Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Q4 E-tron 40 owners, what kind of range and charging times do you experience on long drive (200+ miles?)

thanks in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Q4 E-tron 40 owners, what kind of range and charging times do you experience on long drive (200+ miles?)

thanks in advance
On longer Journeys I've been getting 4.8mi/KWh - so real Range of about 370mi

On shorter Journeys (Up hill and Down hill constantly to work)
my long term Avg is 3.4mi/KWh - so Range about 262mi

I'm happy with both figures - as it means inefficient driving is giving 260 and efficient driving is 370
Much better than I expected! - had it for 2 months.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can also get 3-phase public chargers at 22KW which I believe the Q4 is compatible with.
Just checked - you can use these Chargers but it will still charge at 11 (the full etron I think is capable of 22 - or the new model will be)
however if you are using a public charger you'd probably opt for DC at 125KW anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any one here owns the 35 variant? I am wondering what kind of real world mileage will that give. I have ordered the 35 sportback variant but cannot seem to find any details in regards to real world mileage anywhere

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any one here owns the 35 variant? I am wondering what kind of real world mileage will that give. I have ordered the 35 sportback variant but cannot seem to find any details in regards to real world mileage anywhere
I can only assume, as it has 2/3 the battery size, that it will achieve 2/3 of what I get.
I would assume it would run just as efficiently as the other models, maybe even more so, as it's lighter?

My Range is between approx 3.4mi/KW - 4.8mi/KW - assuming you get similar then you should get
between 176m and 249m depending on how aggressively you drive.

But that's only extrapolating from what i get out of the 40....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can only assume, as it has 2/3 the battery size, that it will achieve 2/3 of what I get.
I would assume it would run just as efficiently as the other models, maybe even more so, as it's lighter?

My Range is between approx 3.4mi/KW - 4.8mi/KW - assuming you get similar then you should get
between 176m and 249m depending on how aggressively you drive.

But that's only extrapolating from what i get out of the 40....
if i can get anything between 175-180 from a single charge, id be a happy person. I mostly drive efficiently and i ve heard you get a bIt more range from the sportback variant.

·
Registered
21 Posts
if i can get anything between 175-180 from a single charge, id be a happy person. I mostly drive efficiently and i ve heard you get a bIt more range from the sportback variant.
Yes sportback has got a lower drag coefficient.
Based on what I'm getting I reckon you'll comfortably get ~180 (probably more if you drive sensibly).

·
Registered
2 Posts

I'm happy with both figures - as it means inefficient driving is giving 260 and efficient driving is 370

I'm happy with both figures - as it means ineffilcient driving is giving 260 and efficient driving is 370
Hi Lee,

I've just ordered the 35 and most journeys will be motorway mileage. What speed are you averaging on the motorway to get the results you mentioned?

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Lee,

I've just ordered the 35 and most journeys will be motorway mileage. What speed are you averaging on the motorway to get the results you mentioned?

Cheers
Hi Simon,
approx 72 ish - with the odd burst for overtaking.
I've always been a sensible kind of driver anyway, so I find that I can drive my Q4
the same as I've always driven a Petrol or Diesel without having to worry about
harming my Range. I don't think so far i've even gone beyond 50% on my power guage
but still manage to accelerate nippy enough without draining any battery life.

If you put it into Dynamic Mode and floor it you can probably knock a good 33% off my figures.
Cheers
Lee.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Lee,

Cheers
p.s. I did 135 Motorway miles on Saturday and used 39% of my battery.
Extrapolate that and it's 346mi Range - It's gotten a bit colder now though
so not surprised if my 370mi at 20C is now 346mi at 8C.
In Jan/Feb I'd probably expect that to go sub 300 in Freezing weather.

·
Registered
2 Posts
p.s. I did 135 Motorway miles on Saturday and used 39% of my battery.
Extrapolate that and it's 346mi Range - It's gotten a bit colder now though
so not surprised if my 370mi at 20C is now 346mi at 8C.
In Jan/Feb I'd probably expect that to go sub 300 in Freezing weather.
Cheers, that great. Pretty impressive though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cheers, that great. Pretty impressive though.
Yep I'm really pleased that the Range is as good (better) than they claimed.
But the Reviews did indicate it would be the case which is why I went with the Audi
as a lot of the others claiming ~300 were only getting about 220 in real world tests :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just finished a short test drive in a Q4 S Line 40 with the following results:

Distance 10 miles
Average speed 26 mph - this included a mix of slow, dual carriageway up to 60 mph and som fairly spirited acceleration
Efficiency readout for the journey of 3.3 miles/kwh
Outside temperature 13.5c

Albiet a short journey this extrapolates out to a battery range of 254 miles.

Was very impressed with the drive even on the sport suspension and 20 inch wheels.

Now just need to decide on whether or not to push the “buy” button!

·
Registered
21 Posts
254mi (3.3mi/kwh) is pretty good under those stop/start, slow/fast & accelerating conditions.
Pretty much about what I get on a daily basis under the same sort of driving conditions.
Much better on longer journeys where it's just a constant speed, as long as you don't put you foot down too much.

If Range is one of your biggest buying criteria, then for the money and build I can't think of a better option.
There are cheaper cars and more expensive cars, but the Q4 seems to be the one that's found the right balance and delivers the most per mile.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts