Audi e-tron Forum banner
61 - 80 of 135 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
Can you talk to it to get it back?

I've tried talking to it to cancel navigation, no joy, then by accident I noticed the Chequered Flag with a Red cross, I thought it meant, that icon was unavailable, pressed it in hope and bingo Nav cancelled.

My bedtime reading does not consist of reading the owners manual.

· Registered
150 Posts
We only tried the voice control for the first time yesterday.

As I'm from the north east and my partners german, when we asked for "Prince Bishops" (a shopping centre in Durham, thought I'd put that in context) the first four times it just said "Pardon?", then on the 5th time it heard "Bishops cleave" 😂.

After laughing at her for 30 seconds she replied "I'm going into standby now" or something along them lines.

In her fairness, google has no idea what were saying either. Last time I asked for a pizza dough recipe, I got shown funeral advice :unsure:

· Registered
448 Posts
We only tried the voice control for the first time yesterday.

As I'm from the north east and my partners german, when we asked for "Prince Bishops" (a shopping centre in Durham, thought I'd put that in context) the first four times it just said "Pardon?", then on the 5th time it heard "Bishops cleave" 😂.

After laughing at her for 30 seconds she replied "I'm going into standby now" or something along them lines.

In her fairness, google has no idea what were saying either. Last time I asked for a pizza dough recipe, I got shown funeral advice :unsure:

Bishops Cleave is near Cheltenham Racecourse, perhaps she thought you wanted a flutter.

· Registered
448 Posts
I have a question for any of you who have managed to get the e-tron Charging Services Card.

Have any of you looked at your invoices?

I have just been sent my December Invoice, 1 transaction (charge). The thing is, I was informed I had £150 credit voucher. The invoice shows charges for 50kWh, a half monthly fee, plus VAT. So after 1/2 month and 1 charging session £19.74 inc VAT + £8 monthly charges.

I don't know about you folks, but I was under the impression, the monthly fee was waived for 12 months and would only be charged for electricity put into the car, (I guess VAT is part of that - it just looks weird shown separately).

If this isn't the case then after 12 months, 12 x 16.81 = £201.72 is what you will be billed before you even receive any charging added to the car.

Have I got this right? Because my invoice leads me to think this is the case.

· Registered
448 Posts
So, I have now received my second invoice, although the monthly fee is shown, by some means of accounting, it isn't deducted. However, I have discovered another wonderful charge on the account, (20% VAT + .Total amount (19% VAT DE) 1 + 19% VAT DE1

You definitely need Accountancy qualifications to understand these invoices. I believe that the monetary value shown on the charger includes VAT, but not the European VAT element.

It's great that we get a credit, but it's not as much as we'd believe.

· Registered
48 Posts
So, I have now received my second invoice, although the monthly fee is shown, by some means of accounting, it isn't deducted. However, I have discovered another wonderful charge on the account, (20% VAT + .Total amount (19% VAT DE) 1 + 19% VAT DE1

You definitely need Accountancy qualifications to understand these invoices. I believe that the monetary value shown on the charger includes VAT, but not the European VAT element.

It's great that we get a credit, but it's not as much as we'd believe.
The free 12 months is only for the transit tariff, was that the one you selected when setting it up?

· Registered
3 Posts
On longer Journeys I've been getting 4.8mi/KWh - so real Range of about 370mi

On shorter Journeys (Up hill and Down hill constantly to work)
my long term Avg is 3.4mi/KWh - so Range about 262mi

I'm happy with both figures - as it means inefficient driving is giving 260 and efficient driving is 370
Much better than I expected! - had it for 2 months.
Wow - How do you manage that - my long term trip is showing 2.9mi/KWh - also had mine for 2 months..

· Registered
Q4 S-Line 40 Sportback, C+S Pack, Pebble Grey
52 Posts
So if we know on a long run when using the Nav and using the suggested charging stations the car prepares itself for optimal charging does anyone have any idea how long before the charger it prepares etc.

Just thinking if there is a way of mimicking this behaviour

From limited experience the Gridserve chargers on M6 didn't dispense more than 45/50kw despite being over 100kw rated at whatever state of charge my car was. Could this be built in to the software by Audi ? trying to get you to use their preferred chargers ? Wouldn't have thought Gridserve would restrict the rate as its in their interests for you to finish quicker ?

· Registered
150 Posts
So if we know on a long run when using the Nav and using the suggested charging stations the car prepares itself for optimal charging does anyone have any idea how long before the charger it prepares etc.

Just thinking if there is a way of mimicking this behaviour

From limited experience the Gridserve chargers on M6 didn't dispense more than 45/50kw despite being over 100kw rated at whatever state of charge my car was. Could this be built in to the software by Audi ? trying to get you to use their preferred chargers ? Wouldn't have thought Gridserve would restrict the rate as its in their interests for you to finish quicker ?
Ive never managed to get ours over 50kw regardless of charge point capacity, including the monster 350kw chargers as of last month.

One thing I would advise for anyone who owns one of these though is not to rely on Audis sat nav for charge planning. We set off from Center Parcs when it was icy in December & the car found the next charger to plan its stop. Set off, 50-55mph, cruise control, no bikes, roof boxes etc. Half way there it changed its mind & said we had insufficient charge to reach the destination & that no others were within range.

Fortunately after coming off the motorway, ZapMaps considerably better informed & I found a charger at an Aldi with 8% remaining.

· Registered
43 Posts
With "heat pump"?
No Heat Pump. Range does vary quite a lot with temperature though.
Now I've had my car for 18 months my long term averages at different times of year are:

Summer (20C+) 4.8m/kw
Spr/Aut (10-20C) 3.8m/kw
Winter (0-10C) 3.2m/kw
Sub Zero (recent -7C) 2.7m/kw

So the Range fluctuates between about ~200m at -7C to ~360m at 30C+

61 - 80 of 135 Posts