for that long.

141 - 160 of 203 Posts